The online racing simulator
We need a solution
(22 posts, started )
We need a solution
Hello, I allow myself to open a new topic, although I know it's been commented before. These days I play mostly in Demo but the situation on licensed servers is similar. I know LFS is not responsible for what's going on in the public servers and that's why I open the thread.

I exclude the new players because they are still learning ... There is another group of people who deliberately enter the simulator to ruin anyway the few nice races we do. It is very difficult to ban them from the server but the next day they are here again, whether in another server or discipline. I'm not going to put replays, but I'll give the example of these two players, which I think we all know.

The first one is - username-juusiii, which only plays to ruin our races, most often hitting the T1.

The second is nickname pWn13, which uses speed and crash mods to beat, hitting everyone around it.
I can give more examples but the post would become infinite.

It does not matter that this is about Demo in this case, it is even worse, because Demo is a kind of presentation of this good simulator. In my opinion, it is not the decision and the everyday ban that we do difficult.
LFS MUST have a built-in rating system for each player and when he reaches the minimum, he may not be able to play on public servers for a given time. (or other limitation)
This rating system could be implemented in 2 ways.

The first and easiest way is to make a voting system on the site. Where any player could vote at the end of the day or race. This will make it very clear who is here to play honestly and who to ruin the games
The second way is the hard one. Write a code in the game itself. This code should track for direct violations such as breaking into the T1 or exiting the runway outline. Depending on the outcome, the rating will increase or decrease.

There are many ways and I think that this problem needs to be solved. Many people simply stop playing LFS because of this problem. Even me today just unplugged my wheel and I took it back into the box, but I said why? Why should I give up because of a group of people who do not know what LFS is?

Please solve the problem. I apologize for the bad English and the rough tone. I'm just very angry at the moment.

Greetings.
I think you mean a global rating system across all servers. That is hard to justify as LFS doesn't just have racing servers - cruise, fun, crash and drift servers exist and it will be hard to generalise a safety rating for every server and to meet each server's requiremwnts.

Now the best method is to remember the person's IP whetehr through your admin program or a piece of paper, and banning whenever that IP reenters the server.

A better solution is a program or LFS coding that could better execute IP bans for a user.
#3 - lucaf
There is already a psychological solution. Dont make crashers happy. Their only aim is to see someone getting mad. They get bored if they dont see any reactions. So just silently vote ban, but dont get mad, or at least dont show it.
open a discord /website /lfs.net envent post .. to share the password to access a private racing server ...
Quote from zevvvs :Hello, I allow myself to open a new topic, although I know it's been commented before. These days I play mostly in Demo but the situation on licensed servers is similar. I know LFS is not responsible for what's going on in the public servers and that's why I open the thread.

I exclude the new players because they are still learning ... There is another group of people who deliberately enter the simulator to ruin anyway the few nice races we do. It is very difficult to ban them from the server but the next day they are here again, whether in another server or discipline. I'm not going to put replays, but I'll give the example of these two players, which I think we all know.

The first one is - username-juusiii, which only plays to ruin our races, most often hitting the T1.

The second is nickname pWn13, which uses speed and crash mods to beat, hitting everyone around it.
I can give more examples but the post would become infinite.

It does not matter that this is about Demo in this case, it is even worse, because Demo is a kind of presentation of this good simulator. In my opinion, it is not the decision and the everyday ban that we do difficult.
LFS MUST have a built-in rating system for each player and when he reaches the minimum, he may not be able to play on public servers for a given time. (or other limitation)
This rating system could be implemented in 2 ways.

The first and easiest way is to make a voting system on the site. Where any player could vote at the end of the day or race. This will make it very clear who is here to play honestly and who to ruin the games
The second way is the hard one. Write a code in the game itself. This code should track for direct violations such as breaking into the T1 or exiting the runway outline. Depending on the outcome, the rating will increase or decrease.

There are many ways and I think that this problem needs to be solved. Many people simply stop playing LFS because of this problem. Even me today just unplugged my wheel and I took it back into the box, but I said why? Why should I give up because of a group of people who do not know what LFS is?

Please solve the problem. I apologize for the bad English and the rough tone. I'm just very angry at the moment.

Greetings.

pWn13 has many accounts that are banned on our server already and guess he has many more, if you contact an admin of the server you are using i can assure you that they will do there best to try and keep such racers off there server. I can speak on behalf of my team MRc and i know the AA(Airattack team) both value the racers that visit the servers and i am sure the same can be said for many who provide servers.

Regarding I.P bans, it is only really part effective if they have a fixed I.P and then a vpn is all that is needed to bypass it, the only real option at the moment is an option that is not fair to new clean racers and that is to use a !ex (experience) lock but as i said the problem is it blocking new fair racers
Think most active admins taking a break.

A busy server just needs an active admin Shrug
#7 - lucaf
btw if I can go a little bit offtopic, anyone knows who administrates Arcadia Blackwood GTi server? I don't find any information about it. I think that server needs some limads.
Reply to - lucaf. Just imagine you have a restaurant. You have many regular customers and want to keep them. What happens when people come and interfere with your work, break chairs and annoy guests? Are we waiting for them to get tired?

Reply to - bishtop. I know this works well for most servers. The question is very complex. Why should I ask these 5-6 server owners in which I play for bans of anyone who destroys a race ...

I'm 100% sure that if you make a rating system these people will be thinking about destroying races and events again. They will know they can stay without LFS access for 1 week, for example.

Here you are right. What to do with new players? It's a very complicated question, but I'm sure there's some solution.

In my view, creating a nice game environment is just as important to the future of this good game as the graphics improvements we are expecting soon.
Server owners are responsible for their servers. As simple as that. If they want regular guests,they have to make sure their servers are well admined. There's no global solution,you can try airio !ex limit,but it has it's downsides as others pointed out.
Quote from Eclipsed :Server owners are responsible for their servers. As simple as that. If they want regular guests,they have to make sure their servers are well admined. There's no global solution,you can try airio !ex limit,but it has it's downsides as others pointed out.

I know this is the way. I just say there is a better way. Other serious simulators did it years ago. Do not get me wrong. I know the current method works but does not imply respect. The Spammers do not care that they will be banned on several servers. Wherever they go, they go to spam.
You could look into making a public server in which you evaluate racers, once they accumulate a solid safety rating they could then be given the ability to join another server (kinda private) but accessible by those the system deem as trusted.

You're right by saying it's a problem, even if you ban a specific player he's still able to create a new account and hop in again. I'd say work with what we have right now and where possible add obstacles to make it difficult for those who wish to ruin the fun.

Also integrating something into the game's code to detect wreckers isn't easy, and could lead to false positives.
I thought a lot about this. The simplest and most effective solution. I thought about the TC cruise and their effectual method. If you think a person is in violation, you can report it. With a certain number of reports, they stop access to the server for a certain amount of time. For example, if 20 people report the same spammer within a few days ... it becomes clear that the person goes online to make trouble.
Old players can see a clear difference between novice and spammer. It can also be forbidden for a player with a new profile to report.
It's just an idea, do not judge me for my thinking friends.
Quote from RC-Maus :Think most active admins taking a break.

A busy server just needs an active admin Shrug

I know on our (MRc) an admin will be online 99% of the time until the server quietens down. No idea where you get the assumption that most active admins are taking a break.

Usually at the very least 2 admins online most of the day but more often 4 +

About the rating system suggestion it would really only be effective for licensed racers who may not want to miss out on a weeks racing but demo users will do what they do now and that is make multiple accounts

One way would be for lfs to require verified email accounts like from gmail or yahoo ect which take some setting up and not accept anonymous emails or temporary email addresses
#14 - jkat
As stated many times in this message chain it is more of a problem in demo servers. Also like Rony said, server owners are responsible how they are managed.

One way to help on this matter would be to assign a password for the server. The password could be shared in server owners forum after registering to it or on dedicated discord channel or some other meaningful way which is not too easy but not too difficult either.

This method would suit of course the best for server hosts, who have multiple servers and could keep one server without password, where racers could find the information how to get password for other servers.
Or if it would be possible to have password assigned to server and same time one joining the server can see the welcome text including information how to get access to it but cannot enter the server, then it would be possible to do for a single server hosts also.

I would do this kind of arrangement if we would still have servers running, maybe some day ... Wave
because lfs in its current state doesnt appear to be any serious, a bit like a historic piece. so why would most even bother - most lfs drift servers have turned from good to toxic, most cruise servers have turned from fun to ego-fest all around and race servers have turned from good to having just cruisers participate on them without having any actual skill
Quote from MousemanLV :because lfs in its current state doesnt appear to be any serious, a bit like a historic piece. so why would most even bother - most lfs drift servers have turned from good to toxic, most cruise servers have turned from fun to ego-fest all around and race servers have turned from good to having just cruisers participate on them without having any actual skill

A full race server is already a win for me in today's scenario here...
All i see are incorrect assumptions regarding demo servers. i guarantee that at least on the MRc demo servers an admin is either online on the FBM server and if someone reports to them an incident it will be checked immediately ? Any problems are ALWAYS checked and dealt with.

The most damaging thing for LFS is constant fabrication of what people assume servers are like while leaving out any actual experience of all servers
I really appreciate what MRc server is. I will say it again, the problem is different. We should not stop creating new servers. If there are servers with bad administration is not a big problem. We need to teach spammers to respect the whole game. If you do not allow access to the whole game for just one day, the effect will be incredible. But this will never happen because we risk losing a few people.
Does anyone remember this? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=8930

There’s nothing stopping the admins of popular servers from sharing information about disruptive drivers. Also, with all of the info available through insim, an auto-moderator could be developed. Servers will have to switch to lapper eventually, so maybe we could start a lapper project with global safety ratings and ability ratings (among participating servers). CTRA with automated administration? Or at least semi automated.

As always, I don’t like asking the devs to implement changes when the community has the tools to do it themselves.

For what it’s worth, I’ve only once seen a crasher on an S2 server, and most demo servers have active admins. Demo gti servers seem to have the most disruptive drivers.
Quote from zevvvs :I really appreciate what MRc server is. I will say it again, the problem is different. We should not stop creating new servers. If there are servers with bad administration is not a big problem. We need to teach spammers to respect the whole game. If you do not allow access to the whole game for just one day, the effect will be incredible. But this will never happen because we risk losing a few people.

I hear you and totally agree, i always try to find what motivates someone to wreck peoples races and servers, Over the last 9-10 years i have noticed the same names over and over again with variations of numbers added coming and crashing on purpose or using tweaks

With some there is no hope and with others i find once helped to learn to race better they then have changed from a destructive attitude to a fair competitive attitude

The biggest problem is the racers who use multiple accounts would not mind if one account was barred from the whole of LFS for a day or more as they would use their other accounts
For myself and you guys we treat the respect for our account names as we do our own names but for others they do not have that type of association
the solution is that there are administrators on the server, if there is no fault, it is simply theirs
Whether in the Demo or in the licenses.
Licenced crashers are more rare in LFS, unlike in other sims. However today witnessed one - dr1ft killer, S2 licence holder joined SRT event just to ruin others driving by going wrong direction and aiming to other cars. (Don't yet know a reason why not list these heroes here on forum)

We need a solution
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG