The online racing simulator
Scam: Pilling Motor Group
(15 posts, started )
We have received reports of a scam using the name of Pilling Motor Group.

The scammers have set up fake websites including a fake version of our forum, with fake conversations between non-existent users to try to give an appearance of legitimacy to their fraudulent operation.

I want to make it clear that the fake version of our forum is in no way supported by us.

If you visit a website, they will know your IP address, so I do not think you should visit the website. But for your information, the fake forum is at liveforspeed.uk - a domain that we do not own.

There is a full write up about the scam on this blogspot page:
https://pmgltdscam.blogspot.com/2019/09/dealers-of-car-pilling-motor-group-ltd.html

As far as I can see, this is a scam set up to try to get money from people who think they are buying a car but it will never be delivered. Fake identities and a fake website have been set up, while using the name of a genuine company (a small garage) that actually exists but is in no way involved with this scam.
Attached images
scam_pmg_3.jpg
what a shame !
some people are just ... exhausting ...
#3 - lfsrm
Thanks for warning us, it seems strange why they are aiming for LFS forum, it's not like the most active forum lately.
I don't know why they chose our site as one of the identities to copy. But if you search for Pilling Motor Group in Google or DuckDuckGo, the fake version of our forum and another fake forum do come up in the results.

The main idea of my post isn't really to warn LFS members in particular, but more to make sure there is some information visible on the internet. We already asked their hoster to take down the site (with full description and analysis) but as usual with such requests, we have been ignored.
Quote from Scawen :The main idea of my post isn't really to warn LFS members in particular...

It should be though. Entering your login data on a fake website is certainly nothing that anybody here wants.
Fortunately, that danger doesn't actually exist. The links on the page go to our real site. The scammers aren't trying to take over LFS user accounts. It looks like the only purpose of their fake forums is to produce conversations showing how happy people are with the car they got, and how a return was very easy when they had to send it back because their wife was expecting a different colour, etc.

There's no real reason to think an LFS user would stumble across that site. The three people that have contacted us about it were not LFS users, and only registered to tell us about the scam they came across, by searching for Pilling Motor Group.

EDIT: I don't know why they were searching for PMG in the first place...
Yeah.. Massive amount of fake Facebook pages about this "company" pmgcars.net pmgltd.net are other domains and they tried to be active on auto.bazar.sk but advertisements got removed as far as I can see. (Hard to understand the language). Trustpilot also has an entry for this website since the end of August ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.pmotorgroup.net ).

But they are also active @France, they even respond in French language by mail; https://www.caroom.fr/forum/posts/pmotorgroup-net-pilling-motors-arnaque-351.html
So, i've done a bit of digging into this company, and it seems they operate under different names. One being Pilling motor group and another one i found being Pilling Bodyshop, which comes up on the same google search. Which is apparently a registered land rover repair centre. By the looks of the google reviews, people don't seem to like it either. It does also seem that this has come through generations as a family business and had name changes along the way.

But if you want to look more into it, the company is registered here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00993353/officers and i just find it a bit fishy, almost like Rich Energy.
Wizard you're scaring yourself...

www.liveforspeed.com redirects to www.lfs.net, no problems there lol

On the topic of the fraud, if you know the address, name and details of the person who stole the company's VAT or whatever, you and the legit company could do a police report and it'll probably resolve the matter because the retard used his actual name in registering the scam, acvording to your descriptoon
-
(kristofferandersen) DELETED by kristofferandersen : not needed
Quote from JSHuiting : but how would this József Vass even make a profit from it all?
Does pmgroup act like it sells cars online, but then never delivers them or something? Really confusing. Uhmm

not confusing but I will (auto)-translate the email then;

Quote :
This Peugeot 3008 is still on sale, in excellent condition, does not present a mechanical problem and has not been involved in accidents.

We have all documents available, including the current registration register, maintenance history, certificate of compliance, warranty and a set of 2 keys.

I noticed that you are a new customer and I am therefore willing to tell you a few words about our company and how we operate. You must know that we are a British auction company and not an ordinary car dealership. This means that we do not have a showroom, because we only deal with vehicles taken over (leased vehicles), we store all the vehicles in a few warehouses and sell them online or through live auctions.

The price indicated on the website is the immediate purchase price (8100 EUR), which corresponds to the purchase price before the start of the auction. There is no VAT or additional tax to pay.

If the vehicle is not sold in a few days at the immediate purchase price, it will be auctioned (the auction will take place on September 12 at 9:00 am).

This car was seized by a Belgian owner and is currently stored in the warehouse of our Kraków subsidiary in Poland.

You can view / test and purchase the vehicle directly at our warehouse only if you attend our next live auction.

You can attend and buy a vehicle at the auction only if you are a car dealer or a merchant. We do not approve private buyers for the auction.

As a private buyer, you have the option to buy it before the auction only by paying the Buy Now price (shown on the website) and have the vehicle delivered. In this case, you will benefit from our 5-day return policy. This means that you can check the car after delivery as we will give you 5 days to inspect the car, then decide whether to keep it or not.

We are able to deliver this vehicle with our trailers anywhere in France (shipping costs vary depending on where you are). The cost of delivery in Simiane-Collongue, France is 380 euros.

The car will be delivered by a trailer within 7 days of confirmation of payment.

We will provide a purchase contract that will clearly indicate that the car has no problem, that it has a one-year warranty and that we also have 5 days to return it free of charge.

Let me know if you are interested and I will explain the procedure of purchase and delivery.

The "buy it now" button does not work by the way, so some other scam will happen I guess.. Some transfer request by email probably or phone.

Of course a car never gets delivered.
So that truely is it? You order a car online, and they don't deliver?
And people fall for that? Rofl

I thought it was way more refined, won't surprise me if we'll see a Kassa episode about it soon too. Big grin
I think this post was made just to spread awareness of the scam not to "hire" users for information mining
Quote from neonmateo :I think this post was made just to spread awareness of the scam not to "hire" users for information mining

hmmno..

Quote from Scawen :EDIT: I don't know why they were searching for PMG in the first place...

--
But anyway, things like this;
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117441892968435&id=112533423459282

.sk in this case again, people talking about it, find it very cheap blabla. Although the first comment already suspects scam. If the name of the company is being searched and positive reviews are being found from legit looking websites then people are more likely to fall for it.

Google indexed 1000 similar Facebook posts by the way and most probably is lagging with indexing, expect it to be much more. Strange, thought Facebook limits this kind of spam(/scam).

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG