The online racing simulator
TV Commercials and Website Ads
In Live for Speed, there are very little players. Leagues have shut down, such as the CityLiga and LFS NASCAR, and you can have barely any players on a server. Why not make advertisements to get more players?

This could get hundreds more, maybe even thousands, players to sign up for LFS.

This means more leagues, more servers, and more servers with players. Big grin

I hope you support.
maybe game needs update first?

LFS still has best gameplay easiest insim and stuff but graphics and physics not best anymore.

edit: and who whatch still TV?Zzzz
Maybe someone pops up with a suggestion to signup for Steam.. Can happen any second now.
#4 - BeNoM
I think LFS lost it's chance for advertisement 10 years ago, the game's too outdated and has minimal content when compared to every other sim these days, it wouldn't stand a chance in the world of advertisement. Plus PC gamers these days want to use a platform for their games (Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc.) so not many people would be going to a game's website and downloading it manually.

Quote from RC-Maus :physics not best anymore.

Has better tire physics and clutch simulation then any other sim out there.
Quote from BeNoM :Has better tire physics and clutch simulation then any other sim out there.

I don't agree with clutch becouse when you launch car how you should IRL you burn clutch +-13% (with xfg) of it. When you clutch dump you burn +- 1%(with xfg) only (and roast tires).
#7 - BeNoM
I never said it was hyper-realistic, I said it was better then any other sim out there which is completely true. LFS is the only game I've come across where you can burn out your clutch.
Quote from Mate2169 :I don't agree with clutch becouse when you launch car how you should IRL you burn clutch +-13% (with xfg) of it. When you clutch dump you burn +- 1%(with xfg) only (and roast tires).

Hmmmmmm....?
#9 - Racon
Quote from Mate2169 :you burn +- 1%(with xfg) only (and roast tires).

It's only a gentle preheat of the tyres in XFG, most helpful Wink

Back on topic: TV ads are ridiculously expensive, multiple thousands per 30 seconds off peak, 10s of thousands at peak times. We'd need to get 100s of new players from every cheap ad for it to break even, probably 1000s from a peak time ad.

Rather than adverts, I think if we could get someone who is famous enough and known for driving to say "LFS feels more like the real thing than all the others", we'd get floods of new players. (Bottas would be the obvious choice with his time here).
But how much of them will stay? Because the first thing they will say is "We want more cars/real life cars and more tracks", frequent updates. Bringing it to Steam with this status will do NOTHING, as people will go away because no updates and no more content, even if you try to convince them. People don't know what they want, even if you give them what they want, they will still complain. Also what would happen to those who already payed for LFS licenses? They would need to buy it again? Idk if most of users now would agree re-paying LFS if it comes to Steam. Games that aren't frequently updated on Steam just die e.g. Spintires to put a clear example, its literally even more dead than LFS -altho it was because of a discussion between Oovee and Pavel (the creator of ST)-.

LFS first needs the new tyre physics, the VWS released and more content added, and then from there either add content via devs and/or Mod Support implementation.

I'd love to see Racing back to LFS, which will be hard to recover. As a kid I used to play and love Gran Turismo 2 -played it via Emurayden Emulator back on these days-, and in 2010 I joined LFS and since then I stayed here, loyal, waiting that one day I wake up, I enter here and see a thread announcing that Tyre Physics and VWS update is released. LFS is one of the really few games that got me hooked to it and never left it abandoned, max I'd stay away 1-2months but I always come back to it, it has something -apart from being a car/racing casual enthusiast- that always gets me.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 : LFS is one of the really few games that got me hooked to it and never left it abandoned, max I'd stay away 1-2months but I always come back to it, it has something -apart from being a car/racing casual enthusiast- that always gets me.

+1
To be honest TV Commercials and Website Ads is bad idea for LFS and is to late...

Quote from Racon :

Rather than adverts, I think if we could get someone who is famous enough and known for driving to say "LFS feels more like the real thing than all the others", we'd get floods of new players. (Bottas would be the obvious choice with his time here).

We already have it,but not so famous like Pawel Trela and nothing changed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnPTckFbBo&t=2s

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :

LFS first needs the new tyre physics, the VWS released and more content added, and then from there either add content via devs and/or Mod Support implementation.

This is the point i agree/disagree.we need all things you talking about,
but how is at the end?people are more focus in having easy layouts( i watching people using the same ones on AU1 around years lolol),
looking good cars, easy to driving with unreal setups than learn it searching for what is LSD and others components about car to make setup realistic. Mod support implementation + some road shaders and others is the only way to "save" LFS with driving realism lost in time by users hands...

Im sad with this situation because is the only simracing i love play and i have more fun offline than online at moment Frown
Quote from Abone :This is the point i agree/disagree.we need all things you talking about,
but how is at the end?people are more focus in having easy layouts( i watching people using the same ones on AU1 around years lolol),
looking good cars, easy to driving with unreal setups than learn it searching for what is LSD and others components about car to make setup realistic. Mod support implementation + some road shaders and others is the only way to "save" LFS with driving realism lost in time by users hands...

Im sad with this situation because is the only simracing i love play and i have more fun offline than online at moment Frown

I think also newcomers get scared with the clutch simulation LFS has (altho I think some cars are clutch happy -I know how to shift tho, rev match life-). There should be a link when you first launch LFS that opens a browser with the Manual, or have the Manual added INTO LFS itself, that could work. Its countless to see newcomers burning the clutch in 2 seconds, because they are mostly used to powershift with no consequences, or overreving the engine and blowing it. Or first launching LFS and going straight into Multiplayer, not even doing a lap or two to see how things work on Offline.

Also LFS is the only sim I have seen that has a great support and vast options to tweak the mouse settings (Have been using mouse since 2011), I have been told that AC have mouse support, but I have yet to see this myself. I mean, the ideal would be to have a wheel ofc, but any decent wheel is still expensive here, and I have yet to update the PC I have.

Same here, I love playing LFS, but cruising 24/7 is kinda boring, and only race servers I see are GTi for the most part, and FBM is my only escape to GTis, I mean, its kinda redundant, as they are Demo servers.

I'd love to see racing come back alive and strong on LFS, like it was before. For now its just a distant dream Frown...
LFS is good with its ability to run on almost all PCs and physics, though it's going to die fast if it takes (literally) decades for vehicles to come out and the maps are tiny.
Quote from gigapouch :LFS is good with its ability to run on almost all PCs and physics, though it's going to die fast if it takes (literally) decades for vehicles to come out and the maps are tiny.

It's been dying slowly for ages, cargame's gone, the good leagues have gradually disappeared and it's quite rare that anything apart from CityDriving gets over 20 people.
Might be working on 2 one-off mega race events with UM21, hope the response is good, but otherwise... Adam said it all right there..
Quote from k_badam :It's been dying slowly for ages, cargame's gone, the good leagues have gradually disappeared and it's quite rare that anything apart from CityDriving gets over 20 people.

You could not be so wrong in your statement. unless you are only on about licensed servers as our demo servers are full most of the time and the main reason the licensed servers are empty is no-one wants to be the first on an empty server. when i race on our licensed servers people do join over a period time in which they notice

TV Commercials and Website Ads
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG