The online racing simulator
Editor: Curved objects.
(14 posts, started )
I've seen that layout makers (and myself) are trying to make jumps, loops, wall-riding and many more with only flat objects. The problem is that often destroys suspensions, and there's no way to fix it.

The only real solution to that is to have curved objects. Like a concrete block (another slab-like) where you can decide the curvature in degrees, and length, width, inclination, etc, like actual concrete wall or slab.

That could open a lot of possibilities.
I think there should be Slabs that curve upwards and downwards then other ones that curve left and right but don't curve up or down. Then walls that curve like previously mentioned slabs. Ofcourse only IF it's possible to add such objects.
I think this new "concrete" Objects Destroy LFS totally! Bevor this Content LFS was much much better! Now there are more Kids as "Real" Driver Online!
+1
Quote from Stölzel :I think this new "concrete" Objects Destroy LFS totally! Bevor this Content LFS was much much better! Now there are more Kids as "Real" Driver Online!

Matter of taste
Quote from Stölzel :I think this new "concrete" Objects Destroy LFS totally! Bevor this Content LFS was much much better! Now there are more Kids as "Real" Driver Online!

I'm not sure if you mean that concrete accentuates bad driving, or that more creative layouts are attracting a wider audience. For better or worse, it's a swell in our community's population, and that's ultimately a good thing imo.

oh, and +1 for curved objects!
Quote from Shirtkicker :I'm not sure if you mean that concrete accentuates bad driving, or that more creative layouts are attracting a wider audience. For better or worse, it's a swell in our community's population, and that's ultimately a good thing imo.

oh, and +1 for curved objects!

I think lfs limitations ATM won't give us more advanced layout objects yet. But in future... In future

+1 for comment
+ 1
+1, but I would be glad enough if we get at least 1000x1000m of empty flat map for now...
I can't even rework those tiny Formula E circuits because all autocross and parking areas are too small for them :/
+1 for curved objects
Quote from michal 1279 :+1, but I would be glad enough if we get at least 1000x1000m of empty flat map for now...
I can't even rework those tiny Formula E circuits because all autocross and parking areas are too small for them :/

Actually, I would prefer 5000 x 5000m
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Actually, I would prefer 5000 x 5000m

The bigger the better, anything above 1 km^2 is something I can work with, just a flat surface, doesn't even need parking lot textures... How hard would it be to implement?? Shrug
Would be nice though to have something big, flat surface and also big, elevated surface.... Hmm, I wonder if Autocross would be the one if getting updated in some point. Probably

EDIT: The point as on my thought is that I highly doubt LFS Development team would be a pretty dull. Wink This, however has nothing to do in 8,5 year development of tire physics, as they have simply stated that is highest priority. I am pretty sure the fun lies behind in new tire physics as well. I think the future of Live For Speed will be once again good, which will become better, and hopefully will be the best. Regardless of being a fanboy or not, but after all these years, I have still found out pretty new things on LFS. Even flat out kind of layouts would have nothing to do with that.

Back to work as well, haha!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hmm, I wonder if Autocross would be the one if getting updated in some point. Probably

I've often thought it weird that you couldn't drive from the carpark to the skidpad and through to the dragstrips - it seemed, to me at least, like getting rid of all those pesky gates would be the most obvious thing...

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG