The online racing simulator
On nice @neonmateo, forgot those pics. Doesn't look bad at all! But that is an XRT. I quickly went through all cars and following cars are really crying for at least *some* upgrade: UF1, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, UFR, FXR. Still I hope this doesn't sound like asking. Im just thinking what impression the future release will give, if those mentioned interiors remain as they are now.
I remember seeing some community competitions made by developers for iirc default skins for cars.

Why not use the same tactics, for example, for updated car 3D models? Original dimensions, nothing compromising existing car physics - just pure 3D model.

I think that there may be some very talented 3D artists who would gladly help. Textures could be left for devs to apply.
Quote from lucaf :On nice @neonmateo, forgot those pics. Doesn't look bad at all! But that is an XRT. I quickly went through all cars and following cars are really crying for at least *some* upgrade: UF1, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, UFR, FXR. Still I hope this doesn't sound like asking. Im just thinking what impression the future release will give, if those mentioned interiors remain as they are now.

I agree 100%, there are some texture mods out there which look very good (and they are good "placeholders" till cars get officialy udpated). Im pretty sure Scawen said they gonna update cars after the physics update if I recall correctly
This is looking absolutely fantastic!
Quote from lucaf :On nice @neonmateo, forgot those pics. Doesn't look bad at all! But that is an XRT. I quickly went through all cars and following cars are really crying for at least *some* upgrade: UF1, RB4, FXO, LX4, LX6, UFR, FXR. Still I hope this doesn't sound like asking. Im just thinking what impression the future release will give, if those mentioned interiors remain as they are now.

The most shocking are the UF1/UFR interiors. How can a "finished" game have this as main content? An average 3D designer could throw that together in a day or two.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :The most shocking are the UF1/UFR interiors. How can a "finished" game have this as main content? An average 3D designer could throw that together in a day or two.

The UFx has always been the exeption to the cars as it was created by Scawen (IIRC). Generally all non-demo related cars are in need of an upgrade.

But while this is on "the list" of stuff that need's to be done, tracks and physics must be sorted first, so Scawen can stop maintaining two LFS dev versions. Cars are not a requirement for this to happen, therefor it can wait (for the moment). I'm pretty sure the devs are not blind and aware of how the car models look when being compared to the updated tracks.
Yes, you can blame me for the UF, not Eric.
Not blaming anyone. Just after all those years, Eric could have done the interiors. Or is it some kind of a bet? Big grin
Eric does want to update the interiors. It's obviously important. It's not as high a priority as finishing the tracks, because they don't have any particular problems with shadows.

The existing tracks have issues with the new shadow system because some geometry needs to be rebuilt to cast shadows correctly. Basically if they can be viewed properly from above then the shadows cast properly. But some tracks are so old there are buildings without a roof, and single sided geometry that looks wrong in the new system. There's also the new lighting system and the tracks can be improved to take advantage of that, e.g. shine on surfaces.

That means we can't release the new graphics until all the tracks are updated. The cars don't have this problem so they aren't as high priority. It's not a matter of opinion, it's just logic.
can we expect an update for the first cars this Year?
(at this working pace)

Or is it more logical to give them first a physics update?

(sry bad/english....)
Quote from Xenix74 :can we expect an update for the first cars this Year?
(at this working pace)

Or is it more logical to give them first a physics update?

(sry bad/english....)

to continue with logic : if Eric is working on the tracks, he is not working on the cars. Updating physics will be done by Scawen, not Eric. So : physics and interior are not subject to delay each other at first sight.
Well at some point rebuilding the cars should effect the inertial matrix of the cars. It might not be a big deal but still means incompatible version and hotlaps. Nothing is at easy as it seems! Keep up guys!
Quote from Nadeo4441 :The most shocking are the UF1/UFR interiors. How can a "finished" game have this as main content? An average 3D designer could throw that together in a day or two.

I've been critical of the graphics over the years.. but IMO, yes, the car itself needs an overhaul, but assuming it's based on (and certainly looks like it) a classic Austin/Rover Mini.. unless you put a custom dash panel in, there's nothing more than a shelf and either a central speedo (with small temp and fuel gauges) or a 2 or 3 clock system infront of the steering column mounted in what looks like a black plastic shoe box.

Back on-topic for the thread itself.. as far as all of these track graphical updates go.. I think they've come a long way and are pretty impressive Smile

Cheers..

Ian
Quote from loopingz :Well at some point rebuilding the cars should effect the inertial matrix of the cars. It might not be a big deal but still means incompatible version and hotlaps. Nothing is at easy as it seems! Keep up guys!

That is if the visual mesh has any effect at all on the mass distribution of the car. I don't think that's the case because otherwise that would have been listed as a problem with the VOB mods, so far I've only heard about collider box issues.
There simply amazing, it a massive improvement compared too the current graphics, and the current graphics aren't exactly bad.keep it up guys, looking forward too see Kyoto ring, South City and fern bay.
RS4 and C63 are missing in the car list for the moment, but indeed it is very look alike Big grin
Even the traffic sign let suppose we are close to West...
Attached images
West.PNG
Could you 2 wheel from that curb? I see there is though little step before white "rampy" circular thing...

EDIT: Of course you can, if nothing else... just drive towards of it with left side or right side car lol.
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :but i think it really does look alot like the Westhill roundabout.
i couldnt help to wonder if all look like this in UK? idk.

Not all of them (there's a huge variety), but that style of kerb with the direction shown in the colours of the bricks is quite common.

Have you seen the magic roundabout? Smile
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :
(i sneak peeked at your YT channel UM) Wink
i didnt notice at all you bumped walls on a oval. not at all Big grin
did you ever find out how it was possible the car stopped on 2 wheels?

- lol... there is nothing much at all... Oh well.
mmmm... oval!
Yes I certainly did! I believe physics has slight error on calculations. Standing under 90 degree 2wheel standing... it should had flipped over, but probably FE6 track with specific settings and area spot caused to have something like that... It may be also knobbly tires has some miscalculations.
It looks amazing how things are going so far and I want to know how the tire update is going?Big grin

Graphics Progress Report: Westhill
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG