The online racing simulator
BL Pits too far in
(16 posts, started )
BL Pitboxes - Move them farther out
I happened to realize that everytime I race at BL and use the pits, they are so damn close to the pit garages. If you look at most circuits (that have wide pitlanes like this), they are much farther out to leave room for pitcrew and such. But still, even if we do not have pitcrews, we should at least have the pitboxes moved farther out. Currently, people leaving the garages can hit you, you are really close the garage walls which can send you flying, and from the main driving pitlane... it is such a long turn to come into the pitbox that you find people driving ON the pitboxes (or not driving in the main lane in general) just to make it easier.

The same could apply for many other tracks where there is more room too (if possible)

Just look at the screenshot
Attached images
bl_pits.jpg
true, thats true for all tracks on LFS actually

and on most tracks otherwise, there is ALWAYS always always a wall between the pit boxes, and the pit area itself, incase of well.. basically anything that is life threatening with so much going on, but that would mean eric would have to completely redo the pit area, and remove the pit garages and make a wall in its place, and have a hole in the pitwall and move the garages around back

well.. not sure if its like that everywhere else in the world, but majority of the tracks i've seen that have multiple pit stops (in this case, this would concern the kyoto ring) dont have garages at all, just the semi and the tent cover
:rolleyes: Stop talking about the garages (they are fine), this is about the pit boxes :doh:

*cough* to XC's 2nd reply (Look at Eurospeedway which Kyoto is based off of)
im just saying..

hey, alot of people pay attention to this stuff

just think about what the world would be like if that apple never fell from the tree when newton was watching it

okay its not that severe, but it would look much better that way, because i cant say i've ever seen a pit area with garages like that on an oval track (indianapolis is a special track though since other cars are raced there..)

usually its only oval tracks, i think it is a requirement? possibly for architects to lay out garage areas for tracks other than ovals

(thats my guess atleast, because if you look at ovals with internal tracks, they usually have garages, but tracks otherwise.. dont)
Hmm, i've noticed that too.

In F1 there is always room between the garage and where the driver stops, not sure exactly how this is for smaller non-international tracks but it seems to be the case for the international ones.
XCNuse watch Formula 1. They have open garages in front of the stop area. Most european tracks are that way. US tracks have a wall beside the stop area though (ovals and tracks for nascar, Champ car, Indy).
Yeah, moving the boxes to the middle of the lighter strip would be better placed.
#8 - aoun
+1

I think they should be moved to the first post.. Think wat will happen when we got pit crews ever did. Might as well change them now..
It actually looks like the pits were designed to be where you edited the screenshot.
Would be much much better if they would be moved there
I think it would be better for the future to place them in the middle of the two suggested spots.

Because if we will get a pitcrew sometime, they would be standing pretty much in the pitroad already.
+1 for Tweak's suggestion.
That's where the pits should be.

Just open a poll ad see what happens.
See the balcony up on the garage? You're supposed to see the guys working on the car from there.

As it is now (according to the posted picture) they can't see the pitcrew doing their work because the stopping area it's right under their feet! If they moved them where the picture also suggested, then they'd be in front of them... where it should be.

Just another reason to back up the initial request, which I find to be absolutely correct.
Interesting point
It's probably the stupidiest reason I could come up with, but it works.

BL Pits too far in
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG