The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Hi, thanks for the support in this thread and your patience.

I keep checking in now and then to see what's happening. Happy to see the project is still very much alive… for you at least, I've not played in 7 years! Hoping to reset that once I get some new content and tyres. Smile

Quote from Scawen :I confirm this is a full time job for Eric and me. There were some quiet years due to life changes but I can tell you we are really on the case now.

The longer I work in games development the more I understand your decision to work this way, and also appreciate the time taken to develop. Progress seems slow at times even in big teams. I'd not have the commitment myself to work on one project for this length of time and certainly not by myself though you do seem to have at least chosen the right niche to get a (comparatively) patient community.

Quote from Scawen :The trouble is that updates (to graphics, interface, etc.) in each version need to be merged into the other version. It has been like a chain around my neck attached to an iron ball and one that I want to get rid of. At the moment there are just so many changes for the new graphics, it would be a bit of a nightmare to try and merge that into the public version.

I'm assuming you're still not using source control?

Quote from Scawen :But in reality as we have seen, there are sometimes unforeseen things that come up and change the plans. I hope it will all go as planned! Smile

I think that sums up every project I've worked on in this industry. Big grin
Holy moly! It's Bob Smith! Cool to see you Ben.
so amazing to see that development is still continuing on LFS!

It was what got me into PC Gaming!

not been on LFS quite as so much as i used to be, but its still my go to
racing game Big grin

Keep up the work dev team Smile
@Scawen or @Eric maybe possible activate Bump Map on LFS? this is possible editing Shaders+ENBseries (i made it one time) but looks weird with stock textures from the game i think this dont will increase much graphic content e.e maybe you can test it... just saying
happy to see that there is still activity, havent been "online" in around 8 years but still checks in from time to time to check if there is a new update..

Looking forward to put the wheel to use again, still miss the good old days of lfs.
I still play the game often, usually offline with tweaker to test things. But in general it's a good tool that I've been able to help figure out real life car issues with pretty well for that. I hope there is more someday! Eventually! Smile
Oh no....
I'm really please see this! Another "0.1 Alpha" player here who has put only a handful of hours in LFS over the past decade, but still keeps an eye out for the annual update mail.

As a sign of my support - I've just purchased the S3 license... every little helps Smile

I bought a Rift last year and after a turbulent personal life over the past 6 months I finally found the time and inclination to have a 5-lap quick race in the Formula XR @ Blackwood for old times sake. I was never that quick, 1:13s. Anyway... 2 hours later and sweating profusely, I broke the immersion... In the last couple of races I found the balance and dropped into 1:11s.

For me VR is a real game-changer and LFS does it better than any other title, despite being the most dated in capabilities. I can 'feel' the move underneath me, really weird, I can detect and catch the car by feel rather than learned behaviour which takes it to a level that reignites my interest in online racing, and opens up all the RWD cars that I could previously never be bothered with.

Just a thought, if the next 12 months involves the full release of additional S3 content (tracks) and the updated physics model, perhaps it's time to put prices up a few quid? You've ignored inflation for quite a few years !

Oh and if you explore 'wet weather' as an S4 capability I'd buy it in a heartbeat - if it's not in the backlog can you make it a retirement project perhaps? Wink
Nice to see that LFS is still alive.
I plan to try it again this WE with VR and DD Wheel.
15 years of LFS right?... oO"
Quote from MagicFr :Nice to see that LFS is still alive.
I plan to try it again this WE with VR and DD Wheel.
15 years of LFS right?... oO"

Yeah Big grin , nice to see you are still there !
Quote from Bila_KHS :Ok, time for me to put some bags of words in this topic.

I agree with you, and I still say more, I believe that LFS would grow back a lot if there was a bet on SimRacing. Big grin
And why not take advantage of that too and organize an official and world championship? LFS Omg omg omg
Quote from Flotch :Yeah Big grin , nice to see you are still there !

Ahah, I'm just back in Sim Racing last month. Check the flags near my name Wink
I guess you never left LFS haha Smile
I saw the Singapore flag Wink , far from France man !
And yes, I still run LFS time to time and now I felt ridiculous against the AI (I take slower cars than them, but anyway Big grin ) ... but it is still really a masterpiece in many ways Thumbs up . Enjoy LFS and the other sim available now ^^
Quote from MagicFr :Ahah, I'm just back in Sim Racing last month. Check the flags near my name Wink
I guess you never left LFS haha Smile

Hi fellow Singaporean Smile
Well, I tried in VR ( I play sim racing only in VR ), and LFS is not playable at all, instant motion sickness.
I couldn't find a "Lock to horizon" option like AC, that will instantly fix the issue. ( i posted something about it on the VR thread )

Hello Micro Spec V ? Are you Singaporean? ( I live in Singapore but I'm still French lol, ALlez la France ce soir ! )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG