The online racing simulator
More filters for servers
(7 posts, started )
More filters for servers
I am pretty sure this has been suggested before, but more likely not that detailed as what I thought

I did check the server list, noticed something:

How do we know quickly what server contains what? Well, not much unless we actually visit on the server.

I would like to make a complete list about ( bold means it is there already, but mainly for making this suggestion to be more clear )

Either LFSW or ingame would do. ( Yes, there is also LFSWorld section, but it is more likely people look at it on ingame.

Here we go:

Server Version
Server is custom ( yes/no )( using tweak for example )

Name
Little description ( show: yes/no )( 15-20 long )

Ping

Track
Layout objects ( amount )
Track rotation ( server itself changes track )

Cars
Custom cars ( yes/no ) ( notice, only cars with restricted air intake / weight / rules )

Slots
Racers on track

Vote for kick/ban
Guest choose track
Guest choose cars ( though would be hard to make it, but maybe on lobby screen. This is because it is sometimes seen a lonely racer/drifter/cruiser/any would like to actually change a car, so this would make user to feel more free
Qualify
Qualify remaining ( time left )
Mid-join to race
Mandatory pitstop ( amount of mandatory pitstops )
Car reset
Forced Cockpit view
Cruising
Admin is online ( yes/no )

Question mark shows racers ( and car and laps? )

Server is: Race tarmac/Race rally/Drift/Cruise/Free/Any/Test/Custom ( Or add yourself what it is like )

Laps: ( amount of laps ) ( this gives more info about does this server have short or long races )
Time since restart

Server location
Server online time

Insim

Total racers visited ( during all time - this week - today - 1 hour )

Custom statistics

EDIT: EPIC FAIL! https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/7169-Server-options-wishlist look at here...
#2 - lucaf
Similar post from the past, lets have it here also
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/30913

And my next wish:

In the server list I want one checkbox column wich name is "hide this server" because it is annoying to see everytime those many servers I am not interested in (since I join only race servers).
The problem is that there will be people faking a server mode. I mean how "Drift/Cruise/Free/Any/Test/Custom" can you define a official difference between all those modes. How to prevent server admins of producing false information?
Quote from cargame.nl :The problem is that there will be people faking a server mode. I mean how "Drift/Cruise/Free/Any/Test/Custom" can you define a official difference between all those modes. How to prevent server admins of producing false information?

You don't... but usually you don't join there either, more than once.
Is that the solution, hhmm, that doesn't sound very hopeful.
Quote from cargame.nl :Is that the solution, hhmm, that doesn't sound very hopeful.

Yes it does. Your thought and personal interest just attends to seek to find any negative spots, to have overall result and thought to be negative. That's just normal behavior from by all of us.

However, my point is that server is created by user, there is no solution at all unless every single option is fixed and non-tweakable, which is still possible to fake server.

So, the method would be exactly same as it is now, it would just extend, so in other words, it would be helpful.
Ah another person who thinks that he/she has the capability to read minds! Constructive.

Let me clarify it especially for you, I thought of ways to improve the filtering system of servers long ago but then came to the conclusion it is not possible so I didn't brought up the matter. Now someone else does, I explain the problem wondering if someone could give an answer that I didn't think of before.. But.. Then your best reply is; you are negative, blabla? Start to attack someone personally? Seriously?

This is even less hopeful.

More filters for servers
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG