The online racing simulator
Someone want to make me a Lapper server setup?
Money can be discussed... Unless you just wanna do it to get another server out there Wink

I have the hardware and, one way or another, will be hosting a server.

I need 2 servers, which will be connected using Lapper:

- Lapper: should show basic stats for a racing server (split times, lap tops, leaderboard, etc)

- ^7[^1VT^7] ^4VTEC Demo: BL2 track, XRG+XFG+FBM cars.

- ^7[^1VT^7] ^4VTEC S2: Whatever the best track for general racing is (I'm not good at picking tracks..), FF FR and RR cars.

I can change ports, passwords, and other general settings. I just don't want to have the hassle of setting it up myself haha Tongue
Hi Mate,

I'm more into Airio but the basic lapper setup does most of what you are asking. Have a mess about with lapper before you offer money LOL.
Quote from simon1234 :Hi Mate,

I'm more into Airio but the basic lapper setup does most of what you are asking. Have a mess about with lapper before you offer money LOL.

I probably will end up doing it myself, but it's not about the capability of me being able to do it, it's the time put in.

I'm sure people know how to mop the floors, but they still pay other people to do it Wink

Edit:

dang...
Download one of the most recent LFSLapper releases, put it on your server, edit the default_1.ini file (with Notepad or similar) to add your server password, add your user name to admin.txt and superusers.txt file, and that's about it.

If you want, you can then edit the LFSLapper.lpr file to change the standard welcome message that people see when they visit your server.

Also within the LFSLapper.lpr file is a variable called $DefaultTopCar. Edit this (again, Notepad) and list the cars you want to use. This is needed for Top times and Drift Scores (if enabled).
You worked with Lapper before, so shouldn't have any problem setting Lapper up straight out of the box.
Since you will be starting from scratch, you can decide anything you want, like:

- Do I want one database for both servers or a database for each server
- Which features do I want and does Lapper have them by default or do I need to make them (ask someone to make them)
- Figure out the details of those features as it's easier to build all in one go, then to keep adding things, which will get messy at some point (codewise that is)
I guess another question I should be asking is, what kind of server with what features should I create? I planned on a regular race server, but maybe it would be better to add more features or change the theme entirely.
well i could give some idea's:
Some of them are recently build with Lapper or is still in development.

Cruise-Server: Most popular one, and most time-consuming one
Time-Attack: Build by Bass-Driver in dev stage
Rally: Build by Bass-Driver in dev stage
Drag: Build by Bass-Driver
Soccer/Football: Build by Bass-Driver
BangerRacing: Last seen on 'LFS Banger Roleplay' server, still in dev stage
Destruction Derby:
Tag:
Cops&Robbers:
Find the checkpoint/Object:

Someone want to make me a Lapper server setup?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG