The online racing simulator
Improvements relating to AI
(9 posts, started )
Hi,

Yes we all know that this game's AI is not perfect and more often than not, it's behavior is unforgivable. However, I don't really care about AI's driving and it's behavior. Instead, there are some other things about AI that I would like to get improved and I think developers shouldn't have hard time of improving these.

1) Increase maximum grid size in single player:
Who wouldn't want to watch race with 32 (or even 40) AI's?

2) Increase maximum amount of cars per guest in multiplayer:
Believe it or not, but relatively often 3 AI's per guest in multiplayer is not enough for me. 6 would be a good maximum amount.

(In the nutshell: instead of command /carsguest X having parameters 0-3, it should have parameters 0-6).

3) Change your AI's pit strategy and live setups whenever you want:
You can change your own pit strategy and live setups when you're racing, why you don't have the same authority for your own AI's?

4) Have ability to adjust your AI's amount of laps per stint in qualifying:
Almost every time, when AI's are on lap 4 in qualifying, they go to the pit lane. If I want to get them back on track, I need to type either:

a) /pit_all (if I want every driver to return to the pit lane)
b) /pitlane [AI-Driver's name] (if I want just my drivers (or just one of them) to return to the pit lane)
c) /spec [AI's name] and then /ai [that AI's name which just got spectated] (this is the only working solution for guests in server)

But even then, I have to type one of these again when they return again to pit lane. Needless to say, it's weird and frustrating at the same time to do that. This could be fixed by allowing players to adjust their AI's fuel load at start.

5) Have ability to change difficulty level for specific AI-driver.
At the moment, you can change difficulty level for your AI's but it affects to all of them.
1 +1
2 0 (+1)
3 0
4 0
5 +1

+1 means for +1 and 0 is pretty much neutral. (+1) means it is not really useful, but in certain circumstances, I absolutely second this too.
+1 from me too, I'd like to add one thing though, make AI yield to blue flags.

I usually manually give them a DT-Penalty when they're in the way of faster AI but it'd be so much better if they just made room by themselves.
I LIKE TO KNOW: why some of the ai cars seem to be fast times than me.even thou they are 3 or 4 cars behind us on track????
they might have messed up, started behind you or found some speed (in a lot of games AI are really slow on the 1st lap so that might have been it)
I would like to see an AI SC, and during a race, admin could call SC in and out when he is racing himself and an accident happens.
Honestly, right now, the AI need to have their awareness fixed. It'd be great if they actually raced each other and tried to overtake, rather than just following each other around.
Give them a variety of intake restrictions and set random starting positions... then watch the havoc.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG