The online racing simulator
LFS 0.6r Unlock Issue (S3 License)
Hi guys, first of all nice to meet you all.

I can't get LFS 0.6r unlocked, firewall was set to allow LFS. As said in title, I bought S3 License few days ago, but it's impossible to get it unlocked.

I'm using User/Pass as I use in this forum.

Glad to hear from you.
Quote from MrJoelAlonso :I'm using User/Pass as I use in this forum.

This is the wrong part - you should use GAMEpassword to unlock,set it under personal details,you can get there by clicking on your username on the top of this page.
you need to set and use your GAME password in your user profile and use that Wink
haha lol

let's try. gimme 5 mins and I'll come back.
OK guys, nothing happened.

Tried my user name as it is and also without capslock (mrjoelalonso) together with GAME pass but same error was shown every time.

Please refer to attached file (yep, it's in Spanish lol).

Don't know what else to do.
Attached images
Sin título.png
go start -> run... type services.msc and hit [enter] on your keyboard, search for Windows Firewall in that list, turn off (stop) completely for a moment. (click on entry -> stop button).

then unlock and see if you can succeed.
Quote from cargame.nl :go start -> run... type services.msc and hit [enter] on your keyboard, search for Windows Firewall in that list, turn off (stop) completely for a moment. (click on entry -> stop button).

then unlock and see if you can succeed.

Thanks mate, but LFS keep showing same error.

Will try it againg tomorrow...
#8 - Ped7g
Just to make sure (if you were using some other ways to play LFS before), you have the official lfs.exe downloaded from lfs.net? Also can't it be you have modified /etc/hosts file (not sure where it is in windows) rerouting the lfs.exe to wrong master server IP?

Plus you may want to check this thread for some additional hints how to get more information:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/29454-Master-server-connection-problems
#9 - BeNoM
Quote from Ped7g : Also can't it be you have modified /etc/hosts file (not sure where it is in windows) rerouting the lfs.exe to wrong master server IP?

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" Wink (it has no extension, but it can be opened in Notepad(++))

OP try resetting/changing your game password, here: https://www.lfs.net/account/details
Quote :I'm using User/Pass as I use in this forum.

And same username on youtube?
Re-install from official download.
His Youtube channel's last upload was from 6 years ago, why does that matter here?
because the videos have non-demo content before having bought license and that makes modified game seem likely cause.
(wrong password would have given different message)
How do you know he was a demo user? You're literally just making random assumptions now with no evidence to back them up...
Quote from BeNoM :How do you know he was a demo user? You're literally just making random assumptions now with no evidence to back them up...

How gullible can you be? He literally said he bought his S3 licence a few days ago, fair enough, he could have another account but if he had a bloody account before this one then why would he buy another? Yeah, maybe he just wanted to support the devs but if he wanted to do that then why didn't he buy it in the first place or if he was administrating a race with two instances of LFS so he could check for people going over the pit lane line, oh, wait, i haven't seen any race at all with this guy as an admin.... He probably has a modified hosts file, which, would mean that he can't get into the legit master server.
He said he bought S3, he could've had S1 or S2 before buying S3.

Again, making stupid assumptions. You people literally have no proof he's using cracks, so stop claiming he is without any solid evidence.
Yes, he may have had S1/S2 but how would he have not had this problem before? Nothing changes in the LFS files when you get a licence upgrade...
Maybe he hasn't played LFS in years? Could be a network problem on his PC or he could be spelling his password incorrectly.
So, i purposefully cleared my passwords and username just to try this, and the error you get getting you password/user wrong is

You user name was not found
www.lfs.net
OK

then the pass:

GAME password does not match
www.lfs.net
OK

It could be a network problem but how would he post here? Maybe on phone but surely he would know if he had rubbish/no connection from not being able to access google or any other website for that matter.
btw, just to verify your DNS + hosts return correct IP (I think LFS is using only single instance of master server), my notebook targets this:

ped@ped:~$ ping master.liveforspeed.net
PING master.liveforspeed.net (188.122.74.158) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from s11.lfs.net (188.122.74.158): icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=36.9 ms

Hi guys, many thanks for taking this up.

Quote from Ped7g :Just to make sure (if you were using some other ways to play LFS before), you have the official lfs.exe downloaded from lfs.net? Also can't it be you have modified /etc/hosts file (not sure where it is in windows) rerouting the lfs.exe to wrong master server IP?

Plus you may want to check this thread for some additional hints how to get more information:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/29454-Master-server-connection-problems

Ped, thanks. Great info to take a look.

lfs.exe was downloaded from this page and it installed the demo version of LFS. After playing 15/30min in order to check that G27 was well set up, I came back to lfs.net and bought S3 License (bought it on Feb 01st).

After that I couldn't unlock it any more.

Quote from Gutholz :because the videos have non-demo content before having bought license and that makes modified game seem likely cause.
(wrong password would have given different message)

Quote from k_badam :How gullible can you be? He literally said he bought his S3 licence a few days ago, fair enough, he could have another account but if he had a bloody account before this one then why would he buy another? Yeah, maybe he just wanted to support the devs but if he wanted to do that then why didn't he buy it in the first place or if he was administrating a race with two instances of LFS so he could check for people going over the pit lane line, oh, wait, i haven't seen any race at all with this guy as an admin.... He probably has a modified hosts file, which, would mean that he can't get into the legit master server.

Quote from BeNoM :Maybe he hasn't played LFS in years? Could be a network problem on his PC or he could be spelling his password incorrectly.

Guys, as a reply to above quotes, yes. That channel you are looking at YT (MrJoelAlonso) was made 7/8 years ago, and those vids you were looking at were made using a cracked version of LFS. That YT account is no longer being updated by me or anyone else.

My new YT Channel (if you want to check it) is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgdYSk9pp5ve3POVHvdVTZw

Nowadays running a complete different PC (in fact on Feb 01st was the FIRST time LFS was installed in the PC I currrently use), my goal is to support devs to develope new contents and to support their efforts in keeping game up to date as I'm doing with Assetto Corsa, pCars, Automobilista and 10 other differents sims I bought via Steam.

Quote from Ped7g :btw, just to verify your DNS + hosts return correct IP (I think LFS is using only single instance of master server), my notebook targets this:

ped@ped:~$ ping master.liveforspeed.net
PING master.liveforspeed.net (188.122.74.158) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from s11.lfs.net (188.122.74.158): icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=36.9 ms

Ped, many thanks once again, will try that and lets see what happens.

Once again, many thanks guys for taking the time for reply in the thread and for taking this up.
Yes I agree it could be an entry in the hosts file, possibly if you have used a cracked version in the past.
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

And I agree you should try running a command line prompt and type:
ping master.lfs.net
...and see what IP address it tries to ping.
Quote from Scawen :Yes I agree it could be an entry in the hosts file, possibly if you have used a cracked version in the past.
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

And I agree you should try running a command line prompt and type:
ping master.lfs.net
...and see what IP address it tries to ping.

HI mate, good day.

This one below is the whole copy&past of host file

Quote :# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

# uncheckit_begin
# These rules were added by the Uncheckitprogram in order to block advertising software modules
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 # fix for traceroute and netstat display anomaly
0.0.0.0 tracking.opencandy.com.s3.amazonaws.com
0.0.0.0 media.opencandy.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.opencandy.com
0.0.0.0 tracking.opencandy.com
0.0.0.0 api.opencandy.com
0.0.0.0 api.recommendedsw.com
0.0.0.0 installer.betterinstaller.com
0.0.0.0 installer.filebulldog.com
0.0.0.0 d3oxtn1x3b8d7i.cloudfront.net
0.0.0.0 inno.bisrv.com
0.0.0.0 nsis.bisrv.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.file2desktop.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.goateastcach.us
0.0.0.0 cdn.guttastatdk.us
0.0.0.0 cdn.inskinmedia.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.insta.oibundles2.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.insta.playbryte.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.llogetfastcach.us
0.0.0.0 cdn.montiera.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.msdwnld.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.mypcbackup.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.ppdownload.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.riceateastcach.us
0.0.0.0 cdn.shyapotato.us
0.0.0.0 cdn.solimba.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.tuto4pc.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.appround.biz
0.0.0.0 cdn.bigspeedpro.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.bispd.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.bisrv.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.cdndp.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.download.sweetpacks.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.dpdownload.com
0.0.0.0 cdn.visualbee.net
# uncheckit_end

IN reference to ping, this is what I get (attached).
Attached images
ping.jpg
OK, I don't know what could give that error.

Two more questions:

1) Do you get proper results when you ping well known sites, such as:
ping www.google.com

2) How about nslookup:
nslookup master.lfs.net
Quote from Scawen :OK, I don't know what could give that error.

Two more questions:

1) Do you get proper results when you ping well known sites, such as:
ping www.google.com

2) How about nslookup:
nslookup master.lfs.net

Regarding ping google.com, all seems to be OK.

Now, with nslookup master.lfs.net there is something it dowsn't seems to be ok. my router is not founding master.lfs.net

Please find attached.

On the other hand, I'm downloading again the exe as to reinstall LFS (downloading from mirror #5, Netherlands I think it is)
Attached images
Sin título.jpg
I don't think the problem is in LFS.exe at all.

Because nslookup should work...

I think it's somehow either your computer or your ISP. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can help you debug it.

One thing you could try...

Add this line to your hosts file:
188.122.74.158 master.lfs.net

LFS 0.6r Unlock Issue (S3 License)
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG