The online racing simulator
The oldest game known to man
(12 posts, started )
no it's not monopoly, it's BACKGAMMON, and i've got a question about the odds of rolling certain numbers.

i tried looking online and found various dice odds tables but not what i was looking for and i don't feel like grinding out the odds myself.

what i'm looking for is the odds of rolling certain TOTALS with 2 dice.
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12.

i know 7 is the most likely combination but what is the percentage chance of rolling each total?

speedfreak227
lol backgammon.. havent played that in a looong time, i've forgotten how to play since then.. owell

well about the dice.. well the dice have 6 sides each, and you have 2, so that makes 12 (if you cant add or multiply), so you have a 1:6 ratio for each number basically..
i dont know why you want to know these things but its pretty obvious, that if something has 6 sides.. you have a one in six chances of getting it lol
no it's more complex than that. here's what i mean

to get a total of 2 you can only roll a 1 and a 1
to get a total of 3 you can roll a 1+2 or 2+1
to get a total of 7 you can roll 1+6, 2+5, 3+4, 4+3, 5+2, 6+1

damn, i might as well just grind it out.

speedfreak227
lol either way it doesnt matter, all probabilities orbit around the chaos theory, there is no way you can predict what you will roll
Quote from XCNuse :lol either way it doesnt matter, all probabilities orbit around the chaos theory, there is no way you can predict what you will roll

You can't predect, but if you know the odds, you have more chance of guessing correctly. And winning more molar
No thats not the point, but you can estimate there will be more chance of certain numbers coming up more often than others.
For a single roll of 2 dice, the probability of X and Y coming up (eg: any double) are 1 in 36, as each die can be 1 -6 and there are 2, so 6 X 6 = 36.
7 is the most common number thrown with 2 dice as there are 6 ways of throwing it, so chances of throwing a 7 is 6/36 = 1 in 6.
Good that you got the answerSmile Backgammon is like racing over game board. It's really good game I occasionally play, just for fun. Although I've played many years every now and then, I'm not a good player....I mean if I analyze my game session with GNUbackgammon software, I found that SnowieError rate varies between somewhere -11 and -16, average maybe -14 in cash game (or match) with doubling cube of course. Have you enjoyed this great - in a way - racing game? If not yet, I recommend you should try and roll the dice. Good rolls and tough decisions to everyone!
lol almost 14 years to late GG

Date of post: Sat 29 Oct 2005, 21:00
It's another necrobump. I think we have a winner with this one.
Damn.... I thought it was $*#........

My bad. Thumbs up

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG