The online racing simulator
the meeting room
(17 posts, started )

Poll : the meeting room

no never
occasionaly
yes most of the time
the meeting room
i have noticed that, whenever im looking through the server list, thee is hardlys ever anyone using the "meeting room" function at the top of the screen. do you ever use it?
nevah!

(and again I have improvement suggestion: why not combine the meeting room and the lfsworld shoutbox?)

oops
Sometimes. I tend to go from an MSN conversation to the meeting room where the final decision on which server is made. But it's quite rare.
I've only used it once, and that was when I first met and raced KSheppard :P Great race, too.
i have only been in it once,i typed some random stuff and left
Quote from tristancliffe :Sometimes. I tend to go from an MSN conversation to the meeting room where the final decision on which server is made. But it's quite rare.

Me too. I can see all the servers there and others even see which host I join, quite handy I'd say.
#7 - ebola
I remember once someone was in there for ages and it sparked a bit of a mystery here on the forums, the name escapes me at the moment though.

Was it Scawens g/f name spelt backwards or something?
I have used it on the rare occasion a number of friends are online, but not on an IM provider.

I think it should remain in existence.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from ebola :I remember once someone was in there for ages and it sparked a bit of a mystery here on the forums, the name escapes me at the moment though.

I think, it was an account, more than 1 people had the pass for and the one, who was always in there, didnt want the others to play. I think, it was sth like this, lol. IIRC, the nick was rkiller.

I also use the meeting room for making the decision, which server to join with some other people sometimes.
If we are some danish guys racing together, on a server, and we decide to find more action another place, then we often meet there. Then some of us is going server searching and finding a new raceserver to join. From that place you can see what server he joined, and then join yourself.

For that it is superb.
Else, I do not use that meeting room.
Quote from ebola :I remember once someone was in there for ages and it sparked a bit of a mystery here on the forums, the name escapes me at the moment though.

Quote from zeugnimod :I think, it was an account, more than 1 people had the pass for and the one, who was always in there, didnt want the others to play. I think, it was sth like this, lol. IIRC, the nick was rkiller.

Dlareg! Time to read that thread again methinks

I never use it, but only because nobody is ever there. I find it quite surprising actually considering how many people are usually online.

There must be some reason for it. Maybe they just don't notice the button? I only occasionally have a look but I have only ever seen at most two people there. And one of them told me to 'f**k off' as soon as I entered as well
Quote from andy29 :Dlareg! Time to read that thread again methinks

Ah that was an interesting read, thanks I think I was doing xfg at bl2 with normals on with my cousin back then. My first few meters in LFS
Maybe if it was scaled down a little bit to give more room back to the server list and became a permanent part of the screen that auto-joined whenever you were at that screen it would be utilised more.
what what what? I've never noticed a meeting room?

Damn, that's awesome. I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't noticed it though... perhaps you should join that 'lobby' as soon as you choose 'multiplayer game'? Many games and server browsers do this.
Meeting room is useful. Please don't get rid of it, or even think of doing so.

Usually there are times where a group of people will be on a server and then want to arrange their own server or goto another server. The meeting room is a quick and easy place to discuss such things, choose a server and talk before entering a server, so everyone can move on to playing together.

I don't use it often, but it is a real handy feature to have for an "online" racing game. Without it, you'd lose one feature of the whole "online" approach anyways.
Quote from andy29 :Dlareg! Time to read that thread again methinks

I never use it, but only because nobody is ever there. I find it quite surprising actually considering how many people are usually online.

There must be some reason for it. Maybe they just don't notice the button? I only occasionally have a look but I have only ever seen at most two people there. And one of them told me to 'f**k off' as soon as I entered as well

Yeah that was it that was quite funny
Quote from tristancliffe :Sometimes. I tend to go from an MSN conversation to the meeting room where the final decision on which server is made. But it's quite rare.

What he said.

the meeting room
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG