The online racing simulator
Final drive ratio 7500 why?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Can you explain what is the reason to have final drive ratio 7500?
It does not really matter where it is, as it is overall ratio for transmission to be set low or high or something between on that.

But yeah, why it is set on there? Is it due its easier to do, or it is more clearly? Or is just simply of some people makes setups so?

Or, is there actually really a benefit reason about why?

EDIT: Yes, I know, my reply is awkward, but I did post exactly how I thought.
#3 - lucaf
I've noticed the transmission even sounds different when it is set to 7500
#4 - pik_d
The final drive ratio also sets the maximum reverse speed, though I can't imagine that's useful for much.

Usually it's just because whatever set someone based a set on already had those gear ratios, so why change?
Quote from pik_d :The final drive ratio also sets the maximum reverse speed, though I can't imagine that's useful for much.

Usually it's just because whatever set someone based a set on already had those gear ratios, so why change?

Oh yes! That one! I have to say I forgot it already, but depending your driving style, it adds certain benefits for sure, to going faster.
Quote from pik_d :The final drive ratio also sets the maximum reverse speed, though I can't imagine that's useful for much.

yep, im often driving 120 mph in reverse (seriously!).
Uhmm

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG