The online racing simulator
Archive of old versions of Live for Speed
Hello,

During this summer a fellow racer asked me for old versions of LFS, supposedly to be able to watch old replays.

Rather than providing him with the files he asked for, I figured I might as well make my archive available to the LFS community. Perhaps the files may come to actual use for some, or maybe you just like to hoard stuff like me. Smile

Anyway, feel free to mirror the archive (actually, I encourage you to!), and let me know if there are any specific versions that you're missing and would be able to provide. I also have a fair amount of test patches but I decided to exclude them for a more manageable list.

Here's the link: [REMOVED] I botched that archive, sorry.

Have fun,

Thomas

(PS, I've been in touch with Scawen and he does not mind making these old versions available).
#2 - BeNoM
Awesome archive, thank you.
Impressive!
Just downloaded the very first version of lfs... Going to test it out lmao, also if i can i will host one server, to check out how the things were going
EDIT: I see now the Master Server has IP address
Nice collection Thomas. I may have the odd version you're missing:
• 0.1N (only a couple of days newer than 0.1K you have, seems mislabelled?)
• the leaked 0.5F (didn't that get re-released officially? edit: here. edit again: I see it's in your list, missed it due to sorting by date rather than version number).
Quote from Bob Smith :Nice collection Thomas. I may have the odd version you're missing:
• 0.1N (only a couple of days newer than 0.1K you have, seems mislabelled?)
• the leaked 0.5F (didn't that get re-released officially? edit: here. edit again: I see it's in your list, missed it due to sorting by date rather than version number).

Hey Ben! (Miss you o/)

The dates in the table are (as you probably already guessed) simply the mtime of LFS.exe as it appears in the archive, which may or may not correspond with the "release date" or whatever. The version number is scraped from strings within the .exe:

FILE_BINARY_VERSION=$(pcregrep --buffer-size 1M -o "\x00(LFS S|Live for Speed).*(?=\x20(\xa9|\x7f).*Scawen Roberts)" ${TEMP_DIR}/LFS.exe)

(The syntax changed a bit between versions, hence the capture groups).

Bring on 0.1N and I'll compare it with 0.1K and we'll see what's what.

Edit: Also, there's an "undocumented" feature to sort the table by any column. Just click the table header.
-
(racer autov8) DELETED by racer autov8
I was 2 years too late... GODDAMN IT
#9 - Gunn
Whatever happened to lfs-museum? The site is down Frown

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG