The online racing simulator
Fridays LFS master server downtime
Hello.

I would like to know if Fridays downtime was because of DDOS attack or because developers worked on a server.

If it was a DDOS i hope devs made a fix to avoid that happening.

If it was server management by devs, thats sad news. For last 10 years, FOX LFS league has been running every friday at same time. To pick exactly the time of that race to work on a server is, Im sorry to say, silly.

So in case it was server management, i urge developers to share that information with league organizers before server is down, or maybe schedule maintenance when there is no league running. Times of leagues can be seen on LFS calendar easy.
Scheduled maintenance usually takes a bit longer than the 20-ish minutes the server was down, also a ddos would probably have taken the servers out for a longer time. So probably just a local ‘hiccup’ causing the servers to reboot or something?
It was an unfortunate accident. I made a mistake in a switch configuration, leading to loss of connectivity. I had to race to the datacenter to get it up again.
I could not tell you inadvance because I did not plan this. I regret doing work on Friday evening.
I guess you got you cardio done on friday Big grin
Proper punishment would be coming back to IRC...
Quote from Victor :It was an unfortunate accident. I made a mistake in a switch configuration, leading to loss of connectivity. I had to race to the datacenter to get it up again.
I could not tell you inadvance because I did not plan this. I regret doing work on Friday evening.

Ahh, so now atleast we know what happened. Thank you for explanation!
Hehe that's our main rule at work, don't push anything to production on a friday. Big grin

Fridays LFS master server downtime
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG