The online racing simulator
General: 9397 Racing server
(54 posts, started )
Oh nice feedback, thanks! Yes, I definitely want to see championship happening, after I have made enough circuits (5-10). That will take still time.
If you need a track I could knock one up Tongue haha
I can only RECOMMEND joining this host, layouts are amazing and very challenging for the driver, which is good, because once you start it, its tough to leave Tongue
Those layouts remind of small South City tracks, where every mistake counts ... focus or you'll end up on roof or in sidewall.
Really great work you've done there lucaf!! Thumbs Up Thumbs up

Cya there!!
9397 Racing Newsletter #1 - 15.2.2017

What is this server about?
Spontaneous one man's project without serious visions, just having some fun while sitting on computer

What is going on behind the curtain?
  • I have been doing layouts on Blackwood industrial area. Currently ~5 released, ~2 waiting to be released, and probably around 5 on idea-level
  • I opened Youtube channel for posting replays from server and info about server layouts etc.
  • I plan to boost my PC because currently I have big FPS issues when recording MPR->MP4
  • I plan to open webpage for A) explanation of different layouts running on my server B) displaying datasheets for all layouts, cars, top times driven by racers. If anyone of you have ideas of free (or cheap) webpages, please tell me. (Hmm...could this be solved with Google Sheets and Google Docs?)
What racing events I plan to organize during 2017
  • mixed track championship (I have 4 mixed track layouts from FernBay and Blackwood, I mean layouts where you drive both on tarmac and dirt).
  • Blackwood industrial championship
  • 90 lap BL1 Demo race, the "100% fuel race" as was held last year
  • maybe something else?
Currently the major challenge on organizing events is, my unpredictable real life, that does not allow me to plan any kind of calendar. So I don't know what will happen, and how I will manage this challenge.

What is now top-priority?
I keep on doing BL layouts as long as new ideas keep coming. After that I go through my mixed track layouts and finetune them. Then maybe I cannot resist to do some layouts on Westhill area. At the same time I try to have those damn web pages so I can publish Airio top tables by car/track there.

Thanks for reading!
Quote from lucaf : If anyone of you have ideas of free (or cheap) webpages, please tell me.

What about a Wordpress site? Your basic website/blog is completely free, totally modifiable, and if you have a bit of html & css knowledge you don't need to pay for any of their premium options, and there's masses of (mostly free) widgets and plugins to add just about any other functionality you need.

We use it quite a lot at work for clients who don't have a large budget, but still want a fully designed and branded site with full CMS functionality.

If you are prepared to pay for your own domain and hosting, you can even run your WP site from there without any hassles, or migrate it there at a later date...
Thumbs up
Please, take a look of current layouts running on my server. Each layout is running 1-3 days, then change. When you click layout name, it will open in new page where picture bigger and Airio top-times printed on page.

https://9397racing.wordpress.com/bl-industrial/

Stay tuned, I am planning some events...
Thumbs upThumbs up
Your BL industrial layout rocks.
This server is indeed a good concept of fun, instead of blankly race on tracks, why not layouts?

^Agree on that one, yesterday's layout was very good, felt like an go-kart.

Keep it up lucaf Omg omg omg

P.S: Im Cyandicâ„¢ btw lulz
Thanks mates. We have had really fun races during nights (downside is, you should be on computer during night, instead of sleeping Big grin - or maybe Im just living in wrong timezone Big grin)

I've been asked if my layouts can be copied and re-used. Yes, as long as its ok to you, that I may also copy & re-use something your stuff. Go on, lets create activity!
New layout running. Yesterday was already popular even we found out some corners could/should be implemented better.

So today I refactored those corners (including last slippery curve before finish lane, now more spacious & less grass) - laptimes should drop now 0.1s-0.4s, my apologies to all who put big effort yesterday on making good lap records. This video also includes demonstration of custom pits used on my BL4X layouts.

Link to layout homepage https://9397racing.wordpress.com/bl4x_boreas/

Thanks for supporting me to improve layouts. Ideas from microspecv, kamranm3, feedback from badlvboy, smashmolth and who else I may forgot
Quote from lucaf :New layout running. Yesterday was already popular even we found out some corners could/should be implemented better.

Pleasure helping with the kerby bits Smile
Sweet layout as ever!
I like it as well, well done Smile
I am refactoring this layout to be activate after friday's event. I wonder if I should remove a banking from one curve. What do you say guys who often visit my serv?

(in the vid at 01:00)

Currently the banking makes it possible to enlarge the outer curve
Quote from lucaf :I am refactoring this layout to be activate after friday's event. I wonder if I should remove a banking from one curve. What do you say guys who often visit my serv?

It's a quite fast turn, to be honest, so this time I'd vote for the banking to stay. (Otherwise, as you might already know, I hate these artificial things Smile )
9397 Racing Newsletter 23.5.2017
9397 Racing Newsletter 23.5.2017

----content cancelled
9397 Racing server will be closed summer 2017.

Main reason is this and currently I don't have motivation to think any plans for the future since I will soon go to summer holiday.

Feel free to use/reuse/enjoy my Blackwood Industrial layouts in the way you like.
That's sad to hear but understandable if so much work is lost. Frown

I hope you have a good holiday and come back with new motivation. Big grin
Darn it!
Frown hope it's back at some point, enjoy the holiday mate!

General: 9397 Racing server
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG