The online racing simulator
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
(14 posts, started )
The joy of a ban is discovering other simulation games. And as someone who has a love of history, a love of REAL simulation games, enjoys Skyrim......

I really suggest that if you enjoy RPG games, check out this masterpiece.

It's focus is on realism, it's 1403 in Bohemia and you are the son of a blacksmith. As such, you know SFA about being a legendary fighter. You will need to train and learn how to do anything and everything.

Check out some utube playthrough's because if a real RPG set in historically accurate 1403 Bohemia seems interesting then this game is well worth having a look at.
Over 1 Million sales from late feb, Patch 1.3 is just released.

And for all the SJW's who are having a meltdown with not having a doggy companion or (Shock horror) a realistic playable female character, (In 1403 Bohemia....) these are being worked on and will be free DLC (for early backers).

This is probably the best RPG game ever released so I really suggest checking it out on Youtube if your a fan of Skyrim, The Witcher, Your favourite RPG here. Smile
It is surely great success for a czech gaming industry, let alone the fact it was partially publicly funded.
Quote from Racer X NZ :... historically accurate 1403 Bohemia ...

Quote :"Attempting to create a historically accurate game set in the Middle Ages necessitates wading through a mire of biases that has been accumulating over the span of centuries. Once that’s done, any creator is going to add their personal preconceptions to the mix, whether intentionally or not. This is not a cause for the gnashing of teeth or the throwing of towels, however. Owning up to your prejudices and recognising them as such is one of the first steps to creating an interesting interpretation of the past. Challenge them, or explore their implications; either way, you have to deal with them. If, on the other hand, you’re after objective truth and look at your inherited sources and historical writings as gospel, there’s a good chance you’re going to perpetuate harmful and distorting biases."

(source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/05/kingdom-come-deliverance-historical-accuracy/)
Yup, read that review and my above post answers that.
From my point of view the game has a number of historical issues regarding historical accuracy, first of all the armour is wrong in a number of ways. They seem to have relied on re-enactors for the details here and it is not correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzx51eQNzUA

Secondly, in Bohemia at this time period (1403) the exclusion of crossbows is inexcusable, they were the primary missile weapon and I have no idea why they were not included.

Thirdly, the clothing is not accurate either, either male or female.

And fourthly, the sole point that RPS makes here, ( a site I usually agree with, but not at all with this article), NO PEOPLE OF COLOUR......

Well, the game is set in a 16 square km part of inner Bohemia in 1403, it includes Bohemian's, Cumins, Hungarians, Jews, all people who would be in this area.
This bitchfest over this game goes back a long way (2014 Kotaku) and it is IN MY OPINION a bunch of SJW's wanting to cleanse anyone who disagrees with their agenda.

But I personally consider that the SJW, Antifa, liberal left claiming that anyone opposed their form of Communism to be 'Fascist' to be a ......... ( I disagree)

And, on taking a pure gaming point of view, irrelevant to the actual game. If you really want a 'Person of colour' in the game then I suggest that South Parks solution is perfect, Their 'person of colour' is called 'Token Black' and no one seems to have an issue with that. Smile
Quote from Racer X NZ :And fourthly, the sole point that RPS makes here, ( a site I usually agree with, but not at all with this article), NO PEOPLE OF COLOUR......

Well, the game is set in a 16 square km part of inner Bohemia in 1403, it includes Bohemian's, Cumins, Hungarians, Jews, all people who would be in this area.
This bitchfest over this game goes back a long way (2014 Kotaku) and it is IN MY OPINION a bunch of SJW's wanting to cleanse anyone who disagrees with their agenda.

But I personally consider that the SJW, Antifa, liberal left claiming that anyone opposed their form of Communism to be 'Fascist' to be a ......... ( I disagree)

Is the exclusion of people of colour not a historical cleansing in a way that suits their white supremacist, far right agenda? This is to say nothing of the other points RPS makes about class and gender.

Quote :Despite the backstory of war, slaughter, and displacement, Bohemia is shown as a place of homogenous equilibrium and conformity, where everyone, peasant to lord, knows their place and is content with it.
(source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/05/kingdom-come-deliverance-historical-accuracy/)

Doesn't that sound just a bit like a fascist ideal?
Perhaps if RPS had actually tried playing the game rather than being on their (the writer) own religious crusade they may not have made such a stupid factually incorrect comment.

Bohemia is in the middle of a civil war of sorts, invaded by Hungarians and rebelling Bohemians.

The bandits are certainly not content with respecting anyone.

It is also set during the early teachings of Jan Hus, certainly not a conformist. In fact one mini quest actually has the player give the sermon in a church where you can make a very strong statement in support of his teachings which are completely opposed to conformity. And the congregation agree with these views....

It is also worth remembering that society in 1400 is not society in 2018, there are in fact differences !

Also, its a game and that is the key point. It gets some things wrong, but it's still breaking new ground as an RPG and well worth playing.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Also, its a game and that is the key point.

And this absolves the game and developers of all criticism? Are we to simply take the developers' claims of historical accuracy at face value? What makes you think the reviewer didn't play the game?

Quote from Racer X NZ :It is also set during the early teachings of Jan Hus, certainly not a conformist. In fact one mini quest actually has the player give the sermon in a church where you can make a very strong statement in support of his teachings which are completely opposed to conformity. And the congregation agree with these views....

Emphasis mine:
Quote from https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/05/kingdom-come-deliverance-historical-accuracy/ :This image of a society that is essentially content with its own stasis not only contradicts the game’s storyline – which is about the rise of a peasant – but also the historical research. It seems especially strange in the context of the looming Hussite Wars (1419-1434), during which the grievances of the desperate poor exploded in a bloody revolt against clerics and nobles alike. The teachings of Jan Hus, a theologian whose execution in 1415 helped spark these wars, are mentioned here and there in the game in connection with a vague anti-clericalism (common in the Late Middle Ages). In KCD this distrust of priests is shown as something peasants and nobles have in common. The resentments that would soon tear Bohemia apart are paradoxically portrayed as a potential national unifier.

Quote from Forbin :And this absolves the game and developers of all criticism? Are we to simply take the developers' claims of historical accuracy at face value? What makes you think the reviewer didn't play the game?

I think that this quote from the article sum's up the current gaming press witchhunt on this game, and in particular its creator.

"Kingdom Come: Deliverance isn’t propaganda, but there’s still a semi-coherent ideological framework at its core. KCD looks at medieval society through a lens of patriarchy, and the various -isms it’s associated with: sexism, classism, and chauvinism."

Yes, elements of the gaming press have a hatred of Daniel Varva.
Try reading this, https://heavy.com/games/2018/02/art-vs-artist-kingdom-come-controversy-explored/

And I actually suspect that frequently 15th century life operated as a "patriarchy, and the various -isms it’s associated with: sexism, classism, and chauvinism." I don't believe the SJW movement started till the late 20th century, quite some time later.
So, good luck with criticising the past for not being the present.

However, IT IS A GAME !!!!!

Bluntly, I don't care what any dev's personal views are on most things, my interest is 'How good is the game ?' and do I want to buy it.

If you have a personal issue with the dev then don't buy the game. That's pretty simple really.

The game has more than enough gameplay issues that most of the rational conversation is focused on patching and the Warhorse team are doing a great job of communicating and patching these issues. The latest patch, 1.3.3 has improved issues such as saves and a host of other problems that improve gameplay.
Oh look! It's you two clowns again! Good. This forum was getting really stale and boring. How have y'all been? Glad to see you've been keeping the rubber side down (I hope) Forbin. And when are you going to get a bike cousin?
As far as what y'all are carrying on about.... Forbin, knowing you as a stickler for details, I can see why you're bent out of shape about this title's claims on historical accuracy. But it's a game, I don't think a developer of a game is going to be an accurate historian, especially when they have to code pivotal events into fitting with exciting game playing action. How ANY RPG can be exciting is beyond me, but I do know you're not going to be an ace killer by being good at first person shooters. You're not going to be the greatest businessman in the world by mastering railroad tycoon. And you're not going to get any sort of historical accuracy from an RPG developer that's trying to market their product to a group of people that are known to fall asleep during history class.
As far as me and RPGs goes... RPG? WTF! IDC.....
Quote from Racer X NZ :
However, IT IS A GAME !!!!!

Bluntly, I don't care what any dev's personal views are on most things, my interest is 'How good is the game ?' and do I want to buy it.

This tired trope again?

Quote from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoffsLaw :Sometimes certain subjects (such as race, gender, etc) will come up and serious analysis will take place. At some point, someone will say a variation of this question: "Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is?" This statement is usually meant to derail discussion and protect their favorite work from criticism.

They have already considered your revolutionary "just enjoy it" strategy, because it is not actually revolutionary at all. It is the default state for most of humanity.

Well, your main criticism, or rather RPS's criticism seems to be a lack of gender fluid characters who identify as a unicorn. (That is a joke FYI !)

Fine, perhaps in a patch they could add the South Park solution 'Token Black' character just to calm people who seem to feel the lack of such completely invalidates the game.

If your actually interested in history, here is an article on Czech society in 2016. "When it comes to equality between men and women, the Czech Republic is not bad at accepting various commitments and strategic documents. The problem is that there is little success in making gender equality more than just talk and putting it into practice."

Yet, in your world, 1403 Bohemia should be a model of equality and freedom.

Try to actually read this before claiming I'm shutting down the conversation. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1ae0/05b2972a68f4750245aae1eb66063727c47f.pdf
Women and the "Second Serfdom ": Evidence from Early Modern Bohemia.

The actual truth of the matter is that 15th century life operated as a "patriarchy, and the various -isms it’s associated with: sexism, classism, and chauvinism." You may not like the fact, but that is how life was and expecting a game to change that to a 21 century SJW world with equal rights for all and weekly gay pride marchs just to make SJW's happy is thankfully not happening in this game or with this studio.

And, Racer Y, Hi M8. Fun post but you'll get Forbin's nose out of joint again by saying
Quote from Racer Y :But it's a game,

Smile
Quote from Racer X NZ :Yet, in your world, 1403 Bohemia should be a model of equality and freedom.

This is a misrepresentation of my point at best. Your hyperbole demonstrates your unwillingness to discuss in good faith.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG