Release Date - Scirocco vs Half-Life 3
(47 posts, closed, started )
Guys, you can bet here Omg omg omg .

Waiting for HL3 since 2007.
Waiting for Sirocco since 2008.

Which will be released sooner? Dead banana
They said HL3 won't be made Rofl
Why do so many care about the Scirocco? It's not really the most fun car to race anyway. When it gets released,it will be driven for 2 weeks intensively (oh,wooaaaw,new car,awsum),then it will be partially forgotten. I bet it will never get between top half of the most used cars in LFS.
I don't want to drive Scirocco.... Its boring.
And yet you care enough to create this useless thread...
Yes
I don't know. By what Scawen said, the Scirocco is finished. Only the new tire physics are holding it back from release.

(And yes, you can technically consider this a +1 post, but I just wanted to give my 2 cents on this)
When Scirocco will be out we will get :
- the car, ofc
- new tires physics
- ESP
Petals
Scirocco will deserve some handbrake shots.
To be serious, it should be relatively easy to drive and is a real model, I suppose it will be used quite much (it will not take the lead over the GTi anyway)
I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Big grin
Quote from Scawen :I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Big grin

You can definitely count on that! Big grin

I don't get the hype for it, what I want to see is the new tyres physics and then a brand new graphics engine, with Physically Based Rendering, High Dynamic Range (in engine with tone-mapping and monitor HDR support) and all that good stuff. Smile
Scawen, which engine are you using? are you using the engine from the Scirocco R or a tdi or what?
it was said to be the 2.0L TFSI (200bhp)
I'm not sure, but for a quick answer, here's how it looks in LFS.
Attached images
scirocco.png
It is still decent amount of bhp, it will be a car on it's own between the XF GTi / XR GT | XR GT Turbo / RB4 GTR / FXO Turbo

EDIT: I can imagine how that car will be customised via air-intake and weight restrictions to match to GTi, OR matching it for TBO cars decreased power to there...
Yeah, it should be nice to drive. Only with the current tyre physics, we had to use unrealistic setups to make the car handle well. That's the good thing, it showed up flaws in the tyre physics. The bad thing is it ended up taking years to develop the new tyre physics, and I took some wrong turns during that development. Also changed lifestyle in various ways during that time, LFS went through a quiet period.

Anyway it seems to me we are back on track, working hard on new things and LFS is having a gradual resurgence which will be helped by further developments we are working on and ones we aren't even working on yet.
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, it should be nice to drive. Only with the current tyre physics, we had to use unrealistic setups to make the car handle well. That's the good thing, it showed up flaws in the tyre physics. The bad thing is it ended up taking years to develop the new tyre physics, and I took some wrong turns during that development. Also changed lifestyle in various ways during that time, LFS went through a quiet period.

Anyway it seems to me we are back on track, working hard on new things and LFS is having a gradual resurgence which will be helped by further developments we are working on and ones we aren't even working on yet.

Obviously. This almost 8,5 years as it have took and probably will take some extra time as well, time have been flying... now we just wait when playerbase gets back on the track and we will have some 24/7 racing activity.

Then more content, more cool features and fun begins. I ran already 2100 object limit on autocross layouts haha!

meanwhile in these years, I also have found some other ways to measure and make autocross layouts as smooth as possible. Now with this monster, I tried both small and smooth. Not perfect, but close enough

EDIT: psst, by the way, it is smooth circle of 3/4, the thing you see on pic is optical illusion. the "wall" section is impossible to make smooth due cant make 1.00x(0.25-4.00)xwidth objects, minimum length/width is indeed 2.0 and slope up to 4.00 ( meters )
Attached images
loop.jpg
I think the issue with the Scirocco is less about the car, but a about the long period of time with no visible progress that followed the announcement. I guess that if the Devs had known how long the tire physics would take they'd had done a few things differently.

Let's wait and see what the future brings... updated cockpits hopefully as well Big grin
Quote from three_jump :I think the issue with the Scirocco is less about the car, but a about the long period of time with no visible progress that followed the announcement. I guess that if the Devs had known how long the tire physics would take they'd had done a few things differently.

Let's wait and see what the future brings... updatetd cockpits hopefully as well Big grin

and rallypack! Tongue
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :and rallypack! Tongue

I'm pretty sure that with that with westhill and now blackwood you can already build a few rallye stages of your own Tongue
Quote from Scawen :I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Big grin

I find it funny she has more common sense about the VWS fuss than some members of this car based community, who should definitely know, what this car is in reality. Smile
If you give the Scirocco an engine/set that isn't what it's supposed to be then what's the point of letting out an official car in the first place. "Must as well strap on a rocket booster, said Jim".

At least we're going to get an actual realistic Road car in LFS, fussing over how it should perform.... drive it yourself first Rofl

(wait begins... Smile )
lol
I remember years ago saying the Scirocco would be the last car I would drive when the tire physics update is released because I would be more curious to see the comparison in the handling with classic LFS cars instead of this new sub-TBO FWD that I like nevertheless. Another thing was supposed to be implemented when the tire physics were first discussed: realistic setups limitations. That got me just as much hyped as the physics itself.

On topic: Half-Life3 has never been promised. Half-Life² ep3 however was promised, announced, and was thrown in the garbage while all H-L fans around the world where left in the nether after the huge cliffhanger that the end of episode2 was and the silence that followed. Valve more than had the manpower to deliver their promise and finish this series on the very same engine of other HL2 games but they got lazy/scared/over- ambitious.. or just turned out loving their marketplace more than making games.

I would bet the Scirocco would release way before anything Valve release with the number 3 on it. Not because I don't believe Valve will ever release them, but because LFS seems to have some serious development momentum recently!

Here's a nice (depressing) article on HL3: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/11/searching-for-half-life-3.aspx
This thread is closed

(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG