The online racing simulator
YouTube advertising illegal stuff: cracked LFS
Hello.
I was searching for LFS videos when I found this one: (removed)

This **** is explaining how to set up LFS with their "LFS Pro" (sic) community, and they don't use the demo but use a cracked LFS.exe to register the game using another servers than the officials.
I tried to report the video but, for copyright infringements, only the owner can do it (maybe @scawen can do it)

It really makes me sick finding this kind of things Frown
Frown Yeah, sad to see these kind of videos. I disliked it, that's all we can do I'm afraid. Frown
#3 - bowst

Unfortunately Scawen don't have enough money to sue them.
You can do a Counterfeit report through the Report button too. Under Other Legal Claims
Quote from MicroSpecV :You can do a Counterfeit report through the Report button too. Under Other Legal Claims

Sadly not.

YouTube will only consider legal complaints when notified by the party in question or their authorized legal representative.
#6 - Racon
Quote from Kashopi :...authorized legal representative

Does this necessarily mean a qualified lawyer? Could it be something easier liked a named volunteer acting as part of 'party in question'? You'd probably need a lawyer to know for sure, but worth a thought maybe.
Just flag the video anyway. I just reported it, hopefully YouTube will take it down if more people report it as well.

I seems like their PayPal account has been taken down:
Quote :This recipient is currently unable to receive money.

So that's good to see.

So maybe we can also try to contact their domain provider and/or webhosting provider? Their/his name is all over here:

http://whois.domaintools.com/lfspro.net

These Brazilian and Turkish crackers really help the earnings for LFS... Idiots.

@Scawen, wouldn't a simple Takedown notice be enough? They're hosting illegal activities on their website clearly, and are even making money for stealing a game.

You can try to enter this as well:

- https://publicdomainregistry.com/report-abuse-complain/
- https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form
Quote from Bose321 :Just flag the video anyway. I just reported it, hopefully YouTube will take it down if more people report it as well.

True, thanks.
Just did that for the videos and the channel itself.
I think the thing that shocked me the most from that video is the number of downloads recorded on the mod files... If they're accurate, 200k downloads on the launcher, damn.
This.

Quote from Kashopi :Sadly not.

YouTube will only consider legal complaints when notified by the party in question or their authorized legal representative.

How can we notify it? Which option should we choose?
Reported for Spam/Fraud.Thumbs up

Come on team, ID any Youtube videos like this so we can all join in the game of "Report a Scumbag"
A game the whole community can play. Hug
Done.
Reported for scams and fraud with the explanation.

Stupid crack drivers Looney
Just used my YouTube Partnership status in a first step to take this video down. If that won't help, I'll use another system I have to directly contact YouTube support via e-mail.

Edit:

Got a quote/message ready incase it isnt taken down within 48-hours.

"This video promotes a scammer/fraudulent criminal organisation, reselling a cracked game without any permission by the game's creators clearly. Who are Scavier Solutions @ lfs.net And this video promotes selling the cracked illegal game and the owner is a known fraudulent scammer in the official game community!"

Anything more I should add to that?
Quote from rockclan :
"This video promotes a scammer/fraudulent criminal organisation, reselling a cracked game without any permission by the game's creators clearly. Who are Scavier Solutions @ lfs.net And this video promotes selling the cracked illegal game and the owner is a known fraudulent scammer in the official game community!"

Anything more I should add to that?

I also reported all the videos they have for the same reasons, but your text is better written Smile

LGTM
I've got a response from the domain registrar:

Quote :Please note, the domain name is merely registered with us. As the registrar of the domain name lfspro.net, we have no control over the content hosted on the domain name.

As a domain name Registrar, we would be in a position to assist you, ONLY if you can provide us a Temporary Restraining Order from any Court of Law or any Government Law Enforcement Agency.

There is a possibility that such an activity may stand as a breach of contract of the Accepted Usage Policy (AUP) of the Web Hosting Service Provider, for this domain name. You need to get in touch with them to seek action on this issue.

You may use any of the several web-based tools, to locate the E-Mail Address of the Abuse Desk of the Web Hosting Service Provider. One such tool is (http://www.domainwhitepages.com/).

I believe their host is CloudFlare (unless they only use it for CDN): https://www.cloudflare.com/abuse/form
Might be best to remove the link in the first post, even though it would be easy enough for anyone to find via a search it still gives a direct link for someone that otherwise might not of bothered looking or might not have known it was possible
If you want more people to report the video - the link should stay. I'm not sure if I would've reported it if I had to dig to find the video. I'd say it should be removed after it's become irrelevant, for example taken down.

E: OK I see the link isn't there no more. After seeing the OP I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have reported because I wouldn't know how to find that one specific video you're all talking about.
Quote from mbutcher :I think the thing that shocked me the most from that video is the number of downloads recorded on the mod files... If they're accurate, 200k downloads on the launcher, damn.

well.. there are 3 times the amount of Brazilians comparing to the UK population. ****ed around pretty well, tripling the population since 1960. Add to the fact that english is a top ranked international language but still ignored as a language by about 75% of the world population and the LFS main website/shop is only in English.. Then I am not surprised at all. Most people simply don't know better because they aren't provided with correct information in their own language.

What surprises me is that people are surprised in 2020 while there was a lengthy discussion about it in 2016 and even much earlier where I addressed this Youtube problem already multiple times (this is just one referral; https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1915422#post1915422 funny enough its about exactly the same crack group).

There seems to be no interest to do something about it, even a kid could do what I did with Youtube and it's not much effort at all. But eehh ye..

I guess its part of the whole LFS experience, yearly or semi yearly recurring discussions about exactly the same issues with extremely limited progress (not talking about LFS development in particular but rather the whole scene in general).
Quote from cargame.nl :Add to the fact that english is a top ranked international language but still ignored as a language by about 75% of the world population and the LFS main website/shop is only in English.. Then I am not surprised at all. Most people simply don't know better because they aren't provided with correct information in their own language.

I was about to say "hey, LFS web page is translated to many languages. I'm sure they should have the web page in their native language" but then I tried to actually change my language. The web page is translated but as you said, the shop itself is not translated at all. Strange, never noticed.
The links for these videos should stay up, it's hard to report videos that you can't (be bothered to) locate.
Quote from cargame.nl :well.. there are 3 times the amount of Brazilians comparing to the UK population. ****ed around pretty well, tripling the population since 1960. Add to the fact that english is a top ranked international language but still ignored as a language by about 75% of the world population and the LFS main website/shop is only in English.. Then I am not surprised at all. Most people simply don't know better because they aren't provided with correct information in their own language.

What surprises me is that people are surprised in 2020 while there was a lengthy discussion about it in 2016 and even much earlier where I addressed this Youtube problem already multiple times (this is just one referral; https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1915422#post1915422 funny enough its about exactly the same crack group).

There seems to be no interest to do something about it, even a kid could do what I did with Youtube and it's not much effort at all. But eehh ye..

I guess its part of the whole LFS experience, yearly or semi yearly recurring discussions about exactly the same issues with extremely limited progress (not talking about LFS development in particular but rather the whole scene in general).

Makes Sense ... Big grin contradicting itself, virtually every foreign person i know from LFS right through to working with or alongside speaks english, reading sometimes may be a little more difficult for some but not greatly
Quote from Racer X NZ :The links for these videos should stay up, it's hard to report videos that you can't (be bothered to) locate.

That works for both ends, those wanting to report the videos but also for those wanting to find such info for themselves
Cargame is right.

When LFS Pro came about and the pricing deal was changed to try and bring in licenses from Brazil, I had high hopes and some expectations (again). The problem is that with those pricing changes came nothing new to that "hacked" community. No cars no new tracks and dead development. Reporting videos and doing this and that unfortunately is a waste of energy. Its up to this Dev team to combat things like this and it didn't happen.

YouTube advertising illegal stuff: cracked LFS
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG