The online racing simulator
RTX technology compatibility for LFS ?
hello there
what can rtx technology do for lfs
thanks
Scawen is updating from DX9 to DX10 (wraped in DX11). DX12 would equire a major rewrite of everything, and RTX is in fact another rewrite on top of that one. So... short answer is: nothing possitive for us.
Who needs RTX?
RTX is just a money making machine. You pay more for it as it is worth.
#4 - lfsrm
is this some troll account ?
#5 - gu3st
RTX is also nVidia specific. Microsoft is working on raytracing for DX12 as well AFAIK.
This require DX12 Ultimate. Not nessessary.
#7 - nacim
Quote from gu3st :RTX is also nVidia specific. Microsoft is working on raytracing for DX12 as well AFAIK.

"RTX" is just NVIDIA's marketing name of the hardware capable of raytracing and compatible with DirectX Raytracing (DXR). I think xmlenoa simply meant ray tracing effect (or even path tracing in LFS).
I admit that it would be awesome, but that's way too far for the targeted hardware by Scawen (DX10 capable GPU, at best it would DX11).

Using DX12 feature level 11 (so compatible on a DX11 GPU) would be doable, and using FL 12.0 (to enable raytracing) could be feasable, but that would require dropping support for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
Raytracing looks great, but let's talk about it again in five to ten years if performance doesn't suffer as much.

It is currently "pointless" for LFS. Every single frame was hard optimized by the developers only to then sacrifice half of their work with Ray for a bit of BlinkBlink.

I mean, look at the models of the cars! LFS should have very different priorities with only three developers. ;-)
(sorry for my bad English)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG