The online racing simulator
XFR - how to
(29 posts, started )
XFR - how to
Lately I gave myself a try in xfr... and it was a nightmare. In some turns car cant literally turn and some is ultra oversteery. Its cringe for me because Im pretty decent in fwd cars.
#2 - lucaf
Its like that only on locked diff Smile
Well... XF GTR, hmm...

I like that car. I usually tend to drive on corners with 20-60% throttle, and floor i when I know I have finished apex.
#4 - lfsrm
The nightmare with this car is the tires management....
I'm not fast, but I like to move the torque split more towards the rear to help with tyre wear and understeer. And like UM said, left foot braking to get the turbo spooled up faster.
Quote from bobloblaw :I'm not fast, but I like to move the torque split more towards the rear to help with tyre wear and understeer. And like UM said, left foot braking to get the turbo spooled up faster.

The thread says XFR and not FXR...

On topic - the described issues are even worse in UFR... Big grin
What about use handbrake to make car turning? I tried it but i dont think its good idea even if brake balance is +80% front, slicks still getting redspots really quick.
depends on section and reason. I do use handbrake in certain circumstances, but I was told before I am an idiot to use handbrake.
Haha go smooth with that brick
I find that, at least with mouse, both the UFR and XFR are point and squirt cars. Cant appply throttle mid corner. So your entry line, entry speed and gearing have to be on point.

On wheel, you can vary the throttle to balance the oversteer and make the car more balanced mid corner, but if you apply too much, the car does power understeer so easily lol.

I remember, in the SRT UFR race at sO2, I was basically point and squirting for the entire race. Meaning, braking, raking the gears, turning in with no power, then power out once the steering angle is smaller. Also helps if you have a mario kart "tippy" set that steps out slightly. Helps pivot the front end more.
Quote from Eclipsed :The thread says XFR and not FXR...

On topic - the described issues are even worse in UFR... Big grin

I maintain perfect 50/50 power distribution by keeping it in neutral, and drive FXR instead.
And is the most flippable car in the game...
UFR flips even more easy. I would love to see less flips the day new physics are released.

IMO the turning issues are worse on XFR than UFR but can be handled in both cars just by changing Lock diff -> Clutch patch and then finetuning by other setup paramters.
Tyre management would be nightmare if R4 tyres would not exist. We had recently one event at SO5 on Absolute Beginners, and R4 worked surprising well there.
Interesting, for me R3s most of the time are enough (UFR). And as everyone has said - be super smooth with throttle if you have pedals. With mouse you're left with smashing that button at a high rate when mid-corner. Sometimes the surge of oversteer can be helpful
Quote from lucaf :I would love to see less flips the day new physics are released.

Eh? If you've flipped you've done something wrong - too fast over kerb, too high a kerb, bad set, steered the wrong way, didn't counter early enough, left your right foot planted, blah blah, etc, etc. XFR and UFR are very narrow, tall cars with ridiculous amounts of grip for their size, they absolutely should be easy to roll compared to the other cars.

All else being equal, if new physics physics results in less flipping then we've lost grip at the tyres. If we have too much grip currently then fair enough, but you can't reasonably go hobbling tyre grip just to save the people doing wrong things from the consequences of doing the wrong things - we have arcade games for that sort of nonsense Big grin

(Lucaf definitely knows already, but for the benefit of those who don't: I speak from the position of someone who could roll a 10 metre wide car with anti-roll skids on a salt flat at 3mph)
I don't remember needing R4 with UFR, but with XFR. About handbrake, I remember I used it in the south city race, but after my rear tyre begin to heat too fast, i stopped using it.
Ill give myself another try later, ty for tips (not for these about rolling lol).
Quote from Mikus1212 :Lately I gave myself a try in xfr...

so wich one WR you plan to grab from reigga? Smile
so4r for sure
The XFR used to be my bread and butter. All of the setups I ran had a loose rear and I would almost back the car into a corner. I never got on with tighter setups, even if they appeared faster I would still go out with my loose setup and grab the WR on Aston Club.

As everyone else has said already, you need to be very delicate with the throttle. The car always felt like it would spin out at any moment when I drove it, so my advice is start loose then bring it back to a level you're comfortable with.
#22 - robt
I can confirm, Quicksilver's setup were bonkers, but they did work!
And I have seen him win a lot of ATC 60 lap GPs with them. Big grin
Worth mentioning I was using a Playstation 2 pad, so my advice might be completely useless if you're using a wheel. It's also worth mentioning how many hours I spent driving that one car (seriously, I did thousands of races in the XFR), I can assure you I was terrible with it for a while, and I flipped it more times than I can remember.
with a wheel its utter shit

XFR - how to
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG