The online racing simulator
HAKONE TURNPIKE TOUGE
(1 post, started )
HAKONE TURNPIKE TOUGE
Hakone turnpike style touge.

Left lane is single wide at most spots along the road and is used to drive to the "top".
Coming down, the lane becomes double wide which allows drifting.

Detail focused while maintaining a drive-able touge.

A key part of the real life touge is the tolls. There are a few of them scattered throughout the road the higher you go on the mountain. Detail/props are limited in the LFS editor but i tryed to incorporate as many of these details as possible.

The track can be continuously drifted on your way back down while you pass other drivers making their way to the top or resting/watching at any rest-stop along the road. To keep drivers from crossing and causing crashes, small concrete bumps are placed along the yellow divider line. This technique is used on the real road, but instead it is used as a repellent against racers and drifters.

Theres many resting points along the mountain to wait for friends or repairing damage with zipties! keeping with an 90s theme spectators are out to watch the illegal street racers!

At the top of the mountain the final toll booth is blocked off before leading into a "tunnel". The is where you circle back and can now show off to spectators and tandem with friends back down trying to keep in the left lane where possible. Hashed yellow divider lines means you can cross them, as long as there is no traffic coming the other way!

Top down view of the road. The track had to be smaller then i wanted based off the prop limit and how much detail i wanted to put into the road. But its a fun road to get the 90s street drifter vibe.
Attached files
AU1_Hakone Turnpike Style Touge.lyt - 16.5 KB - 400 views

HAKONE TURNPIKE TOUGE
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG