The online racing simulator
No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
I noticed the clouds now also moving Smile
So it was said at the gif "A test" but now after two more videos ...... the whole thing is concrete??!
Shrug Big grin
I'm starting to believe.
<3 LFS
Quote from RC-Maus :I noticed the clouds now also moving Smile

I think it's just the same skybox rotating on itself, not a proper dynamic skybox for now. Wink

Btw Scawen, which approach do you consider for the skybox ? A procedural one (like Project CARS) or blending between real HDRI skybox (like Forza Horizon 4) ? Smile
Yeah. I'm liking this "no progress report" the more I think about it.
Nice job, looks promising
I would really like to see an avi with the in car view with this new lightning shadows and track shaders.
i hope what it is be helpfull :-)
alout light:

1. car headlight must be bright

2. light spot in 2 views
from cocpit for left side driver seat and right side driver seat

from helicopter
Attached images
photo_2019-04-03_16-25-47.jpg
снимок.png
We need lightbar for Safety car and police lightbar.
When you get old enough, you appreciate daylight more and more. I don't really get what cool is to driving in conditions where you don't actually see very well. For example on some Assetto Corsa servers the weather is so awful dark cloudy that is hard to see the track. I just refuse to race on such sessions. Or the opposite, the sun reflects on the road and windscreen so much that you don't see anything. If that is nice, then...eh...gg!

Nevermind, nice that Devs are happy what they are doing Petals
Quote from lucaf :When you get old enough ...

... when driving in dark (night or very overcast day), and cars in opposite direction have their lights on, it can take long seconds for your eyes to adjust from having lights shining in your eyes, to being able to see reasonably well again, made worse if you wear glasses because of glare (even with anti-reflective coatings).

And in recent years, with xenon and led lights that are even brighter than normal bulbs, this problem has got much worse for me. So much so, that I won't drive long distances anymore. Especially to places I don't know my way around.

I realise that if you're on a track, this shouldn't be so much of a problem, as (hopefully) everyone is driving in same direction, and most of the glare will come from your mirrors.
I think what is nice is the lighting changing while you drive, so every time you come round the track it's a little different, with the shine on the road and the changing shadows.

It could lead to changes in track temperature which might change the way you drive, in a long race.

But the logical conclusion of that is that it can end up in the night, so that's really the only reason I've got into this lengthy experiment.

Also it's always bugged me when people did a 24 hour race and it was daytime the whole time. Big grin
Quote from lucaf :When you get old enough, you appreciate daylight more and more. I don't really get what cool is to driving in conditions where you don't actually see very well. For example on some Assetto Corsa servers the weather is so awful dark cloudy that is hard to see the track. I just refuse to race on such sessions. Or the opposite, the sun reflects on the road and windscreen so much that you don't see anything. If that is nice, then...eh...gg!

Nevermind, nice that Devs are happy what they are doing Petals

Actually those points is what I like in those games. Think most off those games just miss the online experience lfs offers. And they miss good insims.

But changing wheaters or time day big thumbs up from me.

@scawen Would be nice to also have different temps road. Thumbs up
yep, night is indeed a great feature even if it is not the most pleasant time to race with Smile . Like rain ... it is not good at all, but it is part of races !
When done, we will be waiting for modern cars with directional lights then Big grin Petals
We need lightbar for Safety car and police lightbar. ++
WOW! it was my dream to see night in LFS, I hope it is not an April fools joke
Don't forget:

The glow of hot brakes.

The glow of the dash board.

The glow of exhaust bursts.

Sparks when a car bottoms out... lol
loving the 24 hr lighting. cant wait for it to be released for use Big grin great work.
That video is very cool, I like that very much. Impressive!
(I like it as well because it says BMW power on the wall..just saying, I love BMW).
Quote from Scawen :I think what is nice is the lighting changing while you drive, so every time you come round the track it's a little different, with the shine on the road and the changing shadows.

It could lead to changes in track temperature which might change the way you drive, in a long race.

But the logical conclusion of that is that it can end up in the night, so that's really the only reason I've got into this lengthy experiment.

Also it's always bugged me when people did a 24 hour race and it was daytime the whole time. Big grin

The changing track temperature is interesting because it does add a decent amount of variance. I've been driving iRacing lately and it's fascinating how an overcast race is different to drive than a sunny race. Even ovals get made more exciting with changing track temps, becuase where T4 may be flat out in the clouds on worn tyres.. if the sun comes out you will lose traction and oversteer.

It's made oval racing quite entertaining, and other forms of driving also a bit more dynamic, rather than "hotlapping with other cars". The variance in lap times is also pretty significant based on weather.
Just FYI: Neither of the videos play for me on an iPhone with iOS 12.1.4, regardless of the browser. I guess it is a codec issue.
Uhhhh..... What about damaged cars? Any thought about cars turning into cyclopses? (only having one working light)
And how would this lighting effect affect the interior views of the cars in the front of the pack? LOL I bet THAT sucks to code.

Never really gave much thought about how the track temp gets affected by sunlight or lack of it. Not in a video game setting that is. That is something that should be taken into account I guess.
Do you have to dive into relative humidity and barometric pressure too? Or would that just be overkill?

You know we got three generations of people playing this damned game over here?
Y'all must be doing something right. That, or we're just too cheap to spring for a new game.
Quote from Racer Y :That, or we're just too cheap to spring for a new game.

Think many guys have tried all other race sims and some never came back to lfs Shrug
Thats why lfs community is smaller these days. More competition in sim racing world.
+ many off my steam friends never heard off LFS.
Quote from RC-Maus :Think many guys have tried all other race sims and some never came back to lfs Shrug
Thats why lfs community is smaller these days. More competition in sim racing world.
+ many off my steam friends never heard off LFS.

I had few years never touch LFS, I come back because I'm building a drift car for myself, & I want to have some practise in sim
This thread is closed

No March progress report
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG