The online racing simulator
Make us see, if someone's messages are blocked.
Ever typed a message to someone and no answer?
After the race, he unblocks messages, and you gotta repeat the same stuff?

My suggestion is: add in connections list, two letters "B" maybe.
Which light up in yellow, when you block messages (depends on block just messages or everything).
Maybe same thing as when you SS to someone. But rather than SS|S, you'll have B|B. (or something else, doesn't matter)
Ummm.... I might have got it what is your purpose to mean in this topic. But...

I dunno, I do like idea, but also I do not like. I think this should be option for servers. Option to allow blocking messages. All/Racers/Select/Default or any. And have possibility to check on each racer connected by blocking him / Muting him.

Okay, minor things, but who knows, might be okay. Though personally I would see this as useful for me. Especially if I definitely not gonna read rubbish in chat. Or any.

+1
I don't agree. We should be able to always block chat.
If this gets optioned by servers, would become rubish.
But definitely would be great, if we could see, who has blocked his chat.
That way, we will save time, nerves and wont bother writing them, till they unblock it, eventually.
Quote from r3zp3k7 :I don't agree. We should be able to always block chat.
If this gets optioned by servers, would become rubish.
But definitely would be great, if we could see, who has blocked his chat.
That way, we will save time, nerves and wont bother writing them, till they unblock it, eventually.

why this would get as rubbish?
Because. I repeat.
You should always be able to block your chat.
That should be an available in-game option always. (as it is atm)
Would get rubish, if some servers don't allow that.

Though, you maybe mean, if server admins could mute someone.
I personally prefer to kick annoying people, best option, if you ask me.
Because that really makes them shut up, if you mute someone.
You'll just make him angry and sooner or later, you'll have to kick him.

Maybe an ignore option, just for one player, not all, would be great too.
But still, if someone is ignored, he should be able to know that somehow.
So he doesn't bother to type anything, to the guy who has blocked him.

Cmon, no one agrees, that this is legit? (small, but useful, my opinion)

Up, up!
#6 - lucaf
.+1
Quote from r3zp3k7 :Because. I repeat.
You should always be able to block your chat.
That should be an available in-game option always. (as it is atm)
Would get rubish, if some servers don't allow that.

Though, you maybe mean, if server admins could mute someone.
I personally prefer to kick annoying people, best option, if you ask me.
Because that really makes them shut up, if you mute someone.
You'll just make him angry and sooner or later, you'll have to kick him.

Maybe an ignore option, just for one player, not all, would be great too.
But still, if someone is ignored, he should be able to know that somehow.
So he doesn't bother to type anything, to the guy who has blocked him.

Cmon, no one agrees, that this is legit? (small, but useful, my opinion)

Up, up!

In what kind of racing servers you have been? get off from kiddie servers! Or block them right away, but then we go to this issue I mentioned.

Why to even having a chat during race? just press - and drive. I see there is private issue under this topic. I do understand though your purpose of this, but still, I bet you have been in wrong community.

I was remembering, this option was a critical need in 2006-2009. If those similar times comes back though, then I strongly agree you. However, it is all about what kind of community you are in. I know people in this community who I like or dislike, and vice versa. Usually keeping ourselves off from each other, joining/building own community.

As people have left from LFS, some communities have melted together. Others just having a gentle line drawn on surface. Being as good neighbours-like, but keeping of course own privacy on own territory. If it is not in one or another reason good, usually we switch to elsewhere. And no need to block/mute/kick/ban anybody and so on. Sometimes we even have a visit on somewhere else, curiousity comes sometimes strong.

So I ask, where you come from? ( Not meaning where you live or anything like that as commonly asked ) I want to know as I see technically hatred in this topic.
hatred?

I fully agree with him. No idea why you are so against him (partly because its getting late here / tired) but eehhh to get back to topic start.. What you want can be done with InSim. "blocked messages unblocked messages" is a global message which can be tracked by InSim, further chat analyses can be done and a private warning can be send to someone who tries to communicate with a blocked user.

I would have liked to implement that myself and had lots of other ideas but well... Quite pointless now with this low active userbase.

Maybe someone else is still motivated to do this. I would say, have fun Thumbs up
Quote from cargame.nl :hatred?

I fully agree with him. No idea why you are so against him (partly because its getting late here / tired) but eehhh to get back to topic start.. What you want can be done with InSim. "blocked messages unblocked messages" is a global message which can be tracked by InSim, further chat analyses can be done and a private warning can be send to someone who tries to communicate with a blocked user.

I would have liked to implement that myself and had lots of other ideas but well... Quite pointless now with this low active userbase.

Maybe someone else is still motivated to do this. I would say, have fun Thumbs up

I do agree him partially, but I see it in other side, that's why I mostly disagree. There is actually more points to argue here with several different methods, but topic is not towards to those. Besides, all I did was revealing my somewhat strong opinion about what I think. As I tried to say in other words, I do not go there, if I do not want there certain features/people/any. Same goes for everyone, including me, you, him and everybody else.

I stop posting on this topic now. After all, the suggestion is strongly told as purposes.
I do like this idea of an indicator to show when someone is blocking messages - +1 - but in addition, it would be good to give admins the ability to override the block in order to tell the driver when they are doing something wrong. The only option right now is to kick them without explanation, which could potentially open a whole new can of worms...

I've never tried before, but if anyone can tell me; does the message block function also include pm's?
It does not block PM's (also known as Airio InSim private message chatlines).. But.. There is - and shift and -

- Toggle Block / Unblock All Chat Messages
SHIFT+- Toggle Block / Unblock All Messages including game messages

( http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Keys )

If someone does SHIFT+- you absolutely do not see any line appearing anymore.
Quote from Shirtkicker :I do like this idea of an indicator to show when someone is blocking messages - +1 - but in addition, it would be good to give admins the ability to override the block in order to tell the driver when they are doing something wrong. The only option right now is to kick them without explanation, which could potentially open a whole new can of worms...

I've never tried before, but if anyone can tell me; does the message block function also include pm's?

"x (un)blocked messages" is an indicator, no?

Private messages (implemented by an insim) would work unless the player blocked all messages instead of just chat messages.

Alternatively, RCMs will work as long as the player is on track and viewing their own car, or insim buttons will be visible (and you can detect when shift-I is pressed to redisplay.)
Quote from PeterN :"x (un)blocked messages" is an indicator, no?

Not really
1. You don't see it while the messages are blocked
2. It's in the chat so chances are it will be quickly lost
3. That also means that it's hard to keep track of it

i agree that a flag in the connection list for this would be useful
Quote from PeterN :"x (un)blocked messages" is an indicator, no?

As Johneysvk said, it can get lost in chat very easily - especially mid-race when you are concentrating. While in VR, it can be difficult to keep track of chat, as it can feel even further out of your field of view, thanks to the lens-blur toward the edges of your vision. If I'm locked into a good battle, I may not pay any attention to the chat at all for several minutes...

Cargame: thanks for the info Smile
I agree with the idea. Should be something useful at least for server admins. Also, a "bypass" functions for admins to talk with players who blocked the messages will be good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG