The online racing simulator
The PACT Driving Assistant
(24 posts, started )
Hey,
The PACT Driving Assistant was made to avoid collisions caused by not paying attention while cruising on TC...

Work in progress stuff, so that you know what I am working on right now:
Trying to make the difference that the braking force of the car in front makes to the collision warning distance more accurate.

More info:
If the car in front performs a full emergency stop and you are not right behind it, the current warning occurs a little too late... Can be fixed, obviously, but it take lots of testing and maths... Especially when trying to determine how hard the car in front is braking Smile. Currently i have basically four things the car can detect:
The car in front:
1. accelerates
2. does nothing really
3. brakes a little
4. brakes hard.
Gotta put that into a mathematic (donno if thats spelled correctly) function, like the collision warning distance itself.

Current Version: 7.2
Download, including installation guide:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qxz1qr0vbo7cggh/PACT_Driving_Assistant_V7.2.zip/file

Video Guide: https://youtu.be/G7xLSmdYQoQ

If you have questions, suggestions or trouble installing, hit me up on discord!
InGame #6244

Features:
-Collision Warning: The program will warn you if there is an emerging danger of collision with a car in front. The hazard lights will be activated automatically. With this update it contains a preliminary, visual warning.

-Blind Spot Warning: The program will display a little "!" on the right or left side of the screen if there is a car in your blindspot or comming fast from behind. When using the indicator the "!" gets bigger and red. (NEW: When a collision seems likely to the system while steering when there is a car in your blindspot, a warning will sound)

-Hazard Light Assist: While emergency braking from 80kph or higher the program will turn on the hazard lights until you hit the throttle again.

-Rear End Collision Prevention: When a car from behind seems not to see you, your lights (if they arent already on) and your hazard lights will be turned on until you hit the throttle.

-Pull out Warning: When pulling onto another street the program will display ">>" or "<<" on the side of your screen if there is a car comming from that side.

-Cop Mode: The program will not give an audible warning when playing as a cop. It will recongnize your role play status via your name.

-Cross Traffic Warning: Works Up to 110 kph. It will display a huge warning at the side of the screen and a beep will prompt you to react immediately.

- Head-Up Display. Basically what it sounds like. A head up display which can be turned on or off.

- PDC (Park Distance Control): Lights up and beeps, just like you'd expect a PDC to do!

Changelogs:
V7.0->V7.2:
-Visual warnings look much better now
-The warning distance is now even more math, but you gut much less unnecessary warnings
-You can actually start the program together with lfs, you dont have to wait until your on track anymore: The program will restart automatically if the connection to lfs is lost; problem solved Smile

V6.0->V7.0:
-Basically everything is a little better now.
-New warnings sounds, that arent so annoying. (Old ones can still be used)
-New acute blind spot warning, with warning sound when you are steering towards a car in your blind spot and a collision is very likely.
-PDC is much better now.

V5.2->V6.0:
-Added a tutorial at first start.
-Literally completely overhauled the collision warning.
-Some settings are now costumizable via set.txt file.

V5.0 -> V5.2:
-Fixed an issue with the collision warning in V5.0
-You can now activate and deactivate the assistance systems via an assistance menu.

V4.0 -> V5.0:
-The System needs much less data to determine if warnings are needed now. Its much more stable.
-Many fixes concerning the collison and cross traffic warning.
-Beta PDC (Park distance control)

V3.5 -> V4.0:
-Many bugfixes and a more accurate collision warning
-New auto-gearbox with two shifting modes!

V3.2 -> V3.5:
-Added a preliminary warning. This is helpful to optimise your reaction time.
-The program now works much better on low end PC's, because it needs much less data then before.

V3.1 -> V3.2:
-New Cop Mode, the car will now try to determine wether you are a cop and not give you collision warnings as a cop. All other warnings work as usual.

V2.5 -> V3.1:
-The program is now a .exe, not a .py anymore!

V2.4 -> V2.5:
-Fixed an issue with the indicators, causing them to not turn off after the rear end collsion prevention was triggered.
-Minor changes to the warning distance.

V2.3 -> 2.4:
-Fixed issues with the indicators.
-Fixed issues with false warnings for cars on bridges.
-Improvements to the rear end thing were made.
-Added the cross traffic warning.
-Minor improvements to the blind spot warning were made.

V2 -> V2.3:
-Added the Rear End Collision Prevention
-The program now considers the heading for the collision warning which means you dont get false warnings for oncomming traffic now anymore.
-Many false warnings caused by considering the false car were are fixed now.

V1 -> V2:
-Added the Blind Spot Warning.
-The program now considers more than one car for the warning
-Mayor improvements too the Collision warning were made.
-Several new warning sounds were added.
Hmmm.

Something appears to be missing…
Isn't it better to use something like Dropbox?
What do you mean by missing? There is a MediaFire link though? Hmmmm
Umm now the link should work, thanks that u made me aware of that <3 O_O
Hey again.

I can't seem to make it work. I followed the instructions and got as far as where i needed to open the program. I have never used or even gotten close to python, so I'm assuming its insim.py that I'm suppose to open?

In the instructions it just says
Now start the Collsion warning program.

Where is that located exactly?

------------

Rob contacted me on discord and sorted out the issue, i was using the wrong python version. He agreed to put a download to the right one in the next update.
After showing me and demonstrating the features, I'm impressed by how well this insim works.
Good job, Rob.

Note: I'm using Python 2.7.15

Edit: Moved to LFS Programming Libs and Tools.
Hello guys!

Since I really try to listen to you when it comes to suggestions here is an update with .exe files... NO difficult installation needed anymore, only thing you still have to do is configure outgauge Smile!

Thanks to Huski for the suggestion. If you have any, let me know!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/21rbubyj8i8bqmj/Version_3.1.zip/file

Have fun with the update!

Spoiler alert:
With the next update there will be an option for cops to turn off the collision warning Smile!

BTW GUYS, IGNORE THE VERSION IT SAYS WHEN STARTING, JUST ME NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHEN TESTING XD!
I wish there was some workaround for autobrake on wheels.

AEB would be an amazing feature on lfs.
or just post it here. i was trying to tell you mediafire links are dead all over these forums. so thats reason i gave you other options.

but even more easy would have been simply uploading it to forums.
so now its here Wink
Attached files
Version 3.1.zip - 15.9 MB - 54 views
Update to Version 3.5!
The new update is here. Check out the explaination video or changelogs to see the changes!

Have fun guysSmile!
Attached files
Version 3.5.1.rar - 13.1 MB - 47 views
New Update is out now guys Smile Enjoy the new gearbox and the other fixes!
Attached files
Version 4 release.rar - 13.2 MB - 50 views
Hey! New Version 5 is out now! I hope you all have a great Easter Time! It contains many bugfixes and some new features!
PDC (Park Distance Control is also included as a beta! Next update will improve it!)

Guide Video Link: https://youtu.be/G7xLSmdYQoQ
Attached files
PACT Driving Assistant V5.rar - 13.3 MB - 33 views
Little Bugfix V5.2 out now. It also provides a new assistance menu which you can use to activate and deactivate some assistance systems.
Attached files
PACT Driving Assistant V5.2.rar - 15.4 MB - 32 views
Bam ba da da!
The new patch (V7.2) is out now. Some convenience improvements and so on.
PDC got better, warnings got better, visuals look better, but most important, you dont have to wait to start the program until your on track anymore. You can just start it at the same time as lfs Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qxz1qr0vbo7cggh/PACT_Driving_Assistant_V7.2.zip/file

If you have questions, or suggestions, let me know Smile))))
Have fun!
Holy crap, you've made a bunch of changes since last time I tried this.
I think it was v2.

Looks promising, I'll get back to this post later when I've tested it.
Thanks - Will try your program asap. Looks interesting!

BTW: The program reports version 7.5 and not 7.2?! Big grin
Quote from Pasci :Thanks - Will try your program asap. Looks interesting!

BTW: The program reports version 7.5 and not 7.2?! Big grin

Ehm yea, first of all thank you for trying and well yea, my initial plan was to make even more changes and improvements with this version, but with exams and stuff i didnt manage that, so i figured i am just gonna call it V7.2... because its not that much of a difference to V7. Smile But obviously I forgot that i already put the V7.5 string as a start up thingy, whoops Smile
Quote from kristofferandersen :Holy crap, you've made a bunch of changes since last time I tried this.
I think it was v2.

Looks promising, I'll get back to this post later when I've tested it.

Thanks, yea I remember you trying it for the first time back in the day (only one year ago but whatever). Have fun and if you have questions, let me know Smile
-
(Rob2003) DELETED by Rob2003
Quote from Rob2003 :Thanks, yea I remember you trying it for the first time back in the day (only one year ago but whatever). Have fun and if you have questions, let me know Smile

Yea, thankfully we got it working.

The PACT seems to be working alright for me. But i was rolling down the street in like 30 or 40 kmh and did SHIFT+G to change to sequential transmission mode, and i spectated myself. Since i was using the comfort transmission thing you made, it made me spectate. But i guess i shouldn't do that!

I don't have LFS open right now so don't know exactly what it said, but there was a menu that allowed me to toggle on the autobrake thing, to prevent people from slamming into walls. Well i slammed into a bunch of walls.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG