The online racing simulator
Live for Speed S3 Tyre Deformation Showcase
(8 posts, started )
if only this game actually had kerb sounds. Anyhow, you should be hired for the promo stuff of this game, excelent work
Of course, rather than a canned rumble-strip sound, LFS would need to implement physically-modelled audio based on the tyre surface hitting another surface... ;-)

Did you use extra soft suspension and tyre pressures here to accentuate the effect? :-)
Thank you! And yes, I did. Big grin
Allow me to introduce...

Great video though, shame for the frame blending artifacts (optical flow?) LFS

EDIT: Just noticed the helmet in the LX6, vob mod?
Motion blur did the artifacts plus the converting from 50 fps to 60 fps. Big grin
The helmet mod is not a vob mod. Shrug
Well it's definitely not the default helmet model, but I guess it's OK, since it has no collision models, just a visual model. And it has a different model format ".sre" not ".vob"
very nice video. i like it. are you using a ENB ? it kinda looks like that to me especially on the skies ?

what i noticed about the tires on this video. is somewhat also what i tried to tell devs some time ago by another instance(spoilers on cars)
if you look closely you can see on almost all the cars in the video (if not all)
tires DONT TOUCH THE SURFACE, and theres a tiny little transparent gap in between the tire surface and the tarmac surface. in short. the tires are actually visibly not touching the surface at all.
im not sure if this can be corrected in settings perhaps. but i might be related to FOV in options/graphics. (atleast it seemed to reduce this invisible gap on spoilers when i took the slider down a notch).(could perhaps be if using ENB too, im not sure here).

this is a screenie before the car even move. this is what i mean :

Quote from PeterN :Of course, rather than a canned rumble-strip sound, LFS would need to implement physically-modelled audio based on the tyre surface hitting another surface... ;-)

Did you use extra soft suspension and tyre pressures here to accentuate the effect? :-)

lfs/data/sound
Road
ScrapeHard
ScrabeSoft
SkidDirt
SkidGrass
SkidRoadHeavyMajor
SkidRoadHeavyMinor
SkidRoadHeavyPre
SkidRoadLight
SkidSand

i fully agree more sounds is needed and perhaps even immersive sounds at that.
Dynamic sounds could perhaps be a solution aswell.though that i think is what LFS uses atm.

sound in LFS is Great. but go to KY Oval and drive close to the wall, then you can hear how it halts on some areas(especially from follow cam)(near the finsish line and also t1 going counterclockwise).where the Ky outer ring comes into the oval,there it sort of begins) after that straight you get it once again near t2 towards the second straight) add echo and you sure will notice. drive close,then go a bit out and drive close again. then you hear the actual difference in sound level. which is also why i through i think now 5 years have been asking Devs if there is a limiter on LFS sounds ,as it sounds that way to me, but sadly havent got a reply till this day,which is also reason why i cant really fix any of it as that is a main thing to get to know if making sounds. limiters often go to max then breaks down the sound to a minimum especially on peak decibels.
thats exactly what you hear in lfs.and why im somewhat disapointed devs never answered this.
you also can get that feeling of a limiter on making car sounds (shift+a). Shrug

i didnt check the sounds as such above. but those are the files that adress sounds on surfaces.

but i did make a suggestion in suggestions section about Dolby Atmos and sounds.
some might know im working on ambient sounds for LFS radio player to play while you drive or watch replays. its working and makes it alot more fun to go in LFS,as you can hear various things you pass by like a shop doorbell or a cow moo on a field,airplane passing by etc...
how ever these arent done yet as LFS radio player ,like many other LFS sounds is highly restricted and not always wanting to play those saved. OGG player is very good for video and such, but i think it would be alot better if LFS could use simple Wave files or mp3´s to play. but i see many game developers are using the OGG Format for their games. so i guess its just how it is.
also better crash sounds would be a good idea i think. but thats another story.

about the helmet.
i think i know where you got it from.(not advertising that here though) there is infact several "the Stig" helmets made for LFS by users, so not really necessary to use it , if you did because its a Stig helmet. here is all the stig´s that didnt make the cut Smile

EDIT:
i just noticed all these stig´s have one foot off the ground. so perhaps that is what tires do. not touching the ground at all Big grin
Attached images
531130_302331193201740_1513932962_n.jpg
tires.jpg

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG