The online racing simulator
Mirrors on Android?
(18 posts, started )
Mirrors on Android?
Hey guys,
Im creating my own cheapo sim rig, just getting my g27 now.. VERY nice upgrade from my old thrustmaster enzo ferrari... Anyways, I have 2 spare Amazon Kindle devices, both of which are Android. I was wondering if I could make those display as mirrors for in game, so i could make my own in-car feel. Im using my phone right now as a dashboard. Is there a program that will show my mirrors on an Android device? Thx a lot.

P.S. sry if this is in wrong section of forum
#2 - lucaf
sounds super cool as an idea Smile
I doubt Kindle would work for displaying any kind of videogame content because the screens of those ebook readers have very slow refresh rates.
The only way is to stream the complete picture to the tablet. For this you need a Pc and a LFS account for each mirror.
These you set in the views on the mirror and stream with Trinus or Moonlight to the tablet. Too complicated and expensive for such Simplen things. Sorry.

A program for it does not exist as you imagine.
Quote from Gutholz :I doubt Kindle would work for displaying any kind of videogame content because the screens of those ebook readers have very slow refresh rates.

He says Android, that means it's a Kindle Fire - a rather ordinary tablet with normal LCD.
Oh ok. Ill just have to settle with the one virtual mirror on the top. Sry to ask more, but is there a way to get virtual side mirrors on the bottom sides of the screen? Im trying to make the view on the hood so i can make my real car interior in my sim rig.
Quote from Cutie pie :He says Android, that means it's a Kindle Fire - a rather ordinary tablet with normal LCD.

Ya, a mostly normal tablet with the worst OS ever till u root it and flash it with a custom ROM, at which point it suddenly becomes wonderful. Wink
Quote from liveforspeedracer101 :is there a way to get virtual side mirrors on the bottom sides of the screen?

Nope. Only 2 options - 1 virtual mirror on top or only real mirrors.
Quote from liveforspeedracer101 :Oh ok. Ill just have to settle with the one virtual mirror on the top. Sry to ask more, but is there a way to get virtual side mirrors on the bottom sides of the screen? Im trying to make the view on the hood so i can make my real car interior in my sim rig.

You are not the first one with this idea.Uhmm
Good luck and let me know if you can find a solution other than mine.
Attached images
IMG_20180204_231456.jpg
IMG_20180204_215857.jpg
Quote from Xenix74 :You are not the first one with this idea.Uhmm
Good luck and let me know if you can find a solution other than mine.

Great rig Smile
Haha isn't lfs work?

wish it pays the bills Wink
thats cool Xenix, but you must not forget when you are in real car, that its not LFS then...
Oh come on, you should be able to discover a similarity with your avatar image. Ya right
Attached images
IMG_20180212_234644.jpg
xf gti.jpg
Maybe u should join our team Smile We all born to race Omg omg omg
Old thread I know. But wouldn't it be possible to make a 2d virtual mirror using outsim data? You can get the frontal views of the cars from the skins folder, use outsim data to figure out angles and distances. Scale for distance like an old 16 bit game... Or use unity
Quote from Xenix74 :Oh come on, you should be able to discover a similarity with your avatar image. Ya right

But your center console is from an Opel, the one in XFG is a mk1 Punto... not saying that they don't look similar but there is an identical option too Tongue

EDIT: I noticed, but just wanted to point the obvious thing out Big grin
I also said a "similarity" xD

Mirrors on Android?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG