The online racing simulator
Merging LFS engine with other games big openworld maps ?
I was thinking about merging LFS engine into a mod map like Euro Truck Simulator or American Truck Simulator or even bigger games. So we have a open world map which is HUGE ! Smile
I have been looking for an open world driving game that is not arcade style. Count me in on this for sure.
Yes, this would be GREAT for cruise servers! Even just a single state from ATS in LFS would be incredible.
This would be amazing!
I'd love to see South City developed into a bigger map, as a starting point, and then growing outwards from there...
I think it would help if the autocross editor also allowed us to edit and expand maps instead of just placing objects.
#7 - Racon
Map editing is more involved than just "this goes there", it's not a task suited to the autocross editor.
I know that, I make maps for BeamNG.drive and have attempted to make maps for American Truck Simulator.
LFS is getting boring without an open world map. Please make this happen, someone! Smile Then it would be "The Online Open World Racing Simulator". I'm sure there's very, VERY few games that offer that.
I would leave that to Life for Speed 2 Smile
Quote from Bigbob1993 :I would leave that to Life for Speed 2 Smile

Quote from ORION :Life For Speed? Which game is that? Uh-hu

That quote is very old, but I couldn't help myself. Tilt

Anyhow, I support the idea of an open world inside LFS.
Quote from gigapouch :I know that, I make maps for BeamNG.drive and have attempted to make maps for American Truck Simulator.

I bow to your superior square-peg-making skills and shan't mention the roundness of the hole again Taped Shut
If LFS is ever wrapped up, I hope it goes open source, or they sell the technology on to other game companies. I'd love LFS driving physics and feedback etc in something like GTA.
I guess the devs are ignoring us...
its not like scawen has nothing else to do :3
Quote from gigapouch :I guess the devs are ignoring us...

What did you expect? That they will throw away their own plans and do what you want them to do?
I've always wondered what people expect to get from a game like this. GTA-style game are popular and fun not because you can drive a bunch of vehicles there, but because it's an open world filled with things for you to do. Stripping away most of the mundanities of every day life is what makes these games so accessible and fun, that includes the simple driving model.

Imagine that you're in the middle of a difficult mission with the cops all over your tail and another gang shooting at you from a truck. Driving, shooting, avoiding traffic, accomplishing the mission goals and forming an escape plan is difficult enough already, now imagine that you'd have to take care about changing gears, overheated brakes, tyre hotspots, running out of fuel etc. on top of the raw unforgiving LFS tyre model. I'm of the opinion that such a game would quickly turn from fun to extremely frustrating even for people who have thousands of miles in LFS under their belt.

Hardcore racing sims do not make up a large market, narrowing it down even further by crossing it with a GTA/Mafia shooter would probably make the target audience so small that it wouldn't justify the production costs. Following this logic I might ask for a Cessna 172SP simulator with advanced flight model, ATC and stuff just so I could mess above the Liberty City.

Don't take me wrong, I'd like to try such a game once but I'm down to the Earth enough to see why it's not going to happen anytime soon...
Half of what you say is exactly what I miss from Mafia 1 (gears, revs, clutch) and GTA IV (wheel spins, differentials, suspension design for each car...).

I'd definitely would love if Euro truck Simulator had LFS level physics. And Beam.NG damage model of course.

NFS Underground/Carbon would also be cool if done as a real simulator. Not suitable for everybody, but great for some of us.
Quote from rosewood2 :That quote is very old, but I couldn't help myself. Tilt

Anyhow, I support the idea of an open world inside LFS.

oops, sorry. Face -> palm
open world + real car behave = best racing game in the world

we have a lot racing games with open world but every single game is arcade this all games are about driving but yea we have nice maps but driving in this games is not so good like in lfs but im sure in lfs we never see open world but idea is very good becouse we don't have simulation game with open world
Quote from jujek :open world + real car behave = best racing game in the world

we have a lot racing games with open world but every single game is arcade this all games are about driving but yea we have nice maps but driving in this games is not so good like in lfs but im sure in lfs we never see open world but idea is very good becouse we don't have simulation game with open world

Never say never
Quote from jujek :open world + real car behave = best racing game in the world

I agree
i just don't really understand this becouse racing games are about driving okay this is fine open world? yes this is also fine but no one had idea to make open world simulation game? i don't understand this it will be so nice to drive with ffb wheel around city or others road like this i know we can also plug wheel in nfs or aven gta and drive around but this is aren't fun. nobody propably don't wanna make this becouse as we can see here developers need a lot of time to make real physics and this time propably also cost a lot money so we never seen sim game with open world

sorry about my English
Quote from Whiskey :
I'd definitely would love if Euro truck Simulator had LFS level physics. And Beam.NG damage model of course.

I'm sorry but BeamNG and LFS are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in physics. LFS is 100% rigidbody physics, BeamNG is the much more computer intensive beam node / soft body physics which is essential to get the crash deformations they have. You can't just whip those two together and call it a day.

Onto the question; the reason why the LFS engine is what it is, is because of the priorities the devs have made so far. While it would be kinda cool to drive around in an open world (or just drive to work IRL) i much rather spend my time on a smaller track / environment with higher detail and more player density.

That being said, I would like to see more westhill style environments around the tracks. Perhaps a little mountain course next to KY. (mountain course is perhaps the thing I'd like to see the most in LFS)
Quote from pärtan :I'm sorry but BeamNG and LFS are at the opposite ends of the spectrum in physics. LFS is 100% rigidbody physics, BeamNG is the much more computer intensive beam node / soft body physics which is essential to get the crash deformations they have. You can't just whip those two together and call it a day

I know, but I don't really care, it's just a wish of a perfect game. Soft body physics should be the only realistic simulation in the future, but until then...

King of the road also "simulated" liquid movement when hauling a tanker (your trailer was just more unstable), and this isn't present in ETS2. We don't really need everything to be simulated, just use canned physics that are not too crappy for people to notice immediately xD

Merging LFS engine with other games big openworld maps ?
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG