The online racing simulator
spectator licenses
(10 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
spectator licenses
A license that costs less than S3 but allows you to spectate on any track. Useful for server owner who want to stream the event. Spectator user could have special ability to split screen in two or 4 and spectate simultaneously two or four views. Would be nice feature for live cam streaming. Server owner can decide how many spec profiles allowed. Or maybe fixed one.
I think there are ways to get the same result now, albeit a bit clumsy. You can open multiple instances of LFS. Then play the temp_mpr on each of them set to different views. It needs to be delayed a few seconds, otherwise, it will get the corrupt file message. Also syncing between each views is a pain too.

I managed to get 4 screen running. But with poor sync. I'm sure there are better solutions or insim tools or similar that would make what I done here look totally dumb LooneyRazz
Attached images
lfs multi.JPG
Paying to spectate? Sorry but honestly sounds really dumb, might as well pay for the game and actually play.
#4 - lucaf
Quote from David 96 :Paying to spectate? Sorry but honestly sounds really dumb, might as well pay for the game and actually play.

maybe next time try to understand the point before replying something you think is smart
Alternatively, make spectating free.

This will allow lower licence holders, including demo, to see what they could get if they upgrade, and if good racing, what kind of events they could be involved in.

However!!
Don't give them messaging rights!
Can just imagine load of users just coming on to spam and swear.
Quote from lucaf :A license that costs less than S3 but allows you to spectate on any track.

That suggests that, if you are an S2 user, for example, you'd have to pay something < 12pounds to spectate on Rockingam. And that, imo, sounds silly. Either that, or I don't know what you're trying to convey here.
Anyhow, I agree with sinanju, spectating on any track should be free, in the end, it's like watching something livestreamed.
#7 - lucaf
@redbot_ Thanks! Heart This is interesting one. Still may be challenging to reload new temp.mpr on race start while I am sitting on my pc#1 in the grid waiting for green light Big grin

So what I intented to do, use my second account on pc#2 and spectate+stream my events from there. Or maybe it can be even same pc but second screen.

But still it bothers me that I need to buy a normal license for the streaming account which will never drive a single meter with any car.

Ehh...David, I think you have never hosted a server (+ planned to stream the activity) so maybe just focus on some other thread here, ok?
#8 - lucaf
Quote from redbot_ :
I managed to get 4 screen running. But with poor sync. I'm sure there are better solutions or insim tools or similar that would make what I done here look totally dumb LooneyRazz

Ok i tested this and its nice idea in theory, but as you said, syncing the screens is a pain. Also after race start, it will take a good while until the temp.mpr is readable. No go Frown

So we need the screen split feature for live cams Smile
#9 - gu3st
A idea like HLTV/DOTA TV would be nice. A single client connects and proxies everything to other server(s) which can each support 100+ connections.
Quote from gu3st :A idea like HLTV/DOTA TV would be nice. A single client connects and proxies everything to other server(s) which can each support 100+ connections.

Yeah this. And has to be free, so demo users can get a glimpse of what's available if they do purchase a licence.

Making someone pay for watching races is like Sky currently or F1TV. Great but annoying, and everyone will just stream it from an external site after a while.
-
(gu3st) DELETED by Scawen : meme spam

spectator licenses
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG