The online racing simulator
Username Change
(13 posts, started )
Username Change
Hi,
Is it possible to have my username changed in the forum + ingame name?

Gazaweb was a really old one created many moons ago!

Obviously this is down to an admin discretion Smile
Nah this Always stays with u Smile

I also not like mine anymore but we have to stick with it.

U can Always suport the devs in these hard times and buy new one Did I Say That?

LFS Power
they should charge for username changes, i think it would help make some funds Smile
hehe
Actually i know how you can change it but you will lose everything on this profile... Anyway this will be good to have option for change for example 1 time for 1 year
I second this idea, though I wouldn't personally use it Wink
I found this email from 20th of april 2015.

Sorry we cannot transfer over stats. The only way to get a new username would be to create a new user account. We can possibly transfer the S2 payment across, so you have a new S2 licensed account, but it would be a 'fresh' account with no associated statistics.
#8 - lucaf
I think it is good username cannot be changed
Yep, it woudn't be a good idea to change the LfS-World-Name. Many third party tools would go crazy as they have to use this name as primary (unique) key. It would be a question of time until we had two drivers with the same name.
Example: In 2015 you start with the name "FunDiver" and change it in 2016 to "FunnyDriver". In the year 2017 some other driver thinks "FunDriver" would be cool. Think of "FunDriver" could have been banned from servers in 2015. The new "FunDriver" is also banned, without any clue why.

Server stats form AIRIO or LfS-Lapper, replays and hotlaps would have many problems to.
A simple solution for this would be to associate a unique ID with each account...
#11 - expr
Quote from TechEdison :A simple solution for this would be to associate a unique ID with each account...

There is a unique ID associated with each account...
Quote from expr :There is a unique ID associated with each account...

Minecraft does a pretty good job with its UUID. You use username to use commands in game/server, but it internally stores the UUID, so when you ban someone, he can change his name but the ban is still applied.
I don't know about a unique ID other than the username (LfS-Worldname). I hope you don't talk about the id used by this forum.

At the end there is no InSim-Packet sending such an ID. So it would be useless for any insim around.
And if the interface would be changed all the older insim would have a big problem. Same as I described above.

Username Change
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG