The online racing simulator
Test Patch U6: Fixes / VR updates
(88 posts, started , go to first unread)
Much appreciated, thank you Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :That is because there is no code to deal with wind strength. They don't adjust their style to deal with wind. For example if there was a strong tailwind down a straight, they might not brake in time for the corner.

Simple explanation :-) Thanks
I was starting a AI race with 32 cars. Looks like the AIs ignore "Blue Flags"? :-) The last car "blocks" the first one. I don't know if that now happen because of AI behavior changes in the last patch (U) or if that happen already in previous versions?

Hardware question:
Can you already say if hardware requirements (GPU) after the graphics update will change? As far as I understand, the shader version will not change. But are 512 MB of VRAM still sufficient (current specification on the website)? I doubt that currently because that amazing track pictures from the progress report can't be done with only 512 MB VRAM, not?
Attached images
ai-blue-flag.jpg
Quote from Pasci :I was starting a AI race with 32 cars. Looks like the AIs ignore "Blue Flags"? :-) The last car "blocks" the first one. I don't know if that now happen because of AI behavior changes in the last patch (U) or if that happen already in previous versions?

Hardware question:
Can you already say if hardware requirements (GPU) after the graphics update will change? As far as I understand, the shader version will not change. But are 512 MB of VRAM still sufficient (current specification on the website)? I doubt that currently because that amazing track pictures from the progress report can't be done with only 512 MB VRAM, not?

Assuming the tracks are in the same level of detail as rockingham, with 10 AI cars and full graphics settings it used 247 megabytes, so most likely it will be enough the tracks being updated, if the day/night transition gets added i doubt it would take up the remaining 265mb
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Not sure if there's a separate VR test thread, but I tried U6 with Oculus Quest wirelessly using SteamVR emulation (ALVR) and LFS works beautifully, flawless 6 DOF tracking.
Quote from Matrixi :Not sure if there's a separate VR test thread, but I tried U6 with Oculus Quest wirelessly using SteamVR emulation (ALVR) and LFS works beautifully, flawless 6 DOF tracking.

For real? How's the latency?
Thanks for the info. It's always good to hear about LFS working on different VR devices. I'm interested to know how it runs on the Valve Index when that starts shipping - hopefully no fixes will be needed for it.
I have been reading that the index works at 90Hz or 120Hz.I really hope it does 100Hz to sync perfectly with lfs!
Quote from mbutcher :For real? How's the latency?

Wouldn't be able to tell it's wireless from the latency.

Some very minor compression artifacts at 30 Mbps in darker shadow'y areas, also tried 70 Mbps but started to notice slight latency even with H265. 30 Mbps is more than fine for sim racing in any case.

Planning to get a Valve Index at some point, the launch price is bit too steep for my wallet.
Quote from loopingz :I have been reading that the index works at 90Hz or 120Hz.I really hope it does 100Hz to sync perfectly with lfs!

With an experimental mode at 144 Hz ! Big grin
But we don't need it for lfs. 100Hz is the lfs grail.
Quote from loopingz :But we don't need it for lfs. 100Hz is the lfs grail.

For now, maybe the new physics will run at higher frequency and/or have extrapolation
-
(GT4_PL) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Scawen, could ultrawide (21:9) resolution be fixed for certain cameras? Inside and outside is fine but top down, cinematic and shift+U free cameras are all in 16:9

Test Patch U6: Fixes / VR updates
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG