The online racing simulator
Anything interesting going on in S1-S3 servers?
As a long time demo racer, I had tons of fun in LFS in the past years and I will most likely buy S3 just to support developers.

I would still like to know if there is anythings going on in S1-S3 servers. I recently checked populated servers and 90% of them are demo servers. Is there any active racing community besides demo servers?
Yesterday i jumped on the B2R GTi server, still quite lively, but to be honest, currently it's mostly 1-3 populated race servers a day with some more servers doing cruise and being full a lot of the time.
#3 - BeNoM
Cruise servers are full 3/4 of the time
Quote from BeNoM :Cruise servers are full 3/4 of the time

I saw that, but I forgot to mention that I am interested in pure racing. No cruise, no drift.
There are still few leagues if you're interested in organized racing - check out the leagues section.
In order to get more licensed people online, we have now reduced the LFS prices for lower earning countries. There are quite a few licenses being bought now, so I hope that that will work. The best thing to do is get online. There are too many people around saying they want to go online but there aren't enough people online. I think you can see the solution here! Big grin
If you love for racing with speed themed thing, check more this thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89282-MTDZX--Flat-Out%21

It is not that popular, right now server is empty, but sometimes it can gather 10 or even more people to server. ( People are waiting more for fixes and addons for insim )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :( People are waiting more for fixes and addons for insim )

What are the things they are waiting for?

I don't follow all the discussions here, specially while I'm trying to focus on tyre physics, so I have probably missed things. But it would be good to know if InSim needs fixes or important updates.
Quote from Scawen :What are the things they are waiting for?

I don't follow all the discussions here, specially while I'm trying to focus on tyre physics, so I have probably missed things. But it would be good to know if InSim needs fixes or important updates.

The problem is in fact not a problem. LFS has enough InSim support , they might be referring that creating an InSim client is not quite easy and that is very understandable
Quote from Scawen :In order to get more licensed people online, we have now reduced the LFS prices for lower earning countries. There are quite a few licenses being bought now, so I hope that that will work. The best thing to do is get online. There are too many people around saying they want to go online but there aren't enough people online. I think you can see the solution here! Big grin

The problem is other than Rockingham being added not to long ago people are finding it hard to get motivated to play LFS any more with the current cars and tracks they haven't been much change on that side since S2 got released hell the only servers i see populated nowadays are the xfg/xrg on track rotation and the tracks on there are the same ones over and over, i'm not having a rant that we need new content but i'm just stating that even if you do sell more licenses which is a good thing but it's very hard for new racers to stick to lfs in the long term to build their overall speed up which takes a very long time and alot of dedication which is not going to be easy since there isn't many servers up running all type off combos.
Quote from rc10racer :The problem is other than Rockingham being added not to long ago people are finding it hard to get motivated to play LFS any more with the current cars and tracks they haven't been much change on that side since S2 got released hell the only servers i see populated nowadays are the xfg/xrg on track rotation and the tracks on there are the same ones over and over, i'm not having a rant that we need new content but i'm just stating that even if you do sell more licenses which is a good thing but it's very hard for new racers to stick to lfs in the long term to build their overall speed up which takes a very long time and alot of dedication which is not going to be easy since there isn't many servers up running all type off combos.

Co-sign, all we see are no wind GTI races, mostly on non-open configurations. Hardly any action in the forgotten TBO and LRF classes... You can change the weather and it feels kinda nice, but 90% of the time its the standard setting.

Ahh, I tried to meant that as in that server I mentioned has coded stuff, similar to LFS Lapper or Airio, but completely original one.

I did only mean the server itself.

OF course, there is ALWAYS something to make more, but as I am very poor to code anything, I am not the correct person to talk any if it needs fixes or important updates. But if there pops out any, it will be on Improvement Suggestions lists.
My pros goes for simply doing autocross layouts. Most likely have done which are speed-themed. (Somehow, feels amazing having XR GT Turbo going over 250km/h. In some cases, even more!
I have nothing much else to say, I have spoken everything I have got in my mind already.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I just got thing in my head which I have found out doing layouts!

Now I have to ask, does insim check settings of wings accorded to race cars? It can check tires and passengers, how about wings? (GTR, FBM, FOX, FO8, BF1 )
No
Quote from rc10racer :...but it's very hard for new racers to stick to lfs in the long term to build their overall speed up which takes a very long time and alot of dedication which is not going to be easy since there isn't many servers up running all type off combos.

And still there are new guys that can beat u'r arsch

But I have to agree it would be nice to find new demo candidates like some advertisement in pc magazins or race magazins. But who read those these daysFace -> palm

Hmm wouldn't know how to find new race fanatics.

I invited some assetto corsa guys but they stay there (when in one race game good all others easy to learn)
Well, there are active leagues e.g. Fox Friday which is easy to learn to drive and the competitiveness is good.
Maybe there will be once we get these "new guys" all online. Then it will be like a whole new game, whole new community...while the oldies continue to fade away...

I wrote a little InSim suggestion here, still no answer Smile
Off topic, but we need insim detects wing setups!
Eehh no, you. Wink
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Off topic, but we need insim detects wing setups!

Detect or limit to some range? Smile

I mean, are you into stealing someone's setup?

Or do you want to enforce only certain values possible for setups at particular server?

(unless the insim already does provide sensitive information about setup, I didn't check, but I was under impression it does not).
Quote from Ped7g :Detect or limit to some range? Smile

I mean, are you into stealing someone's setup?

Or do you want to enforce only certain values possible for setups at particular server?

(unless the insim already does provide sensitive information about setup, I didn't check, but I was under impression it does not).

Limiting one
No
Exactly!
No idea, probably it does not provide
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Limiting one
No
Exactly!
No idea, probably it does not provide

Limiting is fine. Wonder if all have the same wing angle it will have more equal performance on each car.
Quote from Ziomek21 :Co-sign, all we see are no wind GTI races, mostly on non-open configurations. Hardly any action in the forgotten TBO and LRF classes... You can change the weather and it feels kinda nice, but 90% of the time its the standard setting.

Missing CTRA?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG