The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :I don't think the problem is in LFS.exe at all.

Because nslookup should work...

I think it's somehow either your computer or your ISP. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can help you debug it.

One thing you could try...

Add this line to your hosts file:
188.122.74.158 master.lfs.net

Thanks mate, I edited hosts file by adding above, but even doing so, I'm not able to unlock LFS.

If someone wants a S3 licence, send me PM.

Many, many thanks to all in helping me to try to solve this issue! =)
Quote from MrJoelAlonso :Thanks mate, I edited hosts file by adding above, but even doing so, I'm not able to unlock LFS.

If someone wants a S3 licence, send me PM.

Many, many thanks to all in helping me to try to solve this issue! =)

About that.... https://www.lfs.net/forum/rules
random guess: in your router's setting try changing IPv6 to IPv4 (or other way around)
Quote from MrJoelAlonso :If someone wants a S3 licence, send me PM.

That's not allowed, UNLESS you're giving it via voucher code.
It's got to be some simple thing.

It is *not* the fault of LFS. Proof : Why can't nslookup even get the answer...?

As Gutholz says, could it be you are trying to use IPv6?
-
(PusicDrift) DELETED by PusicDrift
Oh, yet different idea:
I googled this "Uncheckitprogram" mentioned in your hosts file. To me it looks like a malware-blocker that itself is malware. It is hard to even find the homepage of that program because all results are about "how to remove it."
The entries it added to hosts file seem okay but who knows what else it does. I'd get rid of that and possibly reinstall OS.

/edit
definately virus:
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/4ebbcac3e298d9f2f3a3dd1786db3933d629d42af90c03215a0caa904ec4fbfd/analysis/
Quote from Scawen :It's got to be some simple thing.

It is *not* the fault of LFS. Proof : Why can't nslookup even get the answer...?

As Gutholz says, could it be you are trying to use IPv6?

Yes, I'm sure it's some missing click here, or a chenge there... but I can't fugure it out.

and I beleive my ISP is not compatible with ipv6 lol
Quote from Gutholz :Oh, yet different idea:
I googled this "Uncheckitprogram" mentioned in your hosts file. To me it looks like a malware-blocker that itself is malware. It is hard to even find the homepage of that program because all results are about "how to remove it."
The entries it added to hosts file seem okay but who knows what else it does. I'd get rid of that and possibly reinstall OS.

/edit
definately virus:
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/4ebbcac3e298d9f2f3a3dd1786db3933d629d42af90c03215a0caa904ec4fbfd/analysis/

well, it seems avast let the windows open...
thanks guys! from a LFS unlock Issue to a Virus Infected PC... That escalated quickly

lol!
Welcome to LFSforum! Thumbs up
Welcome to the world of obsolete legacy operating systems like MS Windows. Big grin ... I still wonder why people stay on it.

Anyway, I can't help with *that*, but once your OS will be in fit shape, plus your ISP and router will have proper DNS, the nslookup should be able to resolve string "master.lfs.net" into IPv4 address (those 4 numbers with dots x.y.z.w ).

If your ISP DNS for some weird reason can't resolve it, you may also want to consider to use some other DNS (OpenDNS or GoogleDNS).

Once the DNS will resolve "master" into correct IP, then lfs.exe should work (if not, request more support here).

It's sort of weird that you can reach lfs.net, but not the third level local domain, then again I already forgot almost everything how DNS works, so maybe it has some inner logic, how half-functional DNS service can resolve the main one, but fail on sub-domains.
Quote from k_badam :... he's using a crack, bla bla bla

Maybe don't be so quick to make assumptions next time? kthxbye
#41 - Gunn
Same issue here except that I am connecting to the master server and getting a response. Never had any issues in the past. I get a message that my name and pass are confirmed then nothing changes. Game has not updated.
Hi Gunn, are you using your actual Gunn username? The master server reports that you are S3 licensed and have 3 unlocks remaining, so in theory it should work. That message about confirming name and password is what it normally says to demo racers.
#43 - Gunn
Quote from Scawen :Hi Gunn, are you using your actual Gunn username? The master server reports that you are S3 licensed and have 3 unlocks remaining, so in theory it should work. That message about confirming name and password is what it normally says to demo racers.

No I first tried updating one of my other accounts. But the unlocks are not being used up despite the server apparently confirming the account details. I have downloaded the manual update but have not yet patched in case you want more info on the anomaly.

*EDIT
OK, strange, I got it to update after a couple of tries. Seems to be OK now. I'll try my other accounts when I'm back home and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for your time.
I want the link to the unlcoker for 6r please :'(
Hi DriverN2.

You can buy a license here: https://www.lfs.net/shop

Hopefully the new license prices should seem reasonable in Jamaica and you'd be supporting our continuing development.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG