The online racing simulator
Why are VOB-MODS bad?
(8 posts, started )
Why are VOB-MODS bad?
Anyone... Makes no sense.. It just changes the model of the vehicle to something more ya know... Realistic and cool?
Nevermind, found the answer myself...

If the so called "VOB mod" keeps within the original hitbox of the car (like a better model of a car that resembles one from LFS) why would these be a problem?

For example, a Civic Hatchback VOB would easily fit within the XFG hitbox...

ALSO: Not trying to encourage or entertain use of these, as I don't use any myself, just curious as to what is so bad about them... It's like the darknet of LFS.
and a Nissan 350z or 370z would work well with the FZ50..?
It stays bad until the time comes that it is possible to introduce a custom hitbox model.

Not any modification "works well".
Quote from cargame.nl :It stays bad until the time comes that it is possible to introduce a custom hitbox model.

Not any modification "works well".

Guess that makes sense. It would sure be a great update though.. I have a feeling it would bring in a lot of players.

A neat implementation idea would be to have it like skins. With S1 and up you could upload your custom VOB (with a limited max/min hitbox size) and the server would download them automatically.. Imagine a server full of custom car models that are actually cool.
#6 - BeNoM
Scawen adds on planning mods support sometime in the future, so you'll be able to use custom cars 'officially' then.
Quote from BeNoM :Scawen adds on planning mods support sometime in the future, so you'll be able to use custom cars 'officially' then.

god bless the Scawen and anothers LFS developers to do it xD
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :seems to me LFS will be split up in 2.
one for the racing part.
and one for the modding community.

already seing it on cruise servers sort of.
not sure if good or bad really. time will tell.

There is no thing which pleases everyone.

Why are VOB-MODS bad?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG