The online racing simulator
Driving games on realistic maps
(13 posts, started )
What games, other than Grand Theft Auto and Mafia, allow driving in realistic city|country environment close to real life?
Driver,plenty of games from NFS series comes right away into my mind.
Midtown Madness, Midnight Club. BeamNG, if traffic is an afterthought?
The Crew, The Crew2, TDU, TDU2, Forza Horizon series.
AC has a few maps, like glencoe, wangan expressways, lake louise etc. that's if you just want to drive around without realistic traffic.

FH4 would be great otherwise but the cars seem to get caught in unnecessary tankslappers and there's no fine point of balance, but the surroundings are pretty nice and you can pretty much drive anywhere in the game.

ofc there's also city car driving simulators in steam that have a variety of mods if you want traffic situations too, and Euro truck simulators have pretty nice roads except everything is squished down into 1:10 scale of real stuff. Big grin
#6 - 5tag
Forza Horizon is probably closest to what you're looking for. But the driving physics, the tyre physics in particular, are kind of awkward and setting a car up is not intuitive if you have a technical background or just experience with setups in LFS. The sound design has its ups and downs, but is obviously way superior to LFS. Graphics are pretty sweet and there are four differen seasons with slightly changing weather and GTA-like day/night cycles.
Thanks for suggestions. I guess i should have mentioned that i was looking for driving not racing games but i guess they should have Freeroam mode aswell. Also that Forza looks very eye-candy software therefore in need of new hardware which i not have yet.

To not make more topics. Which game(s) allow drive in real cities?
Quote from farcar :BeamNG Drive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAzk5HHVp7M

Cool! I always thought and kinda wanted GTA and Mafia type sanbox games are possible to be designed with physics included(with ON|OFF setting). When it comes to simulation games Penn & Teller were wrong. They are very useful.
Quote from nikopdr :AC has a few maps, like glencoe, wangan expressways, lake louise etc. that's if you just want to drive around without realistic traffic.

Lake Louise is a masterpiece. The first Shuto was great, heard there's a bigger version currently WIP but not sure how it's going. I also like the Evo Triangle - long, narrow track on British public roads.
Driver 1 for PC was my favorite game back in the days. <3
+1 for the Driver fanclub, me and the kids used to take turns to see how long we could last in oncoming traffic Smile
Quote from Eclipsed :Driver

Fun fact, Driver: San Franciso didn't perform as well as expect so the sequel was spun into a new IP that became Watch Dogs.

The detail in London in the upcoming Watch Dogs: Legion has impressed me greatly but then I've not played games for years now so I'm rather behind the times when it comes to expectations and the modern quality standard. The first time I've played a game that has featured a city I know (I'm not counting the GTA: London expansions).

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG