The online racing simulator
Latest LFS versions compatible with older Replays?
Despite the fact that since 2012 I rarely play LFS, I still have my LFS installation since 2005...

I have 656 MPRs saved from 2005 to 2012, and I was in a nostalgic moment watching these replays here...

But since I'm on 0.6R version, a bunch of these MPRs are incompatible...

The first replay that I can play is from 12/12/2007, it was recorded on v0.5X30

But still there are lots of replays from 2008~2012 that I can't play, some say "OBSOLETE REPLAY", I believe these are MPRs on Blackwood

Also, the MPRs on WE don't show as obsolete, but when I try to play it the game crashes for obvious reasons (is this a bug or my game has something wrong from being updated numerous times since 2005? Isn't it supposed to say obsolete as BL MPRs and don't crash?)

So...

The latest version with the old BL I suppose is 0.6Q right?

What would be the lastest version with the old WE?

And what version would be compatible with replays before 12/12/2007?

Is there any place where I can download these versions?

Thanks in advance.
LFS 0.5Y, released in December 2007, introduced new tire physics, so any prior replays have been made obsolete. You might need 0.5X or even some earlier releases. The problem is that it might be impossible to log in to your S2 account due to some changes to the master server (I think).

The old Westhill has been replaced in the patch 0.6H, so 0.6G is the last version with the older spec.
I'd like to see a standalone version of LFS made solely for playing replays with all versions of tracks, cars and physics available. Would it be possible?
Quote from michal 1279 :I'd like to see a standalone version of LFS made solely for playing replays with all versions of tracks, cars and physics available. Would it be possible?

...and also the ability to select locations of skins_x, skins_y and mpr folders, so that they can be stored in online backed-up folders, etc.
Right now, LFS does not seem like the most sentimental game there is, unfortunately. You can have multiple folders for respective versions, but then you're tied to the limiations of the game at that period in time (no replay scrollbar, etc.).
Quote from michal 1279 :I'd like to see a standalone version of LFS made solely for playing replays with all versions of tracks, cars and physics available. Would it be possible?

I think it's too much job for something not very useful. This tool should emulate physics for all previous LFS versions (where the physics were different) and some other stuffs, like tracks differences. Will be a compile of all different versions in a single executable.

The easier way to get your replays back is download previous versions. Many of them still available on downloads page.
Quote from Ziomek21 :LFS 0.5Y, released in December 2007, introduced new tire physics, so any prior replays have been made obsolete. You might need 0.5X or even some earlier releases. The problem is that it might be impossible to log in to your S2 account due to some changes to the master server (I think).

The old Westhill has been replaced in the patch 0.6H, so 0.6G is the last version with the older spec.

Thanks, let's hope that I'll be able to login, do you know where I can find these versions?

Quote from Ziomek21 :...and also the ability to select locations of skins_x, skins_y and mpr folders, so that they can be stored in online backed-up folders, etc.
Right now, LFS does not seem like the most sentimental game there is, unfortunately. You can have multiple folders for respective versions, but then you're tied to the limiations of the game at that period in time (no replay scrollbar, etc.).

And also filters for tracks and cars would be very useful, for example, I have 656 MPRs, and I remember that LFSBR (league) had just one race on BL Rallycross, I wanted to watch the replay, but I don't have any idea when this race ocurred or what's the name of the MPR, so I need to click every single MPR (the arrows don't work) and read what track it's and the race duration to find a long race on BL Rallycross

Quote from Skinzinho :The easier way to get your replays back is download previous versions. Many of them still available on downloads page.

I can't find any old S2 version on the downloads page, just old S1 versions, am I looking in the wrong place?
#7 - Nilex
The latest of interest to you is X10. X version can be found if you search "LFS_S2_ALPHA_X" but the X to X10 patch is more difficult. Search "LFS_PATCH_X_TO_X10" and avoid shady sites. I managed to get a clean link as 9th result, on Saudi site no less.
Quote from Specht77 :Thanks, let's hope that I'll be able to login, do you know where I can find these versions?

Link sent via PM.

Quote from Specht77 :I remember that LFSBR (league) had just one race on BL Rallycross, I wanted to watch the replay, but I don't have any idea when this race ocurred or what's the name of the MPR

Take a look at the latest release of LFS Lazy - it has an enhanced replay browser. It might not work with the old Westhill versions - it needs to be checked.
Quote from Nilex :The latest of interest to you is X10. X version can be found if you search "LFS_S2_ALPHA_X" but the X to X10 patch is more difficult. Search "LFS_PATCH_X_TO_X10" and avoid shady sites. I managed to get a clean link as 9th result, on Saudi site no less.

Is it possible to login to S2 on X10? I downloaded X from the link Ziomek21 sent me, and I can't login

Quote from Ziomek21 :Link sent via PM.

Thanks, downloaded X, still need to find 0.6G, and how to unlock X

Quote from Ziomek21 :Take a look at the latest release of LFS Lazy - it has an enhanced replay browser. It might not work with the old Westhill versions - it needs to be checked.

Never used it, will take a look, thanks
Sorry for doublepost!

So, I found 0.6G here on my PC, don't need to download it

Buuut even with demo 0.5X, I copied the replays there, and turns out that 0.5X can play only replays newer than 18/06/2007, older replays are also tagged as "obsolete", it seems that I need a even older version
Quote :And also filters for tracks and cars would be very useful, for example, I have 656 MPRs, and I remember that LFSBR (league) had just one race on BL Rallycross, I wanted to watch the replay, but I don't have any idea when this race ocurred or what's the name of the MPR, so I need to click every single MPR (the arrows don't work) and read what track it's and the race duration to find a long race on BL Rallycross

To find specifique replays you can try to load all replays into LFS-points tool ( https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/31513 ) ,it can sort by track, car, finishers etc. It shows LFS version too.
I just tried it with 600+ replays and it only took half minute or so to load them. Not sure how it works with very old replays though.
Quote from Specht77 :Sorry for doublepost!

So, I found 0.6G here on my PC, don't need to download it

Buuut even with demo 0.5X, I copied the replays there, and turns out that 0.5X can play only replays newer than 18/06/2007, older replays are also tagged as "obsolete", it seems that I need a even older version

I have 0.6G for old Westhill and 0.6Q for old Blackwood, which is probably at least some of the obsolete replays.
-
(BlueRady) DELETED by BlueRady : Necropost

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG