The online racing simulator
The PACT Driving Assistant - DOWNLOAD
SINCE THE PACT DRIVING ASSISTANT ACTUALLY IS AN ADDON, THIS THREAD WILL BE DISCONTINUED. THE NEW THREAD CAN BE FOUND UNDER FORUM -> UNOFFICIAL ADDONS
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102281-The-PACT-Driving-Assistant---Driver-Assistance-Addon

Hey,
The PACT Driving Assistant was made to avoid collisions caused by not paying attention while cruising on TC...

Internal Version 11.9.5
Current Version: 11.9.4 (mouse, keyboard, and wheel supported)
Download (zip), with installation guide: MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTALL GUIDE!
Not all features working perfectly yet:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Byr4onJvHW1MP7zCei0HUgOUG9t5R_Dl?usp=sharing
Videos/Explanations: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBbp3JqEGoq3iNrKcIAOuKw?view_as=subscriber

Video Guide for V11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj8rnD2V3L4

If you have questions, suggestions or trouble installing, hit me up on discord!
Robert M.#6244

Features:
Collision Warning: (working) Audible and visual warning if a possible collision with a car in front is detected. Autonomous emergency braking available for wheel / keyboard and mouse users.

Bus Routes Support: (working partly) Bus Routes on TC City Driving server can be detected and will be more realistic with announcements and other sound effects.

Blind Spot Warning: (working partly) A little warning will be displayed at the side of the screen if a car is in your blindspot, or approaching fast from behind.

Light Assist: (working) While performing a full emergency stop the car will automatically flash the taillights while braking and activate the hazard lights when stationary to alert the following vehicles.

Yield Warning: (working on Aston, Blackwood, soon more) Warnings will be displayed when you are approaching an intersection if you have to give way to other traffic.

Cop Mode: (working partly) The program will not give collision warnings when playing as a cop. The Program will automatically turn on/off the siren if you start/end a chase. The Siren and strobe can also be turned on manually. A tracker displays the suspect's speed as well as

Cross Traffic Warning: (soon) Works Up to 110 kph. A warning will be displayed if a possible collision with crossing traffic is detected.

Head-Up Display: (working) It shows the speed, collision warnings, and current RPM. The head-up display can be turned on or off in the driver assistance menu.

PDC (Park Distance Control): (working) Displays the distance to the cars around and beeps, just like you'd expect a PDC to do! Works best with FZ5 and cars of similar size.

PSC (PACT Stability Control): (not that good yet) Uses the brakes of your vehicle to stop the car from spinning for example when evading something.

Gearbox: (working with FZ5 and some mods) Unlike the Live for Speed gearbox, the car will shift like a “normal” car would in real life. When suddenly flooring the throttle, kick down mode will be engaged and the car immediately shifts down into the gear that can deliver the most power at the current speed. Currently only working with Fz5. If turned on, it "replaces" the sequential gearbox. Auto clutch must be active in settings.

Emergency Stop Assist: (working as beta) If you are not attentive, the car will first give a visual, then an audible warning. If you still don't react, the car will automatically come to a stop. With a supported wheel, and when lanes are detected, the car will try to stay within its lane.

Emergency Stop Assist: (working as beta) When driving supported cars, you can click on the bc icon in the head-up display to view your average or current fuel consumption or your range. Click on the button that displays it to switch modes. Your setting will be stored.

Lane Departure Warning: (working on some tracks) If a road with lane lines is detected (only Westhill and Blackwood, more tracks supported soon), the car will warn you if you are slowly drifting out of the lane. This system might also trigger the Emergency Stop Assist if you do not react. With a later update, a corrective steering input will be applied.
The car will display a green symbol next to the head-up display if lanes are detected.

Later (V12+):
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: If engaged, the car will maintain the set speed. If a car in front is detected, the car will automatically slow down accordingly and accelerate back up to the set speed as soon as possible.

Lane Keeping Assist: The lane-keeping assist can be activated when traveling below 100 kph and on roads with corners having a maximum angle of 25°. The car will try to travel in the middle of the detected lane. This, however, can only be considered an assistant. The car will require you to put your hands onto your controller after 10 seconds if it doesn't detect your presence. The driver remains in control of the vehicle at all times.

Oncoming Traffic Warning: This warning will be issued if the car detects that you are heading towards oncoming traffic on the same street, for example when not paying attention.

Traffic Jam Assist: When traveling behind another car at speed of up to 40 kph, the car will stay in its lane and keep a safe distance. No driver intervention is required. As soon as a higher speed is reached, the system will prompt you to take over within 5 seconds. If you do not react, the car will come to a complete standstill in its lane.

Changelogs:
V11.9.1 -> V11.9.4: (January 2023)
- PDC System Bugfixes
- Fuel consumption and range monitor bug fixes
- New way the collision warning calculates the emergency braking threshold.
- Emergency braking comes to a complete stop now, which it sometimes couldnt do before
- Improvements to the collision warning when the car has no abs
- LFS now doesnt have to be running to start the PDA. It will automatically wait for LFS to start first.

V11.9.1 -> V11.9.2: (December 2022)
- Reimplemented the entire PDC system, now much more accurate
- Fuel consumption and range can now be displayed for supported cars

V11.9 -> V11.9.1: (November 2022)
- Added indicator sounds
- Added new warning sounds
- Many bugfixes
- Added PSC Beta
- New Menu and Settings
- Gearbox working for some other cars
- Added warning distances for several mods
- New .exe logic, now only one file again
- other minor fixes/changes

V11.8.7 -> V11.9:
- Auto-indicators and Auto-Sirens can be turned off separately.
- HUD now includes images for the forward collision warning.
- Rev-bouncer is gone, caused too many issues.

V11.8.6 -> V11.8.7:
- error in bus routes fixed that would only detect one route and then no route again before a restart of the program.

V11.8.5 -> V11.8.6 (May 2022):
- Westhill bus routes
- Westhill yield warnings
- Indicator turn off and light assistance are individual settings now
- Once again new logic for forward collision warning distances, recalibration only needed for weird setups
- known bug, that it send the car name to the console, just ignore that haha
- bus route detection also works with non-ascii characters like Chinese now
- some more bugfixes

V11.8.4 -> V11.8.5:
- EV support (Low Battery instead of low fuel and no anti stall and auto engine start anymore)

V11.8.3 -> V11.8.4:
- Minor bugfixes
- Yield warning on some intersections on Blackwood

V11.8.2 -> V11.8.3:
- "Connection to LFS successful" message only if it actually is successful.
- New script comes with the program now. Put it in LFS->script folder to automatically set /insim 29999 on startup.

V11.8 -> V11.8.2 (April 2022):
- Bus routes error fixed
- Bus routes on Aston, Blackwood, South City, Kyoto are finished now. Fern Bay is almost there, 60% of routes already working.
- Yield warnings on Aston are working now.

V11.7.4 -> V11.8:
- Bus route errors fixed
- New logic for emergency braking distances
- minor other bugfixes

V11.7 -> V11.7.4:
-Fixed cop assistance errors
-Fixed chase tracker issue
-Bus support for fern bay from east station
-many bugfixes

V11.7 -> V11.7.2:
-Error in Lane departure warning fixed.
-known issue with cop tracker found, will be fixed next version

V11.6 -> V11.7 (March 2022):
-Blackwood lane departure warnings
-Bus support (announcements on south city and kyoto)
-Many Bugfixes
-Collision warning distance depending on vehicle (many mods now supported)

V11.5 -> V11.6 (Feb 2022):
-Westhill lane departure warning on western highway, paddock, and some other roads
-Lane departure warning settings early, medium and reduced

V11.3 -> V11.5 (Feb 2022):
-emergency assist working when not paying attention
-PDC buttons should not be in conflict with Lazy buttons anymore.

V11.2 -> V11.3:
-fixed another error in gearbox
-fixed another error in message handling
-preparations for emergency assist
-exe now in a folder, not a single file anymore due to a python 3 bug with the c runtime. A shortcut is in the PACT Driving Assistant folder, so for you nothing really changes, its just in the background.
-port to python 3 finally fully completed
-started to work on a message handling bug, should be fixed in 11.4
-lazy support in 11.4 or 11.6

V11.1 -> V11.2:
-fixed error in gearbox
-fixed error in message handling

V11 -> V11.1:
-port to python 3 finished
-new logic for stall detection/anti-stall and auto-engine start, because of issues caused by pygame with python 3, that would disable force feedback by the wheel.

V10.8 -> V11:
-Changed from Python 2.7 to python 3. Which was overdue. By an insane amout of time. But hey, i made it finally.

V10.5 -> V10.8: (Jan 2022)
-Preparations for semi-autonomous driving support
-Preparation for lane-departure warning
-Settings for Handbrake, Brake, Acceleration, Shift and Ignition Keys.
-Gearbox support when in "sequential" gearbox mode
-Updated Gear indicators on HUD
-Autobrake fix for keyboard
-Preparations for install-guide

V10.4 -> V10.5:
-Wheel support for autobraking
-Mouse and Keyboard support for autobraking
-Error in collision warning fixed, when multiple cars are in front
-Fixed error in player handling from version 10.2

V10.3 -> V10.4:
-Some small things, like auto-hold and auto-engine start for wheel users.
-Mouse and Keyboard are now supported, though, there is no automatic braking for any type of controller yet.

V10.2 -> V10.3:
-Many Bugfixes, settings are saved now

V10.1 -> V10.2: (Nov 2021)
-Program understands whether the car is on track, or the user is in the menu

V10 -> V10.1:
-New OutGauge logic

V9 -> V10:
-Entirely new logic for how the car can perceive the world around itself.
-Entirely new project structure
-Rewrite of most of the program
-A much better structure of the main features

V8.2->V9: (Aug 2020)
-Rewrite of some functions that were using a lot of memory

V8.1->V8.2:
-Mayor Bugfixes
-New Light Assist now with automatic indicator turnoff.
-New Advanced Cop Aid System.

V8->V8.1: (Jan 2020)
-Minor Bugfixes
-New Siren button when playing as a cop. No need for TC Lights anymore Smile.

V7.5->V8:
-New warning distances
-Overhauled cross-traffic warning
-Added Lane Departure Warning
-Added Emergency Stop Assist
-Some changes to wheel support

V7.2->V7.5:
-The preliminary warning will now precondition the brakes for a possible full emergency stop.
-The brakes can be applied autonomously, even when using a wheel as a controller.
-Warning distance when the car in front is braking is now much more accurate.

V7.0->V7.2:
-Visual warnings look much better now
-The warning distance is now even more math, but you gut much less unnecessary warnings
-You can actually start the program together with lfs, you don't have to wait until your on track anymore: The program will restart automatically if the connection to lfs is lost; problem solved Smile

V6.0->V7.0: (Dez 2019)
-Basically everything is a little better now.
-New warnings sounds, that aren't so annoying. (Old ones can still be used)
-New acute blind-spot warning, with a warning sound when you are steering towards a car in your blind spot and a collision is very likely.
-PDC is much better now.

V5.2->V6.0:
-Added a tutorial at first start.
-Literally completely overhauled the collision warning.
-Some settings are now customizable via set.txt file.

V5.0 -> V5.2:
-Fixed an issue with the collision warning in V5.0
-You can now activate and deactivate the assistance systems via an assistance menu.

V4.0 -> V5.0:
-The System needs fewer data to determine if warnings are needed now. It's much more stable.
-Many fixes concerning the collision and cross-traffic warning.
-Beta PDC (Park distance control)

V3.5 -> V4.0:
-Many bugfixes and a more accurate collision warning
-New auto-gearbox with two shifting modes!

V3.2 -> V3.5:
-Added a preliminary warning. This is helpful to optimize your reaction time.
-The program now works much better on low-end PC's, because it needs much less data than before.

V3.1 -> V3.2:
-New Cop Mode, the car will now try to determine whether you are a cop and not give you collision warnings as a cop. All other warnings work as usual.

V2.5 -> V3.1: (Feb 2019)
-The program is now a .exe, not a .py anymore!

V2.4 -> V2.5:
-Fixed an issue with the indicators, causing them to not turn off after the rear-end collision prevention was triggered.
-Minor changes to the warning distance.

V2.3 -> 2.4:
-Fixed issues with the indicators.
-Fixed issues with false warnings for cars on bridges.
-Improvements to the rear end thing were made.
-Added the cross-traffic warning.
-Minor improvements to the blind spot warning were made.

V2 -> V2.3:
-Added the Rear-End Collision Prevention
-The program now considers the heading for the collision warning which means you don't get false warnings for oncoming traffic now anymore.
-Many false warnings caused by considering the false car were being fixed now.

V1 -> V2: (November 2018)
-Added the Blind Spot Warning.
-The program now considers more than one car for the warning
-Mayor improvements too the Collision warning were made.
-Several new warning sounds were added.
Hmmm.

Something appears to be missing…
Isn't it better to use something like Dropbox?
What do you mean by missing? There is a MediaFire link though? Hmmmm
Umm now the link should work, thanks that u made me aware of that <3 O_O
Hey again.

I can't seem to make it work. I followed the instructions and got as far as where i needed to open the program. I have never used or even gotten close to python, so I'm assuming its insim.py that I'm suppose to open?

In the instructions it just says
Now start the Collsion warning program.

Where is that located exactly?

------------

Rob contacted me on discord and sorted out the issue, i was using the wrong python version. He agreed to put a download to the right one in the next update.
After showing me and demonstrating the features, I'm impressed by how well this insim works.
Good job, Rob.

Note: I'm using Python 2.7.15

Edit: Moved to LFS Programming Libs and Tools.
Hello guys!

Since I really try to listen to you when it comes to suggestions here is an update with .exe files... NO difficult installation needed anymore, only thing you still have to do is configure outgauge Smile!

Thanks to Huski for the suggestion. If you have any, let me know!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/21rbubyj8i8bqmj/Version_3.1.zip/file

Have fun with the update!

Spoiler alert:
With the next update there will be an option for cops to turn off the collision warning Smile!

BTW GUYS, IGNORE THE VERSION IT SAYS WHEN STARTING, JUST ME NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHEN TESTING XD!
I wish there was some workaround for autobrake on wheels.

AEB would be an amazing feature on lfs.
Update to Version 3.5!
The new update is here. Check out the explaination video or changelogs to see the changes!

Have fun guysSmile!
Attached files
Version 3.5.1.rar - 13.1 MB - 486 views
New Update is out now guys Smile Enjoy the new gearbox and the other fixes!
Attached files
Version 4 release.rar - 13.2 MB - 455 views
Hey! New Version 5 is out now! I hope you all have a great Easter Time! It contains many bugfixes and some new features!
PDC (Park Distance Control is also included as a beta! Next update will improve it!)

Guide Video Link: https://youtu.be/G7xLSmdYQoQ
Attached files
PACT Driving Assistant V5.rar - 13.3 MB - 371 views
Little Bugfix V5.2 out now. It also provides a new assistance menu which you can use to activate and deactivate some assistance systems.
Attached files
PACT Driving Assistant V5.2.rar - 15.4 MB - 480 views
Bam ba da da!
The new patch (V7.2) is out now. Some convenience improvements and so on.
PDC got better, warnings got better, visuals look better, but most important, you dont have to wait to start the program until your on track anymore. You can just start it at the same time as lfs Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qxz1qr0vbo7cggh/PACT_Driving_Assistant_V7.2.zip/file

If you have questions, or suggestions, let me know Smile))))
Have fun!
Holy crap, you've made a bunch of changes since last time I tried this.
I think it was v2.

Looks promising, I'll get back to this post later when I've tested it.
Thanks - Will try your program asap. Looks interesting!

BTW: The program reports version 7.5 and not 7.2?! Big grin
Quote from Pasci :Thanks - Will try your program asap. Looks interesting!

BTW: The program reports version 7.5 and not 7.2?! Big grin

Ehm yea, first of all thank you for trying and well yea, my initial plan was to make even more changes and improvements with this version, but with exams and stuff i didnt manage that, so i figured i am just gonna call it V7.2... because its not that much of a difference to V7. Smile But obviously I forgot that i already put the V7.5 string as a start up thingy, whoops Smile
Quote from kristofferandersen :Holy crap, you've made a bunch of changes since last time I tried this.
I think it was v2.

Looks promising, I'll get back to this post later when I've tested it.

Thanks, yea I remember you trying it for the first time back in the day (only one year ago but whatever). Have fun and if you have questions, let me know Smile
-
(Rob2003) DELETED by Rob2003
Quote from Rob2003 :Thanks, yea I remember you trying it for the first time back in the day (only one year ago but whatever). Have fun and if you have questions, let me know Smile

Yea, thankfully we got it working.

The PACT seems to be working alright for me. But i was rolling down the street in like 30 or 40 kmh and did SHIFT+G to change to sequential transmission mode, and i spectated myself. Since i was using the comfort transmission thing you made, it made me spectate. But i guess i shouldn't do that!

I don't have LFS open right now so don't know exactly what it said, but there was a menu that allowed me to toggle on the autobrake thing, to prevent people from slamming into walls. Well i slammed into a bunch of walls.
One big feature I'm here to request, is an automatic update feature. That'd just be the best. I don't know the options though for Python programs.
Quote from kristofferandersen :One big feature I'm here to request, is an automatic update feature. That'd just be the best. I don't know the options though for Python programs.

I know that updating the program all the time can be a pain. That's why I was working on that for the last week's, though I didn't manage to finish it in time for this update. From the next update on there will be an automatic update feature thing Smile.

Thanks for your suggestion though, that's always appreciated.

The PACT Driving Assistant - DOWNLOAD
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG