The online racing simulator
Where's all the Racing.....
(75 posts, started )
Old Skool player of LFS... What's happened & what is all this Cruise shite.. ?? Racing game as far as I remember...yet full off Cruise servers..
I still here ^_^
participate in the South American League that this year will be good!
Sorry hmmm lately mostly in wreckfest but tonight i was chatting in lfs with my buddies.
#4 - OTone
As far as the competitive league community goes, it has been gone for years already.

Although it has been receiving really nice updates, the pace of those updates and new content being released have been painfully slow.

They released 1 single track for more than 10 years. No new cars for more than a decade.
It's very sad because racing here used to be insanely good and very competitive, lots of fun. But eventually other sims stepped up their game and teams/players gradually migrated to them.

As the simracing scene grew up a lot over the last few years LFS barely changed, stagnant I should say.
So doesn't surprise me you're seeing the cruise servers being the only ones being full 90% of the time and rarely having a public racing server being full, let alone multiple ones like it used to be.

I used to have some hope about LFS coming back again as one of the main racing simulators were you can compete but I highly (highly) doubt it at this point.
#5 - lucaf
While I don't do cruise/drifting I am thinking they may have been the thing that has kept LFS alive these years. At least there is a reason people still buy LFS licenses, giving feeling to Devs that this is worth to developing. And in multiplayer there is always someone hanging around. So LFS is not dead, as we can see, many racers are constantly polling the forum, some of them are waiting for interesting races at cruise servers etc.

If you look at some other sims that are more modern than LFS, the multiplayer is no more populated - Raceroom, Automobilista, even rFactor2 multiplayer which seems alive but when you join the servers you realize all the "people" there are AI cars.

I really hope Devs give us a surprise and include in the graphics release also new car interiors.

Meanwhile lets enjoy the racing leagues that are still alive in LFS. There are some very good...lets say for an example, that Fragmaster's leagues collect weekly grids of 30-40 cars.
Quote from OTone :As far as the competitive league community goes, it has been gone for years already.

Although it has been receiving really nice updates, the pace of those updates and new content being released have been painfully slow.

They released 1 single track for more than 10 years. No new cars for more than a decade.
It's very sad because racing here used to be insanely good and very competitive, lots of fun. But eventually other sims stepped up their game and teams/players gradually migrated to them.

As the simracing scene grew up a lot over the last few years LFS barely changed, stagnant I should say.
So doesn't surprise me you're seeing the cruise servers being the only ones being full 90% of the time and rarely having a public racing server being full, let alone multiple ones like it used to be.

I used to have some hope about LFS coming back again as one of the main racing simulators were you can compete but I highly (highly) doubt it at this point.

At least there are events that are back developing in LiveForSpeed, even though not being what it was is at least a beginning of something, now with new updates I believe that maybe I can call little more.
Now it is necessary for LFS developers to keep LiveForSpeed more active after this upgrade and to bet more on competition practice.
For example because there is no official competition as it does in some Simulators?
Do not bet a little more on the S3 and more on the demo (because it is the first image of LFS want to is not demo it is there that we will have our first experience on simulator) and have more cars unlocked without being 3 (creating more cars and tracks for LFS Tongue)

After the work is done just keep it and update whenever I'm sure that LiveForSpeed was reborn in SimRacing again and again.
#7 - lfsrm
I think the best thing to do after finishing the graphics and physics updates is to add some esport and social shit, like adding external spectating mode and some integrated streaming api, improved chat with emots or gif... at least those network gimmicks will be a piece of cake for scawen.
Tbh I am not into those heavy social trends, but if it can bring some life into our favorite sim, I say why not !
Quote from lucaf :While I don't do cruise/drifting I am thinking they may have been the thing that has kept LFS alive these years. At least there is a reason people still buy LFS licenses, giving feeling to Devs that this is worth to developing. And in multiplayer there is always someone hanging around. So LFS is not dead, as we can see, many racers are constantly polling the forum, some of them are waiting for interesting races at cruise servers etc.

If you look at some other sims that are more modern than LFS, the multiplayer is no more populated - Raceroom, Automobilista, even rFactor2 multiplayer which seems alive but when you join the servers you realize all the "people" there are AI cars.

I really hope Devs give us a surprise and include in the graphics release also new car interiors.

Meanwhile lets enjoy the racing leagues that are still alive in LFS. There are some very good...lets say for an example, that Fragmaster's leagues collect weekly grids of 30-40 cars.

Of course LFS is not dead, but how can you describe a game that has 8 people online racing (at least in my timezone) when years ago I could go into any well know server and race against 15-20 guys.
Right now even if all the people that go racing online went to a single server you could not fill that server up.

It's sad.
#9 - Racon
Quote from RC-Maus :Sorry hmmm lately mostly in wreckfest but tonight i was chatting in lfs with my buddies.

Wreckfest but not LFS Bangers? :shockedpikachu:
Quote from chanoman315 :Of course LFS is not dead, but how can you describe a game that has 8 people online racing (at least in my timezone) when years ago I could go into any well know server and race against 15-20 guys.
Right now even if all the people that go racing online went to a single server you could not fill that server up.

It's sad.

Yeah.... That.
The US/Canada/Mexico bunch always was a small one. Now it's pretty much non-existent. If you live on our side of things and are an insomniac, you might find a couple of people in a cruise server, but that's about it.
I dunno. For me? I pretty much gave up on multi-player. LFS as a game is more like a time killer. Kinda like solitaire and that stupid tile game, but cooler. I also don't really play video games much anymore. This getting old thing sucks that way.
Yeah, I miss back in the day when the cars had tinted windows, everything looked like a surreal cartoon and you could casually race and stop racing pretty much whenever you wanted.

Good hearing from you chanoman
Quote from chanoman315 :Of course LFS is not dead, but how can you describe a game that has 8 people online racing (at least in my timezone) when years ago I could go into any well know server and race against 15-20 guys.

It's sad.

Demo servers fill up pretty quickly if an admins present and there is clean fair racing, daily can be racing on a full server. If i compare lfs online to pcars online or pcars 2 online which are much newer games/sims id say they is either no difference or very little difference in numbers that play online most of the time and if you include the cruise/drift servers then LFS probably has more online

Demo racing as we know can be a disaster if allowed to be but we do try to have admins online as much as possible on the MRc servers and i know the AA servers also do there best to keep there servers clean.

The reason i am mentioning demo to you is it is easy to come to the conclusion of low numbers if only looking at licensed servers but the majority of the time demo can be a lot more active

LFS does need to make some advertising campaign to get itself noticed more, in 2010 i had only found LFS by chance and had not heard of it before, I mention LFS to others on A.C and the majority have not heard of liveforspeed and after they have look they love it and the chance to try before buying a license is a bonus and they see that as confidence that once you have tried it you will buy if its within your means

Bish
I don't get the complaints about cruise servers because they have been around for a very long time. Honestly I haven't played in years, apart from to make a couple of autocross layouts and do some drifting. What I will say is it still drives very nicely. Good physics don't get worse over time! Maybe I'll pick LFS up again at some point, who knows Smile But for now, if drift and cruise servers are helping make the devs money then that's great.
At times it looks like all the racers are present, but instead of joining the track, they hang on the forum asking where everybody is
Quote from lucaf :At times it looks like all the racers are present, but instead of joining the track, they hang on the forum asking where everybody is

It's interesting to see if things are still active by checking the website but it's another thing purposely setting up your rig to jump on a track on servers that have 2 people lapping 15s off WR. I would love to go back to the old days of GTR @ AS3 [CD] Server and race out my skin but it's never happening and never will.
Well,it has turned to be difficult for those who just want casually jump into some racing,but events are still going strong - best way to find competition at specific times,just check schedule,pick what's interesting and join. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea...
Other option - organize some public racing meetings at specific time,let's say at specific week day. People might catch on a habbit,sometimes even join in other days. From nothing comes nothing,someone has to do something,despite many blaming devs for slow progress or something,but they won't fill the servers - it's the users who will do that. Old days are old days,new days won't come from complaining.
Quote from xtraction :It's interesting to see if things are still active by checking the website but it's another thing purposely setting up your rig to jump on a track on servers that have 2 people lapping 15s off WR. I would love to go back to the old days of GTR @ AS3 [CD] Server and race out my skin but it's never happening and never will.

Yep I also miss the good old days, where u could choose between many servers with sprint races Shrug

Now all activity went to leagues.
Quote from xtraction : I would love to go back to the old days of GTR @ AS3 [CD] Server and race out my skin but it's never happening and never will.

Quote from RC-Maus :Yep I also miss the good old days, where u could choose between many servers with sprint races Shrug

The killer feature of LFS at it's height was undoubtedly servers like CTRA, etc. where there was a progression system, across multiple classes and servers with easy to pick up races. One off races before these types of server networks didn't keep me as interested and I never played as much before or after.

I'm now a proper adult - I own a house (which I bought as a wreck and I've been working on), I have a full time (and then some) job, I have a new extended family that I never had before, and a whole load of other stuff (gym, etc). My gaming sessions are now whenever I can get them in; leagues dont work for me, and I dont like pick up races because it feels like I'm just not doing anything. So I play stuff like BF where I can trick my brain into thinking because my XP is going up I'm not completely wasting time. Cruise servers I just dont get. If I wanted to sit in traffic I'd jump in my real car.

I've wanted to setup a kinda SaaS for a while to allow server ops to join their servers into an adhoc network via the InSim Relay to provide this experience so its not just relying on a single group. Just never got around to it, and now honestly I dont even know if the audience is really there.
I just hope audience will be back after next update Shrug

For me leagues killed the fun, as i find it boring to practise 1 combo whole week for a single event.

And hardly nobody does casual sprint races anymore. When I go online just a view visit and I got tired off that fact.

It is as it is these days.
Quote from RC-Maus :i find it boring to practise 1 combo whole week for a single event.

Me too,that's why I race many events completely without practice,more important events with some minor practice which includes setting up the car and getting the feel for the car/track - rest is relying on my supreme talent. Big grin And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one,so I don't see no reason to join without practice,unless you're someone who doesn't race without having 50%+ chance for win.
10 minutes time to join a nice GTR race, not need to join any "league"
Quote from RC-Maus :I just hope audience will be back after next update Shrug

For me leagues killed the fun, as i find it boring to practise 1 combo whole week for a single event.

And hardly nobody does casual sprint races anymore. When I go online just a view visit and I got tired off that fact.

It is as it is these days.

What happened to b2r server? Before last summer atleast it was very active and everybody was there rather than in fm gti training same combo.
Quote from Pfonter :What happened to b2r server? Before last summer atleast it was very active and everybody was there rather than in fm gti training same combo.

FM league started Wink many went FM and many guys left.
Quote from lucaf :10 minutes time to join a nice GTR race, not need to join any "league"

Just one race? I want whole evening races Frown
Quote from RC-Maus :FM league started Wink many went FM and many guys left.

No FM league was running at the same times but B2r was stacked almost every evening.
Tbh im kinda sick of this gti stuff when are ppl grow some balls and drive something else.

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG