The online racing simulator
[TC] CityDriving Server Status
(62 posts, closed, started )
Quote from cargame.nl :With a loonngg history of [WKD] training, there is a lot more to be done then just blocking some range of IP numbers. The internet doesn't work like that. Heads up, glad that I am not involved in that kind of sh* anymore, it's not worth the time.

Better off anyway if the US drops finally -the bomb- .. Cleansweeping that sandpit.. Would be good.

Wow. Just freaking wow. You, sir, require some serious help. Haven't you already been "in the corner" here? You're confusing yourself with crappy racism and hacking. These are two different things, and the fact that this case is originated from "that sandpit" doesn't mean anything. It could have very well been a gloomy white person from any European country, that wouldn't have changed anything on the internet side. Disgusting.
Oh we have the French again, pulling randomly the racism card. Middle East is no race, dummy.

DDOS is also no "hacking", if you don't know what you are talking about, better stay quiet Wink

Quote from TwinySkyline :doesn't mean anything.

Yes it does.. Running more servers then you will ever do in your whole life.
Oh. I see. By "cleansweeping" you certainly meant to clean off the sand, as it is quite invasive. But then we're two to not get eachother's point, as I wasn't focusing my previous message on your knowledge (which I do not care about and wasn't putting in question), but rather on your behavior. I'm simply put aback to see that this kind of comment is allowed here.
Oh, and may I ask a question? What does having a french flag sticked next to my username have with any of this?
Stay on topic please...
Yes, to stay on topic, it's the best to blacklist the complete region as they have a nature to "solve" this matter like this all the time. Also between each other. Going on for years already.

And there is a "soft" blacklisting for it. What I did with latin America before.
All 3 CityDriving servers are down again and their names have been poached. Do not connect there.
I suggest an IP <-> servername lock for like 1 hour minimum.
Quote from cargame.nl :I suggest an IP <-> servername lock for like 1 hour minimum.

That's basically what I suggested to Victor. In case of a abnormal loss of connection, lock the name+ip for 12h, maybe 24. No need on normal shutdown.
That won't stop someone starting up "[TC] Official TC server, honest". We should have the prefix disallowed to all IPs except a preset or presets. Minimum length of 4(?) to stop people registering "[" or any other funny business.
Quote from chucknorris :That's basically what I suggested to Victor. In case of a abnormal loss of connection, lock the name+ip for 12h, maybe 24. No need on normal shutdown.

Bro, alcoholol is not a solution, servers will go up soon.
Why would anyone do this, its so **** sad.

honestly i hope they get caught for this
Potentially but obviously cannot confirm.
Wowzers, sorry to hear this is going on, on my old favorite hangout in LFS. Frown

Just this very night where I wanted to have some LFS fun for the first time in god knows how long.. And I see no [TC] servers and questioned myself HAVE THEY QUIT??? Luckily you guys didn't, but the reason the servers are offline is very, very saddening... Frown

Hope you guys find a solution soon and that we'll have time to do some catching up. Smile Missed you lads!

Cheers,
cholover7 / Rocky7up
I can see now many reasons for Cargame.nl answer things like his post. We try to help, but they simply ignore and never answer messages Wink
Not sure what you are referring about but this is not a topic where help is requested, is it?

Actually I never opened a topic like this, do not really see the point of it other then that it keeps the enemy motivated to get it's so desperately wanted attention.
Quote from Skinzinho :I can see now many reasons for Cargame.nl answer things like his post. We try to help, but they simply ignore and never answer messages Wink

What's that supposed to mean?

Quote from cargame.nl :Not sure what you are referring about but this is not a topic where help is requested, is it?

Actually I never opened a topic like this, do not really see the point of it other then that it keeps the enemy motivated to get it's so desperately wanted attention.

It was just to let players know what was going on with our servers. There was a lot of confusion initially and I wouldn't have normally done it but we felt it necessary to have a source of information people were more likely to trust.
Quote from cargame.nl :Not sure what you are referring about but this is not a topic where help is requested, is it?

No, it's not a help topic. I was just saying that now I understand your answers on this forum. I mean, I should learn to leave people with their own problems, instead try to help by myself. It's just something to myself Wink

Anyway... I wish TC the best, regarding this attack episode.
so shameful to see this from my fellow citizen, i hope things get back to normal soon as this matter ruined the fun for all of us,I hope things will get sorted out.
^^^
This is sad.

LFS community has gotten completely down by the devs not providing what the community wanted because "We want to run this way, no matter what!". No competitive racing anymore (with VERY, VERY few exceptions!), and now even cruise servers are getting attacked.

LFS is dead.

Just sad. Scavier will need to pull some set of miracles to get LFS to where it was. In other words, never. Now it's too late. LFS still is probably the best online racing platform available right now, as a base.
And the stubbornness of the devs have completely ruined it.

Rip LFS. Frown
Unsubscribe from this thread.
Eehh but this has nothing to do with the state of the sim / community. This happened three years ago also, remember?

It's more because of this dodgy "companies" offering bad products nowadays.
Quote from OTone :This is sad.

LFS community has gotten completely down by the devs not providing what the community wanted because "We want to run this way, no matter what!". No competitive racing anymore (with VERY, VERY few exceptions!), and now even cruise servers are getting attacked.

LFS is dead.

Just sad. Scavier will need to pull some set of miracles to get LFS to where it was. In other words, never. Now it's too late. LFS still is probably the best online racing platform available right now, as a base.
And the stubbornness of the devs have completely ruined it.

Rip LFS. Frown

That is only you by being elsewhere and talking about how lfs is dead lol.

And core player base will remain here.

Otherwise your reply is not required.
These are the users,who want LFS to die,so they can sing "I told you so" because the devs didn't do what these users wanted but went their own way. And these users also give their contribution to LFS getting less populated - many read this and think "it's not worth it to keep racing in LFS or buy it".
Yes,times are not as good as they were before,everyone knows it,noone denies it,but this is the kind of negativity we need least. Actually LFS as software is as good as it ever has been. In the "golden age" you could only dream about possibilities LFS offers now - like layout options,insim upgrades,setlap command etc. But it's not good enough for many,because if something costs more money,it must be better - only explanation of iR success (besides millions investments into advertisement).
This thread is closed

[TC] CityDriving Server Status
(62 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG