The online racing simulator
VTEC Racing League | Endurance Races
(64 posts, started )

All drivers welcome, there's a race for everyone, just make sure you follow the rules.

The demo league page is: https://www.lfs.net/leagues/435/
The S2+ league page is: https://www.lfs.net/leagues/436/

Discord Server (A chat/voice platform for gamers): https://discord.gg/rQxK9FF

Schedule and Info (Subject to change)
ALL TIMES are in Eastern Standard Time!

Signup is per season, per league. Please make sure you read the rules on the website!

Race results: https://docs.google.com/spread ... sp=sharing#gid=1434898158

(Credit to Huskii for the awesome images)
This looks... Interesting, lets see how it goes.
Quote from Huskii :This looks... Interesting, lets see how it goes.

Indeed...

It'll be more interesting if I can actually get people to sign up haha. I mean, one lap takes MAX 1:30, my personal time is ~1:15 (if I'm remembering correctly). So 100 laps is 150 minutes = 2hr 30min. Not that much considering some of the other racing leagues here are very long.
Just to correct you, XFG/XRG cars are currently capable of 1:08 times on Blackwood Rallycross.

Also, inviting demo players is probably the worst decision possible. No demo driver will race for 2 hours. You should make the server S1 at least and try to attract people that are capable of actual driving.

PS: this is not supposed to be a hate. I just know the demo rallycross community in LFS
Quote from Spiiiky :Just to correct you, XFG/XRG cars are currently capable of 1:08 times on Blackwood Rallycross.

Also, inviting demo players is probably the worst decision possible. No demo driver will race for 2 hours. You should make the server S1 at least and try to attract people that are capable of actual driving.

PS: this is not supposed to be a hate. I just know the demo rallycross community in LFS

I'm not the best driver myself, I'm just going by what I've seen new players race for lap times.

If a demo racer doesn't race for 2 hours, that doesn't bother me. I'm trying to welcome all the users to test their skills. I could make it S1, but then again I've only got 3 signups right now, and the community is not getting any bigger.
I would sign up but 100 lap race on bl3 is too much for me as a mouse driver ehh..
Quote from PusicDrift :I would sign up but 100 lap race on bl3 is too much for me as a mouse driver ehh..

What about 75? I'm just looking to make an endurance rallycross league, at least 1 hour of racing Tongue
Quote from Spiiiky :Just to correct you, XFG/XRG cars are currently capable of 1:08 times on Blackwood Rallycross.

There are some demo drivers that can race however, I wouldn't say lock it off to them, but instead a mandatory sign-up. As random demo drivers who'll just be there to mess about won't bother signing up as its effort. \o/
Quote from Huskii :There are some demo drivers that can race however, I wouldn't say lock it off to them, but instead a mandatory sign-up. As random demo drivers who'll just be there to mess about won't bother signing up as its effort. \o/

Yep. And that's what I did.

The server will be password protected an hour before, and during the race. The password is listed on the discord server which is league signup only, and also on the league page. Anyone not on the signup list will be kicked due to the small max player count of the server.
Quote from TechEdison :Yep. And that's what I did.

The server will be password protected an hour before, and during the race. The password is listed on the discord server which is league signup only, and also on the league page. Anyone not on the signup list will be kicked due to the small max player count of the server.

Discord server? Why is this not linked in the OP?
Quote :Exert from Website: September 2017 Season
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XFG, Sep. 16th 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XFG, Sep. 23rd 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XFG, Sep. 30th 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
October 2017 Season
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XRG, Oct. 7th 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XRG, Oct. 14th 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XRG, Oct. 21st 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time
75lap, Blackwood Rallycross, XRG, Oct. 28th 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time

Can I ask why half if XFG and half is XRG? The GTI's are nicely balanced, it also (in my case) will stop my participation in October as I rallycross XFG. Some new drivers too might race XFG first, get their setup on point and then be forced into XRG where they could perform uselessly.

If this is also a league you'll want to let drivers race their choice of the two, for their best performance in a league style racing event/series.

(Sorry if I seem annoying, however event planning is my thing)
Quote from Huskii :Can I ask why half if XFG and half is XRG? The GTI's are nicely balanced, it also (in my case) will stop my participation in October as I rallycross XFG. Some new drivers too might race XFG first, get their setup on point and then be forced into XRG where they could perform uselessly.

If this is also a league you'll want to let drivers race their choice of the two, for their best performance in a league style racing event/series.

(Sorry if I seem annoying, however event planning is my thing)

Not annoying at all.

I was planning for season 3 forward to be able to use the XRG+XFG due to my server setup. I think I'll have it all figured out by season 3, but if its sooner, season 2 will be XRG+XFG Tongue
(my reason is because I want to host the league races on the same server as my 3 lap race server, and I don't want users changing their car in the middle because of the concept of endurance racing)

https://discord.gg/rQxK9FF here's the server, I'll put it in the OP

EDIT: heck, I might even have it figured out before the end of season 1, and in that case, I'll change the remaining races to XRG+XFG. The issue I'm having is disallowing users to pit. I don't want them to pit and not be able to rejoin, so preventing them to pit would solve that. Also I don't want them to be able to reset the car. If you blow up your engine, you're out. That's how the 24hr of Le Mans was, that's how this will be Smile

EDIT2: I realize my reasoning makes no sense as one car wont prevent pitting. Ignore that, both will be allowed.
If you don't want people switching, slip it into the rules.
I may have to reschedule the upcoming event on the 16th, but I don't know for sure yet.

My friends who are home hosting the server on a rack had a power failure and one of the rack components is not booting, preventing the server from starting.

I'll post here before tomorrow ends with updates (and should I have to reschedule, an updated schedule)
On schedule, race begins 7:00PM eastern time today.

I've got a temporary host to run the event. My host should be back up before next weeks event.
VTEC RallyX Endurance - 17/09/2017 00:00 (BST) Replay
Quote from lucaf :It looked hard for clutch and suspensions Smile You retired after some 40 laps and gave yourself 4th pos and one point?

Clutches were dying everywhere (Bar mine) suspension was a pain for Jam who pitted twice with a broken rear arm!
Needed to pit three times really, but you were too close Smile I'd toughened the rear suspension up before that race too, lol Smile

Thanks TechEdison and Team VTEC for hosting, was much fun!
Quote from lucaf :It looked hard for clutch and suspensions Smile You retired after some 40 laps and gave yourself 4th pos and one point?

Yep.. I rolled over. Oh well, there's always next week.

Couldn't help but make a meme out of it:
Quote from Racon :Needed to pit three times really, but you were too close Smile I'd toughened the rear suspension up before that race too, lol Smile

Thanks TechEdison and Team VTEC for hosting, was much fun!

Hope to see you on the 23rd!

Also a bit of an update: I will be creating a league website with a proper schedule, scoreboard, and multiple different leagues (S2/Demo enduro/F1)
-
(k_badam) DELETED by Scawen : deleted on OP's request
-
(TechEdison) DELETED by Scawen : deleted on OP's request
-
(k_badam) DELETED by Scawen : deleted on OP's request
Quote from TechEdison :Yep.. I rolled over. Oh well, there's always next week.

Couldn't help but make a meme out of it:

You sure its 2016?
Quote from PusicDrift :You sure its 2016?

Whoops. That was an issue on my part. I posted it late at night and wasn't thinking straight Tongue

(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG