The online racing simulator
Car Restriction
(13 posts, started )
Car Restriction
Is it possible to be able to use a command to change car restriction while on track?
If so, please tell me how.
There is no legal option to do this. Wouldn't be very realistic also wouldn't it?
The only way to achiev this is editing process memory, what isn't something easy.
Not sure if this can be your case, but you could add mass and/or restrict the intake for a car, in real time, sending a IS_HCP packet through InSim.
There are the following constraints, though:
- the InSim app must be connected with admin pass
- the changes affect all the drivers using that car

// HANDICAPS
// =========

// You can send a packet to add mass and restrict the intake on each car model
// The same restriction applies to all drivers using a particular car model
// This can be useful for creating multi class hosts

struct CarHCP // Car handicaps in 2 bytes - there is an array of these in the HCP (below)
{
byte H_Mass; // 0 to 200 - added mass (kg)
byte H_TRes; // 0 to 50 - intake restriction
};

struct IS_HCP // HandiCaPs
{
byte Size; // 68
byte Type; // ISP_HCP
byte ReqI; // 0
byte Zero;

CarHCP Info[32]; // H_Mass and H_TRes for each car : XF GTI = 0 / XR GT = 1 etc
};

Quote from Comomillo :in real time,

Not as far as I know. But I didn't experiment with this at all, because it affects all cars, as noted.
I tested. Otherwise I wouldnt have written it xD
Anyway it may work in a different way from what you could expect:
It sets the values on your car only if you were using lower ones. Otherwise no changes are made to your car.
#7 - BeNoM
You can do this with tweaks.
#8 - Racon
Wait, what? The HCP packet adds the handicap directly to the cars already out on track? I could be just noodling around the track while an insim is slowly adding a single percent of restriction each lap just for 'lolz'? If I can't get the feel of the corners right, it might be because some wiseguy with a script is adding 200kg to my car when I brake and taking it away again when I accelerate?

I admit I haven't yet looked properly at this packet, but I'd assumed it was a restriction-upon-joining type of deal. (You know what they say about assumptions!)
Yes, it does it live for everyone with the car specified in the packet.
This looks great, does it do well for being a replication to DRS? For example, there is a race on aston, and on the back straight, DRS is allowed, and the individual uses a command that gives that individual 0% engine restriction. Will it change for everyone? Or will it change for everyone?
This looks great, does it do well for being a replication to DRS? For example, there is a race on aston, and on the back straight, DRS is allowed, and the individual uses a command that gives that individual 0% engine restriction. Will it change for everyone? Or will it change for everyone?
It applies to every car of the type specified, you can't specify it by player.
Quote from truckloader :This looks great, does it do well for being a replication to DRS? For example, there is a race on aston, and on the back straight, DRS is allowed, and the individual uses a command that gives that individual 0% engine restriction. Will it change for everyone? Or will it change for everyone?

HCP packet will affect all connected players and cannot be pointed to a single player. This is to prevent InSim cheating, giving more change to some players to win a race, for example.

As I said, the only way to change car specs from a unique player (til today) is edit his LFS.exe memory allocations, what isn't something easy.

Car Restriction
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG