Using Phone as steering wheel
(10 posts, started )
So couple months ago i discovered app called monect (android) which allowed me to use my phone as a wheel
and with like 2 hours of setting it up i managed to get really good lap times and drifting
wasn't that hard and surprisingly there was no noticeable lag which blew my mind.
so that was not enough for me so i rebinded some keys of my keyboard so i can bind them because you cant bind some keys that i wanted,
and after doing that i put my keyboard on floor and started using it as pedals , i got in couple situations where i needed to type which annoyed me because i would need to duck or get keyboard so i plugged in another one and now i have really good setup and am stoked to play. I would recommend it anyone who doesn't have money for wheel and u can use it for other games too.

I wrote this because i noticed that many people in community use mouse and noone even heard of this method.
Ask me anything about it i will happily answer and provide links needed.
Some LFS mouse users are ridiculously fast, some prefer mouse believe it or not!
Now I'm going to tell you the truth. Better mouse than 180 steering wheel or phone application. I've tried a lot of ways to ride, and for me that's the truth, a laser mouse ... when you get used to it, you'll be competitive with the best times. However, it does not matter what you are going to do, the most important thing is the training, hours after hours, until you reach your goals.
I use a 180 degree wheel... i can't stand using a mouse
You need hours after hours with mouse or you can after 10-20 hours hit low 12 on bl gp with fbm
I have been driving with keyboard for 1 year and mouse for 8 years. Now when I think about it, thats quite a bit. I do have a G29 laying around, but i enjoy driving with mouse so much more.

If i wanna use a wheel and pedals, I'll just use my IRL car :^)
But seriously, using mouse is worth the try.
"i put my keyboard on floor and started using it as pedals" wut Big Eye
Anyways, Im playing on mouse since I started playing LFS and like Kriss said earlier "I enjoy driving with mouse", just use mouse if you cant afford a wheel and you can get a really good times if you stick with it for awile Wink. For sure a lot better than using ur mobile as steering and keyboard as pedals, but if you really feel comfortable with it, then.. Shrug Big grin
#8 - Racon
If it allows you to click with the car, it's all good. When you're in the zone, you don't notice how you're controlling it. Be the car and all that Smile
Well I'd say you haven't fully lived if you haven't played LFS with a Bongo controller with a gamecube adapter. Big grin

Seriously though, the farthest I've gone was to use a joystick as a shifter and a clutch, before having a 3 pedals wheel set. You pull the joystick backward to engage the clutch and you click to shift. It was pretty challenging at first but it worked!
Having mouse as a steering wheel is more manageable for me. The palm of your hand firmly gripping the mouse provide better feel and a steady control. The close emplacement of the throttle-brake prove to be pleasing to the point a nearly identic usage as a wheel user.

I honestly don't know how you are steering the car with a small pad i.e phone size as I've trouble having both of my hand comfortably gripping my phone. I guess everyone have their own unique setup

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG