The online racing simulator
Some Features We Need
(10 posts, started )
Some Features We Need
I know you've heard this first request a gazillion times, but...

FREE ROAM! I know, I know, you've heard it several times already. I know the pinned thread shows this request as a commonly asked thing, but just bear with me here. We seriously need this type of feature in LFS. Westhill doesn't count, it's not exactly a free roam map, just more of a racetrack with some extra roads here and there. Not to mention it gets boring after a bit. We need like a PROPER free roam map, like South City in it's free roam form (not talking about the South City open-layout, I mean a separate normal variant of South-City that isn't like "track-ified"). I know it's a racing simulator and not a free roam simulator, but come on, we all want it, we all anticipate it, it's something that'd make this game great. If not then at least add map support. But think about it, like seriously. We've got a ton of LFS servers that are cruise-oriented, like TC City Driving.

Another thing we need are some animations for gear shifting and such. I know it's a simple little feature that we don't need, but I'm a sucker for games that pull it off. It just feels right in a way.

A major thing we need is PROPER MOD SUPPORT. I know we have car mods and stuff, but that stuff just straight-up replaces existing cars. We need a way to have add-on cars instead, so we can, I don't know, have a Supra as a separate car instead of a replacement for something like the XRT. We also need map mods, like, FULL-ON map mods. I'd love to see people port Initial D maps or something into the game, also as add-on maps and not replacement maps. If we can't have proper free roam in LFS then someone could at least make a custom free roam map. For car and map support, at least make it for S2/S3 users so demo users and maybe even S1 users can't just have everything at their fingertips if you understand what I mean here.

AND NO, I DON'T FEEL LIKE PLAYING ASSETTO CORSA OR PROJECT CARS. We finished, here? Good.

I guarantee you'll end up talking about how the free roam part isn't probable... but come on, guys...

ANOTHER QUICK THING
Where was this picture taken? I found it on the website on the page where you can purchase a license.
Attached images
Screenshot_1.png
#2 - lucaf
Quote from mrwallace888 :
Where was this picture taken? I found it on the website on the page where you can purchase a license.

Fern Bay Green, just drive half of the lap and you are there.
I am afraid to say, that those suggestions are what we everybody know already about. Ain't gonna happen now or soon, but not impossible either.

Free Roaming with random point-to-point racing in open world is quite fun. Or even Car Navigation! Technically it isn't racing, but sport anyway. Actually, with layout, you can also make platform puzzling, going for with not-so-racing-skills required, but more like accuracy.

Again, it is not related for racing... but we have cruising tho.

Just let's stop suggest these due we all know about these, with reasons and things. It is already proven to be a fact that devs do their things on their own way, and we shall respect of it, or go away and make your own product. Smile Sure, you can always suggest some! Just go for something new Smile
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I am afraid to say, that those suggestions are what we everybody know already about. Ain't gonna happen now or soon, but not impossible either.

Free Roaming with random point-to-point racing in open world is quite fun. Or even Car Navigation! Technically it isn't racing, but sport anyway. Actually, with layout, you can also make platform puzzling, going for with not-so-racing-skills required, but more like accuracy.

Again, it is not related for racing... but we have cruising tho.

Just let's stop suggest these due we all know about these, with reasons and things. It is already proven to be a fact that devs do their things on their own way, and we shall respect of it, or go away and make your own product. Smile Sure, you can always suggest some! Just go for something new Smile

You're not wrong. If none of the other things I REALLY want there to be proper car and track support. I'd love to see the Nordschliefe in LFS, and doing it in a McLaren 570s (Not a car replacement).
I see your point for sure! And I give +1 for it...

..but isn't that a bit too mainstream? I like to somehow see fictional cars and tracks too.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I see your point for sure! And I give +1 for it...

..but isn't that a bit too mainstream? I like to somehow see fictional cars and tracks too.

You get the idea. My point is obviously that I want there to be add-on content from mod-makers. I'm not saying it has to be real stuff, of course. Fictional stuff would be just as great. Which reminds me, something I feel LFS needs is car badging on their vehicles. Like, maybe fictional car companies? Maybe the option to take them off if you have a custom skin (like a Honda skin for the XRT)?
On the subject of mod support, I oppose it strongly. Mainly because allowing mod support blows the seal of quality out the window. I don't want a bunch of kids who don't know what they're doing to produce the content for LFS. Maybe that's one of the reasons why you don't want to play assetto corsa as you say? It's a prime example of why mod support in a realism focused game is a terrible idea.

Also on free-roam. I don't agree on that either. I think it's a common misconception that bigger maps are always better. What will happen? Well even the most packed cruise server will struggle to keep the car density up, and the player to player interaction will be ever decreasing.

Plus not only did we recently get Westhill (I don't care if you don't like it) but also BL1 which has a big industrial district with loads of intersections and stuff for cruising.

Although I welcome this more than mod support. It could be cool with something similar to chernarus in Arma2 to drive on.

But what I would rather see is a bigger variety in smaller maps. For example a twisty mountain road, a smaller size race track and maybe an airstrip

And with all that said, nothing of the above is gonna happen to LFS for a long while as currently the devs are busy with the graphics update, physics update, track updates and after that supposedly car updates.
Quote from pärtan :Maybe that's one of the reasons why you don't want to play assetto corsa as you say? It's a prime example of why mod support in a realism focused game is a terrible idea.

Actually I'm just that not a big fan of Assetto Corsa in general. My computer can just barely run it. And it's annoying how half the cars in the game are locked off after purchasing the game (well then again LFS has the licenses, but still, if you buy S3 you get it all. Assetto Corsa's full expansion is expensive.). Also who said mods would ruin the game? You never truly know. People can work hard for stuff and get great results. If it doesn't come out okay, then so be it, at least they tried to get it working. I really enjoy LFS because it kinda has that sort of "charm" to it if you know what I mean. Other games can't even come close to this game's charm. At least in my eyes, anyways, which is why I'm suggesting stuff to make this game's charm even stronger.
Quote from mrwallace888 :Also who said mods would ruin the game? You never truly know. People can work hard for stuff and get great results. If it doesn't come out okay, then so be it, at least they tried to get it working. I really enjoy LFS because it kinda has that sort of "charm" to it if you know what I mean. Other games can't even come close to this game's charm. At least in my eyes, anyways, which is why I'm suggesting stuff to make this game's charm even stronger.

People *can* work hard and get great results yes. A very select few, and with that comes an ocean of bad mods which will sadly also take up room in teh game, just like they do in AC. The majority of mods for AC feels terrible to drive because most people have no clue what they are doing. And if the game is going to revolve around a bunch of crappy mods, then yes that will surely ruin the game.

And this "charm" you're talking about, I know what you mean. What you're feeling is a sense of both realism and integrity. So don't suggest removing this integrity because it will remove the charm of the game.
What you are basically saying is; you don't like AC or GTA or R-factor, but you'd like it if LFS was more like those games?

Adding everything you have requested here will simply reduce LFS to the same slow, bloated, resource-hungry pigs that games like AC and R-factor have become.

Not keen.

Some Features We Need
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG