The online racing simulator
Downhill Dash - By Street Obsessions
(21 posts, started )

EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE Street Obsessions SERVER

Presenting Downhill Dash, the last event from Street Obsessions for 2017.

Downhill Dash is an event based off of the successful downhill events originally written by Huski & TAZxx. Once again, both have teamed up together to bring us this brand new layout.

The event is raced in a 1v1 style for two runs per race, the cars start at the top of the run, then they must race down, the winner is whoever crosses the finish line first on both runs, if the score ends 1 win each a 3rd run tie-breaker will be raced to decide a clear winner.

The races are done in a random seeded bracket in which drivers who sign up will be randomly selected to go into the bracket, this way the races are completely random. As with any kind of bracketed race or competition the winner moves to the next round.

Races will be raced in TBO cars (XRT, FXO, RB4), for a balanced choice of every kind of drivetrain for drivers to choose from. (Limitations in rules)

Due to bracket bye-rounds we’ll be limiting maximum entries to 16 (see below), this is to avoid bye-rounds and to supply a fair, balanced bracket for everybody racing. Only sign-up for the event if you're 100% sure you will be available for the event.

Downhill Dash will be held on December 30th, 18:00GMT

The rulebook is simple, both for the benefit of administrators on the night and also for the benefit of the racers. Below you will find the rules of racing.

1. No Deliberate Contact (We understand its close racing, accidents happen, however ramming / pitting is disallowed)
2. If you fall off the layout (EG: Through the railings on some corners) your car is totalled, meaning you lose that run.
3. No cheats or hacks in any way, doing so could lead to a permanent event ban.
4. The car you race in your first run is the car you’ll race for EVERY run.
5. When you're not racing do NOT join the track.

No event would be succesful without amazing prizes. To end the year with a BANG, here's the list of what you could win:

(UPD: 26/12/17)

1st: $15 steam voucher
2nd $10 steam voucher
3rd $5 steam voucher

Interested in particpating in this event? -> https://docs.google.com/forms/ ... BVvr-xGxltDnOMBw/viewform

BIG UPDATE 18/12

Hello, I'm adding this small note here to say we're closing sign-ups at 16, this is for the way brackets work and our want to avoid byerounds, a note will be put here when the 16 is met, if you sign up as a racer after the 16 you'll be put in as a RESERVE, on the night you can still come to the server in case of a driver or two not showing up.

(Sign-ups non bracketed)

Current Sign-ups - 16

Shamz (truckloader)
[TC-R] Adam (k_badam)
[GLOW] Angel (sergey29)
S|L Jacob (seal..)
A c e (PusicDrift)
[TC]>Spark< (Sparklez)
Tyrant (Invortex)
R0ut (R0ut66)
GT4Tube (gt4_pl)
*‹[GRINCH] Folo (Foloride)
[MD] Twistzz (Driloniloni110)
Willi (Will.I.Am)
[R]Wilczek (Patryk1967)
Vick/Therenaultguy (TheRenaultGuy)
bunnytt (bunnytt)
| FR | §outh (EE3)

Reservists - 2
Roba (-Roba-)
Juntu (Juntunen123)
Lose (Sir Elton John)
I'm in!
Is there any place we can see who is currently signed up?
Quote from k_badam :Is there any place we can see who is currently signed up?

I will add a list of sign-ups into the OP, bracket will not be available until 1 hour before event start however!
what kind of format it is?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :what kind of format it is?

he event is raced in a 1v1 style for two runs per race. This basically means a seeded bracket, such as the way football cups are done in some form, everyone is randomly put into the bracket with other drivers, if they win 2 of the runs (3 if tie) they move to the next round of the bracket to go against the driver in the bracket below.

I have attached a picture of an 8 person bracket as example.

Thanks Smile
Quote from Huskii :he event is raced in a 1v1 style for two runs per race. This basically means a seeded bracket, such as the way football cups are done in some form, everyone is randomly put into the bracket with other drivers, if they win 2 of the runs (3 if tie) they move to the next round of the bracket to go against the driver in the bracket below.

I have attached a picture of an 8 person bracket as example.

Too bad... I mean the format itself is great, but I am not into duel, bring some day more cars and I'll participate too. Smile
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Too bad... I mean the format itself is great, but I am not into duel, bring some day more cars and I'll participate too. Smile

Well if you change your mind, you know what to do Smile, I personally would have liked to see you there, but again that is your choice Tongue

--

There are still sign-up spaces available, be sure to get them before they're gone Tongue
Hello! I'd just like to say a big thanks to everybody who has signed up thus-far! We do hope to hit our target of 32 drivers by the time of the event! But as I said, thanks to everyone who's signed up for this!
For those of you who still aren't sure if they want to participate in this event, here are a few select pictures from the layout.

I'd like to remind everyone that the layout is currently loaded on Street Obsession's server, password being dd2017. Come and try it, then sign-up!
BIG UPDATE 18/12

Hello, I'm adding this small note here to say we're closing sign-ups at 16, this is for the way brackets work and our want to avoid byerounds, a note will be put here when the 16 is met, if you sign up as a racer after the 16 you'll be put in as a RESERVE, on the night you can still come to the server in case of a driver or two not showing up.
Hello! I'd just like to post this to inform people that Downhill Dash has ONE SPACE remaining for on-night racers, everybody else will be put under reserve if they sign up.

On that subject if reserves equal 16 on the night (on forms) we'll post a 32 bracket which is balanced for everybody!

This decision is here to eliminate bye-rounds as we do not want these happening under ANY circumstances.

-Huski
Sign-ups now at 16, everybody who signs up will be added as a reserve, current signups will be kept in their slots!
Due to issues regarding humblebundle when we looked into purchasing the order we've decided as a team to transfer the prizes from Humble Bundle to Steam in the form of Steam Credit, the new prizing structure is as follows:

1st: $15 steam voucher
2nd $10 steam voucher
3rd $5 steam voucher

We apologise as a team for this inconvenience however we believe its the best solution to our issue with Humble Bundle
Less than 24 hours to go!!!

As a little booster, the current prizes of the steam vouchers will be DOUBLED if we can reach the maximum 32 sign-ups, including the current reserve racers.

Not only will we double the prizes, we will also run the whole 32 bracket!!!

We are excited for you to see what all our hard work has achieved, and for you to come and enjoy DownHill Dash!
WOW
1 hour to go!!!

We would like all participants in server as early as possible, no later than 17:50 GMT so we can do the bracket and run you all through the rules.

We are still accepting last minute sign-ups using the following Link - >CLICK ME!!<
dd2017 is the server pw
THANKS TO ALL FOR ATTENDING DOWNHILL DASH BY STREET OBSESSIONS!!!

The event went without any issues or trouble, the results are as follows;

Please feel free to leave any feedback in this thread, again thank you for attending.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG