The online racing simulator
Lock To Horizon
(5 posts, started )
Lock To Horizon
I could not find a LTH setting, I drive in VR and this is very important to VR driver.
Please don't bother answering if you are not a VR driver or just to say you don't need LTH.

The VR in LFS is quite superb, great FPS, the real mirrors are outstanding, the new shader are very nice, all that is missing now is LTH.

Is there a workaround?
Do you mean something along the lines of the following video?

I don't understand why you want your view locked to the horizon?

In a car (or other similar vehicle, like an airplane), your body's rotational reference frame is locked to the car, meaning your body rotates with and is locked to the vehicle, not the outside world. You move with the vehicle and the outside world rotates around you and the vehicle.

Locking your rotational reference frame to the outside world means the car rotates around you. It means if you roll upside down, your view is still rightside up, as if your butt is on ceiling, which is super weird, IMO.
Quote from Cote Dazur :I could not find a LTH setting, I drive in VR and this is very important to VR driver.
Please don't bother answering if you are not a VR driver or just to say you don't need LTH.

The VR in LFS is quite superb, great FPS, the real mirrors are outstanding, the new shader are very nice, all that is missing now is LTH.

Is there a workaround?

I'm a VR driver and I'm pretty sure LTH would make me quite ill. Forbin is right, your frame of reference should be locked to the car, not the outside world and so such a feature is not needed, or even wanted in my case.
I also miss the LTH in LFS. Works very well in AC.
@Forbin, yep, you're right; when upside down it is not ideal, but the other 99.9% of the time when driving the car, it suits many brains to have a LTH (does not take away from immersion, it adds more natural feeling).
@mbutcher, yep, it works fine with many brains out there, but others prefer the oposite. Can not understand why you would not want it as an option since it would add more people for you to race with Wink

Lock To Horizon
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG