The online racing simulator
Private setups
(40 posts, started )
Quote from k_badam :That makes no sense, are you implying that he has a better social life than you or what?

Either that, or he is implying that i'm not capable of creating my own setup. To be honest I am at this current moment refining my own drifting setup so I don't know what he is on about. As far as i'm concerned it works like I want it to - Can slide but still retain its grip.
I don't understand the desire to protect every last advantage - i guess I don't have the killer instinct, but the closer my competitors are to me, the more fun i'll have. So, i'll always gladly share not just sets, but also corner speeds, lines and whatever tricks i've got for a particular track... competition or not. Let's just get stuck in! Smile
Quote from Racon :I don't understand the desire to protect every last advantage - i guess I don't have the killer instinct, but the closer my competitors are to me, the more fun i'll have. So, i'll always gladly share not just sets, but also corner speeds, lines and whatever tricks i've got for a particular track... competition or not. Let's just get stuck in! Smile

That's the spirit! Thumbs up We must remember this is simply a game, not real life competitive racing. We share experiences and bond, hell, some may even have started friendships.
It's not that it's the unwillingness to share, but more of the point, how you ask for it, and what skill you possess. If someone joins the server, watches people, doesn't set a lap, and then proceeds to beg for a setup, I won't give him it.
Same for drift, I'd say I hold my own drifting the XRT and LX6, but if some dingus is blocking, ramming others, ruining a twin, and then asks for a setup, I won't be giving it to him.

However, if someone is a good, clean racer (or drifter), and is polite, sure, why not.

I didn't realise this thread relates to drift. Nothing was said in OP's original thread starter, besides the word "clan", which could mean anything from drift clan, racing teams, cruising groups.

I think we are all entitled to hold our setups as private if we want to. It is a racing simulator after all, I treat all racing sims as a competitive league platform where setups are crucial in any form. Even on F1 2017. Eh. Then again... I doubt everyone is a purebred sim racer, maybe I'm just speaking for myself, lol

Cheers
@Facee I dont know how the demo drift community is, but if you think they are jerks for not giving u set, then you dont know anything about S2 elitism yet
Quote from MicroSpecV :It's not that it's the unwillingness to share, but more of the point, how you ask for it, and what skill you possess. If someone joins the server, watches people, doesn't set a lap, and then proceeds to beg for a setup, I won't give him it.
Same for drift, I'd say I hold my own drifting the XRT and LX6, but if some dingus is blocking, ramming others, ruining a twin, and then asks for a setup, I won't be giving it to him.

However, if someone is a good, clean racer (or drifter), and is polite, sure, why not.

I didn't realise this thread relates to drift. Nothing was said in OP's original thread starter, besides the word "clan", which could mean anything from drift clan, racing teams, cruising groups.

I think we are all entitled to hold our setups as private if we want to. It is a racing simulator after all, I treat all racing sims as a competitive league platform where setups are crucial in any form. Even on F1 2017. Eh. Then again... I doubt everyone is a purebred sim racer, maybe I'm just speaking for myself, lol

Cheers

True in the original post I did not specify any type of setup, but if you read my responses you would see I tried directing the discussion towards drifting as most of you guys come from racing. If you read Racon's comment you would get a little understanding of how I feel about a setup and my response to his comment.

I think you are missing the general idea. I get the feeling you are not reading the whole thread. Also in my original post I stated that the way a player asks heavily depends on the answer, naturally. The issue is though, I have experienced active and good players asking for a drift setup in a polite manner receiving the answer "Sorry, private"

Quote :I treat all racing sims as a competitive league platform where setups are crucial in any form.

Do you also imply this if you go drifting? Geez that must be annoying. The way I see drifting servers specifically the rule set kept in mind is; If you are a beginner, sure go ahead and try your best. But if you mess up and block the layout you must immediately go to pits. I don't tolerate players talking down to beginners drifting. We all start somewhere. Thumbs up
Quote from taipalsaari :@Facee I dont know how the demo drift community is, but if you think they are jerks for not giving u set, then you dont know anything about S2 elitism yet

Very vague answer but I get your point. My friends have talked about how good S2 drifters actually are - could you elaborate on the S2 elitism part because I have thought about buying S2 recently.

/I don't think anyone's a jerk for not sharing their setup. At this point I just felt like making a thread about it and hopefully get some insights on why a drifter would do so.
Quote from Facee :True in the original post I did not specify any type of setup, but if you read my responses you would see I tried directing the discussion towards drifting as most of you guys come from racing. If you read Racon's comment you would get a little understanding of how I feel about a setup and my response to his comment.

Oops. Well, when I read threads, I respond to the thread starting post directly. My bad for not looking down far enough.

Quote from Facee :The issue is though, I have experienced active and good players asking for a drift setup in a polite manner receiving the answer "Sorry, private"

Thing is, experienced players can receive a setup reject well, because we can make one ourselves or work with what we have. My XRT drift setup is the same one I have when I first joined, but I've learned to adapt to it to a point it's like a drill when drifting in it. People should learn to accept if someone insists on not providing his/her setup, there is a reason behind it probably.

Quote from Facee :Do you also imply this if you go drifting? Geez that must be annoying.

Yes, I imply this when I go drifting. I tandem with people who are of the same or slightly higher skill level, as I can enjoy doing so. If someone fails in twinning constantly, I just ignore the driver and solo or pick another driver. If the server is full of new drifters and chain point (consistent) drifting is not possible, I just abandon the server for something else. I don't piss about when a server is cancerous, I don't scold everyone lol. I just depart for another.

Quote from Facee :The way I see drifting servers specifically the rule set kept in mind is; If you are a beginner, sure go ahead and try your best. But if you mess up and block the layout you must immediately go to pits. I don't tolerate players talking down to beginners drifting. We all start somewhere. Thumbs up

I don't talk down players who are new. I'm a AA moderator, AOR representative and a bullet in the FBM and open wheels (whooo!). I teach people if they are willing to. I believe a few of those are quick or as quick as me, even.
I rarely get annoyed to a point I have to resort to berating someone, unless it's a crasher in a cruise server Rofl

I believe as a moderator my job is to maintain server standards, coach drivers, educate and rid server of crashers/trollers. Everyone's here to have a good time, and not everything should revolve around a setup I believe Tongue

Cheers

/edit/
I can be very straight and blunt at times, so I hope it does not rub off in some of my points. Just some annoyed 2-cent points coming accross haha
I think we sorted things out without getting aggressive this time. Now I get what you mean. Btw I did not in any way imply that YOU talk down to players - it was merely a general thought of mine.
Well back in the day teams would use set extractor.exe to level out the playing field, gotta love andRo advertising ''special'' sets on the LFS Latvian site as if it was a big deal :DD
''bwoi u want a set? suuure lemme kno which one and ima extract it straight away''
Quote from MousemanLV :Well back in the day teams would use set extractor.exe to level out the playing field, gotta love andRo advertising ''special'' sets on the LFS Latvian site as if it was a big deal :DD
''bwoi u want a set? suuure lemme kno which one and ima extract it straight away''

Good thing those programs produce rubish now Dead banana
rarely i see anyone not sharing a set to someone that shows they want to improve. As others will have probably said a set is only a part of the equation and even if you learn the braking points and everything else it does not mean a set that is fast for one person will be for you as we all have a different style of driving that the set adapts for
Quote from RC-Maus :Good thing those programs produce rubish now Dead banana

Yeah, a lot of the drivers used set extractor in racing leagues, myself included. It was just conventional. Who really wanted to take hours to make a set if you could get one that's ready to roll?
Private setups?
*Laughs in Draggo's voice*
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :how many do you need ?

hvormange mangler du ?

can 6473 setups for all tracks do the job for you ?

then check this post :

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1932238#post1932238

Drift/race/rally/stunt/cruise you name it. its there !

EDIT: Ps some may or may not be "private" ^_^

This post wasnt a question whether I was mad because someone denied me their setup, but more of a general thought. I do not need any new setups. Smile

Private setups
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG