The online racing simulator
Car not shifting into gear using G920?
Hello,

Today i started setting up my wheel. I configured the gears with my shifter so when i put it in any gear it will show me wich gear "button" has been engaged. But when trying to use it in game it doesnt work at all?

My question is what are all of the settings that i have to tweak to get my steering wheel + pedals en shifter to work?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Robbert (aka Granny)
Check if your clutch is in manual mode. Clutch in this mode means the gear won't change from neutral to reverse or first unless you press the clutch pedal/button.

Also, check your current profile. Sometimes, changing from a profile to another, the controls change as well.

If you are trying to use the formula car available on Demo, I think it uses a sequential gearbox, what means only sequential buttons will work.
Quote from Skinzinho :Check if your clutch is in manual mode. Clutch in this mode means the gear won't change from neutral to reverse or first unless you press the clutch pedal/button.

Also, check your current profile. Sometimes, changing from a profile to another, the controls change as well.

If you are trying to use the formula car available on Demo, I think it uses a sequential gearbox, what means only sequential buttons will work.

Clutch is not on auto mode, i am using the Demo, cause i just got the game. I only have 1 profile made i believe.

The car im using now is the XF GTI not sure about that gear box. All the settings show every single pedal and button are working perfectly fine.

When in game my clutch pedal doesnt work!
do you wanna use axis clutch or button clutch??
if button, than set the button you wanna use
if axis, than maybe try to change Inverts (Oiptions > Controls > Wheels / Joystick > Axes / FF > Clutch)
and make sure that you have picked axis clutch, not button
Quote from BADLVBOY :do you wanna use axis clutch or button clutch??
if button, than set the button you wanna use
if axis, than maybe try to change Inverts (Oiptions > Controls > Wheels / Joystick > Axes / FF > Clutch)
and make sure that you have picked axis clutch, not button

I would like to use the pedal, i already had it set to Axis. Changing the Invert 1 - 0 doesnt do anything. Im not sure if its supposed to be that the bars on the right are full yellow but when pressed turn blue? Ingame i can also see that my clutch is stuck on half engaged? It shows the 3 bars CLUTCH - BREAK - THROTTLE and when nothing is touched clutch is already engaged 50%.
XF uses a common gearbox. It means if the most left bar (that 3 bars you mentioned) is fully filled, your gear should change.

If your clutch is being stucked on half way, it's another problem. Try to recalibrate/reconfigure the axis.
look, my settings

edit: dont look at those changed numbers, its because why wheel is a bit out of date Big grin Big grin
Attached images
opt.jpg
Looking the screen, your gear is set to be sequential. So, check the buttons you have configured for sequencial (shift up / shift down).

Also, look likes your clutch is "sharing" the axis with something else (Slider0/Slider1), and it's probably why you get the clutch in midstroke. Try to play with tha range.
Yeah, probably you have to change the "gearshift mode" to "shifter" that's what came to my mind first when i've read your first post.
guys, remember, that screen is from me and i dont have any problems Big grin
just posted it for GrannyWithA50Cal, thought maybe he sees something
Quote from BADLVBOY :guys, remember, that screen is from me and i dont have any problems Big grin
just posted it for GrannyWithA50Cal, thought maybe he sees something

Ohh, i guess i was still sleeping when i've posted my answer Taped Shut

Car not shifting into gear using G920?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG