The online racing simulator
Graphics Progress Report: Rockingham
(111 posts, closed, started )
Hello Racers,

In the August progress report we talked about the new shadows and lighting system and showed pictures of the updates on the Blackwood track.

This month you can see some screenshots of the Rockingham track, including real vs virtual comparisons, and a few pictures of shadows working with moving objects and the layout editor.

Read the whole report on the Graphics Progress Report: Rockingham page.

- LFS Developers
#2 - Sobis
Shiny! Thank you for the report!
#3 - lfsrm
Impressive comparisons pictures ! thanks devs!
hrmmhmmm
very great Big grin Thumbs up
Seems the real Rockingham is not having the sausage kerbs nor sometimes the green area to save your ass. What is the reason to add them ? avoid cutting (sausage Smile : pic 2 ) ? was it too "race killing" without the green area : pic 6 (but it makes you going quicker) ?
Quote from Flotch :very great Big grin Thumbs up
Seems the real Rockingham is not having the sausage kerbs nor sometimes the green area to save your ass. What is the reason to add them ? avoid cutting (sausage Smile : pic 2 ) ? was it too "race killing" without the green area : pic 6 (but it makes you going quicker) ?

The real life pictures are probably taken at a different time from the scan, i'm sure the curbs and the extra green stuff was there when Rockingham was scanned for LFS
Quote from Scawen :I think the sausage kerbs were added after our first visit to Rockingham and the laser scanning.
https://youtu.be/hP9tIAsMBKQ?t=828

Ok, thanks.
Interesting video btw.
When it reaches the output of Gracelands corner, he says like "in uk rule we should not go into the green section" (after 21min20s)... It could be an hotlapping rule ... Ya right
It looks beautiful, thank you! Heart
Nice job! This grass.. these plants and earth looks so amazing! But imao now asphalt looks too clean. And for the curb too glare i think, it just how i see.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :Nice job! This grass.. these plants and earth looks so amazing! But imao now asphalt looks too clean. And for the curb too glare i think, it just how i see.

Hmm, the plants and earth really look amazing in the real photo Smile and the tarmac seems cleaner in the real photo, than in LFS.

Strangely the kerb glare in LFS looks more realistic than the real thing! Face -> palm
Nice old vs new comparisons Smile
Nice comparisons again Mo. Stunning work Scawen and Eric, can't wait for what October has to show.
Thanks @Degats Thumbs up
It is so much better !! GJ !!!

edit : the shadows in the T1 of Blackwood are just so nice onto the last pic Smile
Can't wait to see this for real on my computer
That looks amazing!
If it wasnt for the grass i would still be guessing which one is real and which one is not.
Looks Good.
Looks amazing guys. The very last one is my favourite.
Looks awesome.
Well damn too long update, i gonna become Grandpa..
Great stuff. Can't wait shoots from South City <33333
Now the cars looks off Shrug
Will they be updated at some point?
I keep getting that question.

It somehow seems a bit of an annoying question, because it is quite obvious that many of the cars need to be updated (have a look at the RB4 for the most extreme example) but we are on the tracks at the moment. There is only one Eric. He does one thing and then another. Not both at the same time. It is obvious that he would not have failed to notice that the cars and drivers could do with an update.

What I do keep saying, every time I get this question, is that the tracks MUST be updated before we can do a release of the new graphical system, because with the new system, the graphics and shadows are broken unless the tracks are updated. So if we released now, you would have a game full of bugs. But the cars are no worse than they were before. Therefore they do not stop us doing a release.

This means, the cars have a lower priority than the tracks. There is no reason to delay the release by several more months in order to update all the cars. It is a separate subject, though it is quite obvious that they need an update.
Yes! After the physics & graphics updates.

EDIT: posted at the ~same time Big grin
Quote from lucaf :Great stuff. Can't wait shoots from South City <33333

try to imagine Fern Bay ...
Petals
This thread is closed

(111 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG