The online racing simulator
Blowing out tyres on KY National
Can anyone give some advice on either setup or driving style to help me stop blowing tyres on this track!! I find it very hard to get under 1:45 and getting there regularly leads to popped front lefts....what can i do? am i breaking to hard? But how can I go fast with out late breaking into those right hand corners???? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Ian
what car were you driving? and how many laps until the tyre was popped?
Are you locking the brakes? Fix that!
"tweaky tweak" the brake balance and brake power so that you can brake without locking up.
Sounds like you're braking too hard and locking up the wheels, causing the tires to flatspot. This generates lots of heat and wear on one particular spot on the tire and is generally the single cause of premature blowouts. You could try easing off the brake pedal a bit. Another thing to try is reduce the brake pressure and change the brake balance in the garage. Be aware that the brake balance is extremely sensitive and a single percent forward or back can have a major effect on the car's balance under braking.
my tires used to blow on the same corner on the same lap of every race at AS national, but now i brake sooner, use less engine braking, and take a bit more control into the corner to avoid tire squealing
put negative camber/toe on your car and follow the racing line
Quote from JohnT2005 :put negative camber/toe on your car and follow the racing line

Depends what he is driving; on a RWD vehicle toe mostly affects straight-line stability, although adusting it outwards can help mitigate oversteering problems. On a FWD vehicle it's more complicated - toe-in can help with oversteer problems, while toe-out can help mitigate understeering.

Too much camber and toe-in together will make the tyres want to roll inward towards one another, and you are then dragging your tyres creating even more wear. It will also quickly heat up and wear on the inside edge of the tyre instead of evenly across the whole tread. Combined with a higher castor angle, it works on drift cars when counter-steering, but it's not so useful on a race car.

Back on topic: as RWDs don't shred tyres unless you are drifting every corner, I'm assuming you are driving a FWD vehicle? In which case it sounds like you may be scrubbing your tyres trying to get through corners as fast as possible. Try braking a touch earlier, keep the car as flat and stable as possible in the corner and accelerate smoothly out rather than mashing the pedal and losing traction. Done right, you will actually be faster too.
#8 - gu3st
Holy crap a bump of a 13 year old thread...
I really need to check dates before replying... Taped Shut
i just found this one by pressing on a completely random page
It happens sometimes. Now, what would be pretty neat, is that we get an answer about if OP managed successfully to achieve and overcome certain... ehh... problems.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :It happens sometimes. Now, what would be pretty neat, is that we get an answer about if OP managed successfully to achieve and overcome certain... ehh... problems.

Sat 8 Oct 2005, 15:59

I doubt we see that.
Quote from klbbadd2002 :Last online :
Sat 8 Oct 2005, 15:59

I doubt we see that.

That's why it would be pretty... having a moment which unlikely happens, in a good ways.
Smile
This thread shows that Live for Speed is timeless. Smile
yikes!

Blowing out tyres on KY National
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG